Minoura Space grip

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by essendon93, Nov 8, 2005.

  1. essendon93

    essendon93 New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 20, 2004
    Just waiting delivery of a Cateye Opticube HL-EL500, and now looking for something to attach it to. Popped into the LBS to have a look what was available and saw the Space grip. Would this be sturdy enough to hold a couple of lights, having never used an extension like this I'm open to suggestions.

    Oh yeah also any suggestions for a second light for Audaxing :)

    Cheers
    Ess

    Tags:

  2. Humbug

    Humbug Guest

    On 08/11/05 at 20:26:27 essendon93 somehow managed to type:

    > Just waiting delivery of a Cateye Opticube HL-EL500, and now looking
    > for something to attach it to. Popped into the LBS to have a look

    Ahhhh speaking of your LBS, which one are you using ? I'm NOT saying
    which one I useD in the past but I need a new one.....:-(

    <snip>

    --
    Humbug
    BE A LOOF! (There has been a recent population explosion of lerts.)

  3. essendon93

    essendon93 New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 20, 2004

    I'm giving Rapido a go

  4. Derek

    Derek Guest

    I bought a space grip because my light (5 LED Adder) didn't fit the
    oversize bars on my new bike. The grip holds the light and my bell (you
    may have heard it on Sunday but perhaps you were too far ahead of me!).
    It's sturdy enought for the light and bell and although they're not
    very heavy I would expect it to hold heavier items quite comfortably. I
    think I got the larger spacegrip. It was a bit tricky to install but
    okay. I put a bit of old inner tube between the screw and handlebar so
    it didn't scratch the bars.

    Derek

    essendon93 wrote:
    > Just waiting delivery of a Cateye Opticube HL-EL500, and now looking for
    > something to attach it to. Popped into the LBS to have a look what was
    > available and saw the Space grip. Would this be sturdy enough to hold
    > a couple of lights, having never used an extension like this I'm open
    > to suggestions.
    >
    > Oh yeah also any suggestions for a second light for Audaxing :)
    >
    > Cheers
    > Ess

  5. geoffs

    geoffs New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 8, 2003
    We have an Air Zound and a Cateye StadiumIII and have had no problems in over a year.
    Works for us :)

    Cheers

    Geoff

  6. Humbug

    Humbug Guest

    On 08/11/05 at 21:15:48 essendon93 somehow managed to type:

    > > Ahhhh speaking of your LBS, which one are you using ? I'm NOT saying
    > > which one I useD in the past but I need a new one.....:-(
    > >
    > > <snip>
    > >
    > > --
    > > Humbug
    > >

    > I'm giving Rapido a go

    Ahhhhh...hmmmmmm That was the one I used when it was Niddrie Cycles -
    I'm thinking Hillmans for me from now on. Perhaps the shop in Puckle
    St.???

    --
    Humbug
    BE A LOOF! (There has been a recent population explosion of lerts.)

  7. essendon93

    essendon93 New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 20, 2004

  8. essendon93

    essendon93 New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 20, 2004

  9. alison_b

    alison_b New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 24, 2005
    You could go a little bit further and try Flemington Cycles (Racecourse Rd). They've been looking after my family and I for years now (9 bikes, various bits of gear, repairs, advice, etc). No complaints at all!

    cheers,
    Ali

  10. Humbug

    Humbug Guest

    On 10/11/05 at 07:46:08 alison_b somehow managed to type:

    <snip>

    > You could go a little bit further and try Flemington Cycles

    Thanks Ali - I wonder why I never think of them, I know they're there.