minoura floor pump hose

cliff

Guest
I have a 25 year old minoura floor pump with the old cloth covered
hose that is threaded onto the pump base. The hose is crimped to the
threaded junction. Does anyone know where I can find a replacement
hose? If not, is there a threaded fitting that will allow me to use a
standard air hose? The pump works just fine otherwise. TIA.

In article
<91340a01-01bb-408d-b169-5d03b570727a@k10g2000prm.googlegroups.com>,
cliff <[email protected]> wrote:

> I have a 25 year old minoura floor pump with the old cloth covered
> hose that is threaded onto the pump base. The hose is crimped to the
> threaded junction. Does anyone know where I can find a replacement
> hose? If not, is there a threaded fitting that will allow me to use a
> standard air hose? The pump works just fine otherwise. TIA.

Looking at a similar issue on a pump of no brand that I recall, when I
stripped off the crimp from the fitting (wire cutters and brute force,
IIRC), there was a barb - and you can simply put a normal air hose over
the barb, then use a normal hose clamp on it, if you are not bound up in
"historically correct" .vs. "works, and easy to repair the next time."

YMMV.

On May 18, 12:32 am, cliff <[email protected]> wrote:
> I have a 25 year old minoura floor pump with the old cloth covered
> hose that is threaded onto the pump base. The hose is crimped to the
> threaded junction. Does anyone know where I can find a replacement
> hose?

There are a multitude of hoses/heads available online. Pull off the
old. Wiggle on the new. Clamp or use a couple zip ties to secure, pump
away. Some times you have to cut away a fitting to get to plain hose
is all.

About $15 gets you something like this:

http://www.bikemannetwork.com/biking/p/ACPUMPPRTFLR/PU1722

On May 18, 6:28 am, Ecnerwal <[email protected]>
wrote:
> In article
> <91340a01-01bb-408d-b169-5d03b5707...@k10g2000prm.googlegroups.com>,
>
>  cliff <[email protected]> wrote:
> > I have a 25 year old minoura floor pump with the old cloth covered
> > hose that is threaded onto the pump base.  The hose is crimped to the
> > threaded junction.  Does anyone know where I can find a replacement
> > hose?  If not, is there a threaded fitting that will allow me to use a
> > standard air hose?  The pump works just fine otherwise.  TIA.

> Looking at a similar issue on a pump of no brand that I recall, when I
> stripped off the crimp from the fitting (wire cutters and brute force,
> IIRC), there was a barb - and you can simply put a normal air hose over
> the barb, then use a normal hose clamp on it, if you are not bound up in
> "historically correct" .vs. "works, and easy to repair the next time."
>
> YMMV.
>
> --
> Cats, coffee, chocolate...vices to live by

Thanks. This is just what I was thinking of doing since the hose has
a leak anyway. I greatly appreciate your insight.

cliff wrote:
> On May 18, 6:28 am, Ecnerwal <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
>>In article
>><91340a01-01bb-408d-b169-5d03b5707...@k10g2000prm.googlegroups.com>,
>>
>> cliff <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>I have a 25 year old minoura floor pump with the old cloth covered
>>>hose that is threaded onto the pump base. The hose is crimped to the
>>>threaded junction. Does anyone know where I can find a replacement
>>>hose? If not, is there a threaded fitting that will allow me to use a
>>>standard air hose? The pump works just fine otherwise. TIA.

>>Looking at a similar issue on a pump of no brand that I recall, when I
>>stripped off the crimp from the fitting (wire cutters and brute force,
>>IIRC), there was a barb - and you can simply put a normal air hose over
>>the barb, then use a normal hose clamp on it, if you are not bound up in
>>"historically correct" .vs. "works, and easy to repair the next time."
>>
>>YMMV.
>>
>>--
>>Cats, coffee, chocolate...vices to live by

> Thanks. This is just what I was thinking of doing since the hose has
> a leak anyway. I greatly appreciate your insight.

If you have an Oetiker clamp tool that is less bulky and likely to cause
an issue than a regular worm-drive hose clamp. Unfortunately, finding a
source for the Oetiker clamps themselves may be problematic, unless you
have a really good speed shop or German car specialty parts store in
your area.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

On May 18, 11:52 am, Nate Nagel <[email protected]> wrote:
> cliff wrote:
> > On May 18, 6:28 am, Ecnerwal <[email protected]>
> > wrote:

> >>In article
> >><91340a01-01bb-408d-b169-5d03b5707...@k10g2000prm.googlegroups.com>,

> >>Looking at a similar issue on a pump of no brand that I recall, when I
> >>stripped off the crimp from the fitting (wire cutters and brute force,
> >>IIRC), there was a barb - and you can simply put a normal air hose over
> >>the barb, then use a normal hose clamp on it, if you are not bound up in
> >>"historically correct" .vs. "works, and easy to repair the next time."

> >>YMMV.

> >>--
> >>Cats, coffee, chocolate...vices to live by

> > Thanks. This is just what I was thinking of doing since the hose has
> > a leak anyway. I greatly appreciate your insight.

> If you have an Oetiker clamp tool that is less bulky and likely to cause
> an issue than a regular worm-drive hose clamp. Unfortunately, finding a
> source for the Oetiker clamps themselves may be problematic, unless you
> have a really good speed shop or German car specialty parts store in
> your area.

If you want an oetiker clamp--for that Yurpeen tech edge, call a
landscape supply company and ask if they can slap one on there for ya.
Alternately, they're also very popular with the washing machine tuning
crowd--but those guys are total snobs.

cliff wrote:
> I have a 25 year old minoura floor pump with the old cloth covered
> hose that is threaded onto the pump base. The hose is crimped to the
> threaded junction. Does anyone know where I can find a replacement
> hose? If not, is there a threaded fitting that will allow me to use a
> standard air hose? The pump works just fine otherwise. TIA.

Any modern pump hose or hose with head. Use a stainless hose clamp on
your present barb.
--
Andrew Muzi
<www.yellowjersey.org/>

In article
<91340a01-01bb-408d-b169-5d03b570727a@k10g2000prm.googlegroups.com>,
cliff <[email protected]> wrote:

> I have a 25 year old minoura floor pump with the old cloth covered
> hose that is threaded onto the pump base. The hose is crimped to the
> threaded junction. Does anyone know where I can find a replacement
> hose? If not, is there a threaded fitting that will allow me to use a
> standard air hose? The pump works just fine otherwise. TIA.

Look for industrial supply shops that do compressed air.
At least one will cut and fit to order while you wait.
Take in the pump, old hose, and fittings.

--
Michael Press