Minimum distance for Audax permanents

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by vernon, Feb 5, 2006.

  1. vernon

    vernon Guest

    Is there a minimum distance for riding a permanent usiing the nodes from a
    mesh?

    Specifically, are 100km rides allowed?

    Cheers

    Vernon, seeking a gentle re-introduction to Audaxing

    Tags:

  2. vernon

    vernon Guest

    "vernon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Is there a minimum distance for riding a permanent usiing the nodes from a
    > mesh?
    >
    > Specifically, are 100km rides allowed?

    I've found the answer to the question but it raises a further question.

    Do 100km rides qualify as different rides if they use different nodes from
    the same mesh or do they count as the same ride i.e. an Eastern Peaks and
    Plain 100km?

    Cheers

    Vernon

  3. nik

    nik Guest

    The message <[email protected]>
    from "vernon" <[email protected]> contains these words:

    > I've found the answer to the question but it raises a further question.

    > Do 100km rides qualify as different rides if they use different nodes from
    > the same mesh or do they count as the same ride i.e. an Eastern Peaks and
    > Plain 100km?

    If one or more nodes are different then it generally counts as a
    different ride even if a lot of the route is duplicated. I've ridden
    several variants of the Midland Mesh in one season which count as
    separate 200s. (If you simply miss out an unnecessary node then put it
    back in and ride what amounts to the same route I doubt this counts as a
    separate ride though).

    Nik