Minoura Space grip

essendon93

New Member
Aug 20, 2004
Just waiting delivery of a Cateye Opticube HL-EL500, and now looking for something to attach it to. Popped into the LBS to have a look what was available and saw the Space grip. Would this be sturdy enough to hold a couple of lights, having never used an extension like this I'm open to suggestions.

Oh yeah also any suggestions for a second light for Audaxing :)

Cheers
Ess

On 08/11/05 at 20:26:27 essendon93 somehow managed to type:

> Just waiting delivery of a Cateye Opticube HL-EL500, and now looking
> for something to attach it to. Popped into the LBS to have a look

Ahhhh speaking of your LBS, which one are you using ? I'm NOT saying
which one I useD in the past but I need a new one.....:-(

<snip>

--
Humbug
BE A LOOF! (There has been a recent population explosion of lerts.)

Ahhhh speaking of your LBS, which one are you using ? I'm NOT saying
which one I useD in the past but I need a new one.....:-(

<snip>

--
Humbug

I'm giving Rapido a go

I bought a space grip because my light (5 LED Adder) didn't fit the
oversize bars on my new bike. The grip holds the light and my bell (you
may have heard it on Sunday but perhaps you were too far ahead of me!).
It's sturdy enought for the light and bell and although they're not
very heavy I would expect it to hold heavier items quite comfortably. I
think I got the larger spacegrip. It was a bit tricky to install but
okay. I put a bit of old inner tube between the screw and handlebar so
it didn't scratch the bars.

Derek

essendon93 said:
Just waiting delivery of a Cateye Opticube HL-EL500, and now looking for something to attach it to. Popped into the LBS to have a look what was available and saw the Space grip. Would this be sturdy enough to hold a couple of lights, having never used an extension like this I'm open to suggestions.

Oh yeah also any suggestions for a second light for Audaxing :)

Cheers
Ess

We have an Air Zound and a Cateye StadiumIII and have had no problems in over a year.
Works for us :)

Cheers

Geoff

On 08/11/05 at 21:15:48 essendon93 somehow managed to type:

> > Ahhhh speaking of your LBS, which one are you using ? I'm NOT saying
> > which one I useD in the past but I need a new one.....:-(
> >
> > <snip>
> >
> > --
> > Humbug
> >

> I'm giving Rapido a go

Ahhhhh...hmmmmmm That was the one I used when it was Niddrie Cycles -
I'm thinking Hillmans for me from now on. Perhaps the shop in Puckle
St.???

--
Humbug
BE A LOOF! (There has been a recent population explosion of lerts.)

Humbug said:
On 08/11/05 at 21:15:48

Ahhhhh...hmmmmmm That was the one I used when it was Niddrie Cycles -
I'm thinking Hillmans for me from now on. Perhaps the shop in Puckle
St.???
QUOTE]

The service has been alright so far, and the fact that it is only a couple of k's from home is the main reason. I had a look at Goldcross a while back, but their prices seemed expensive, and the expertise didn't exactly fill me with confidence, this might have improved, don't know. Saying that Rapido aren't exactly on the cheap side either, but I mainly get my more expensive items on the net anyway. Never been to Hillmans.

Derek said:
I bought a space grip because my light (5 LED Adder) didn't fit the
oversize bars on my new bike. The grip holds the light and my bell (you
may have heard it on Sunday but perhaps you were too far ahead of me!).
It's sturdy enought for the light and bell and although they're not
very heavy I would expect it to hold heavier items quite comfortably. I
think I got the larger spacegrip. It was a bit tricky to install but
okay. I put a bit of old inner tube between the screw and handlebar so
it didn't scratch the bars.
Derek

Ah Ok didn't realise you had the spacegrip on, it seemed to work well. I'd be getting the large, the medium seems a tad small, but I'll see once I get my light. YeahI certainly heard the bell :D

Humbug said:
Ahhhhh...hmmmmmm That was the one I used when it was Niddrie Cycles -
I'm thinking Hillmans for me from now on. Perhaps the shop in Puckle
St.???

--
Humbug
BE A LOOF! (There has been a recent population explosion of lerts.)
You could go a little bit further and try Flemington Cycles (Racecourse Rd). They've been looking after my family and I for years now (9 bikes, various bits of gear, repairs, advice, etc). No complaints at all!

cheers,
Ali

On 10/11/05 at 07:46:08 alison_b somehow managed to type:

<snip>

> You could go a little bit further and try Flemington Cycles

Thanks Ali - I wonder why I never think of them, I know they're there.