Minneapolis and surrounding suburbs maps

keydates

Mar 9, 2004
I'm wondering if there are maps that are roughly similar to the Michelin maps for the Minneapolis (and preferably western suburbs) area. Basically I'd like something I could easily carry with me while riding, would have mileage marked on the map, would be detailed enough to show some of the lower traffic roads but cover a large enough area to go on a big ride, and possibly major areas of elevation marked (though the latter, of course is unlikely for Minnesota). Anybody know of such a map?

keydates said:
I'm wondering if there are maps that are roughly similar to the Michelin maps for the Minneapolis (and preferably western suburbs) area. Basically I'd like something I could easily carry with me while riding, would have mileage marked on the map, would be detailed enough to show some of the lower traffic roads but cover a large enough area to go on a big ride, and possibly major areas of elevation marked (though the latter, of course is unlikely for Minnesota). Anybody know of such a map?

There is a very good bicycling map of the Twin Cities and surrounding areas. Start by looking the MNDOT (Minnesota Department of Transportation) site, and Google for Minnesota bicycling maps.