Minnesota Ironman

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.rides' started by KMH215, Jan 12, 2005.

  1. KMH215

    KMH215 New Member

    Joined:
    Jan 7, 2005
    I am considering riding the MN Ironman this April (24th, 2005)...was wondering if anyone here has done this ride before and would recommend it.

    If no, any thoughts on an early season event/ride inthe twin cities area would be greatly appreciated.

    Kevin

    Tags:

  2. Dave

    Dave Guest

    "KMH215" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > I am considering riding the MN Ironman this April (24th, 2005)...was
    > wondering if anyone here has done this ride before and would recommend
    > it.
    >
    > If no, any thoughts on an early season event/ride inthe twin cities
    > area would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Kevin
    >

    > --
    > KMH215

    It is a very well run ride, I think last year about 4,000 riders showed up
    in a light drizzle. The route is not real hilly and the rest stops are well
    stocked and placed in small towns. (Be sure to try the Biker Buns!) The
    Ironman part comes in from the weather, some years it snows, most years it
    rains a bit and every year the wind blowns!

    I highly recommend you come and join the rest of us crazies.
    BTW are you moving to Minnesota?
    Dave

  3. KMH215

    KMH215 New Member

    Joined:
    Jan 7, 2005
    Thanks for the feedback Dave. Is there an on-line registration? I can't seem to find any info on the website (maybe its too early)?

    No plans to move to MN anytime soon, my brother lives in the MSP area and we are looking for a ride to do together.

    Thanks again.

    Kevin

  4. Dave

    Dave Guest

    "KMH215" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > Dave Wrote:
    >> "KMH215" <[email protected]>
    >> BTW are you moving to Minnesota?
    >> Dave
    >> >

    > Thanks for the feedback Dave. Is there an on-line registration? I
    > can't seem to find any info on the website (maybe its too early)?
    >
    > No plans to move to MN anytime soon, my brother lives in the MSP area
    > and we are looking for a ride to do together.
    >
    > Thanks again.
    >
    > Kevin
    >

    > --
    > KMH215

    I'm sure it is just too early, the web page has not been updated since May
    16th. Last year they did have on-line registration so I'm sure they will
    again.
    Dave
    Also our club also hosts a ride June 18th, with 35, 65, 85, 105, and 126
    mile options about 60 miles southeast of Minneapolis in Rochester. Details
    will be up later at www.rasc-mn.org

  5. KMH215 wrote:
    > I am considering riding the MN Ironman this April (24th, 2005)...was
    > wondering if anyone here has done this ride before and would

    recommend
    > it.
    >
    > If no, any thoughts on an early season event/ride inthe twin cities
    > area would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Kevin
    >

    > --
    > KMH215

    As Dave mentioned, it's a well organized ride. Here is their site:

    http://www.ironmanbikeride.org/

    It's not updated yet but they did have online registration last year.
    First year I ever rode we had a little of everything, rain, snow, sun
    and wind! It's a very doable ride, some rolling hills here and there
    but nothing too terribly hard. I'd recommend it.

    The next one after the Ironman that I am aware of the the MS 60/30 but
    you have to have a minimum amount of pledges as with any MS ride. This
    is May 7th. Last year they had about 800 or so riders.

  6. Kevin

    Kevin Guest

    Thanks for the feedback. I'm definitely going to try to make it to MN
    for this ride. It'll be great motivation to stay in shape over the
    winter :)

    Kevin