Minoura Wheel Jig, half price at Halfords

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Call Me Bob, Apr 18, 2003.

  1. Call Me Bob

    Call Me Bob Guest

    Worra bargain!

    Just bagged a Minoura T817 wheel stand in the Halfords sale, down from £40 to £20. Also got a
    couple of pairs of Madison padded pants/short liner things for £3.30 each, down from a tenner. Very
    pleased :eek:)

    Good reductions on quite a few different components, as well as lots of odds 'n ends buckets to
    rummage through. Just thought I'd mention it in case any one was interested.

    Bob

  2. Alex Graham

    Alex Graham Guest

  3. Call Me Bob

    Call Me Bob Guest

    On Fri, 18 Apr 2003 17:34:33 +0000 (UTC), Alex Graham <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Was it one of the big halfords, or even a cycle specific one?

    It was a branch with a Bike Hut dept. (Derby, Kingsway).

    Bob

  4. Stan Cox

    Stan Cox Guest

    "Call me Bob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Fri, 18 Apr 2003 17:34:33 +0000 (UTC), Alex Graham <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >Was it one of the big halfords, or even a cycle specific one?
    >
    > It was a branch with a Bike Hut dept. (Derby, Kingsway).
    >

    > Bob

    Thanks for that Bob. I'll have a look in my local one tomorrow. All the best.

    Stan Cox

  5. "Call me Bob" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Worra bargain!
    >
    > Just bagged a Minoura T817 wheel stand in the Halfords sale, down from £40 to £20. Also got a
    > couple of pairs of Madison padded pants/short liner things for £3.30 each, down from a tenner.
    > Very pleased :eek:)
    >
    > Good reductions on quite a few different components, as well as lots of odds 'n ends buckets to
    > rummage through. Just thought I'd mention it in case any one was interested.

    Thanks for that. Went down to my local one today and got said wheel jig, but I had to ask them if
    they were doing the discount or not! Silly buggers haven't marked reduced prices on anything except
    the bikes, although their computers know about it. I might have bought a lot more but couldn't be
    bothered asking on an item by item basis whether there was a discount going on it or not.

    Rich

  6. Call Me Bob

    Call Me Bob Guest

    On Sat, 19 Apr 2003 18:30:05 +0100, "Richard Goodman" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Thanks for that. Went down to my local one today and got said wheel jig, but I had to ask them if
    >they were doing the discount or not! Silly buggers haven't marked reduced prices on anything except
    >the bikes, although their computers know about it. I might have bought a lot more but couldn't be
    >bothered asking on an item by item basis whether there was a discount going on it or not.

    This seems to be really common at Halfords. I found out about the sale from another online forum and
    also had to ask instore if the jig was reduced because it wasn't marked down. The sales lad had no
    idea until he checked on the computer, he was so impressed that after I'd bought mine he put the
    only other one aside for himself!

    Bob

  7. On Fri, 18 Apr 2003 18:20:55 +0100, Call me Bob <[email protected]> wrote: Many thanks for
    the info, went to my local Halfords today not a bike hut just a small cycling section in the main
    store. They had one on display and one sealed up, I asked if I could try one of the wheels on
    display in the stand "No problem sir" Yes I bought one, only comment no dishing stick but I can soon
    make one up So any one lvig in the Beverley / Hull area there is one left in the Halfords just
    outside Beverley (next to Morrissons) Steve

    >Worra bargain!
    >
    >Just bagged a Minoura T817 wheel stand in the Halfords sale, down from £40 to £20. Also got a
    >couple of pairs of Madison padded pants/short liner things for £3.30 each, down from a tenner. Very
    >pleased :eek:)
    >
    >Good reductions on quite a few different components, as well as lots of odds 'n ends buckets to
    >rummage through. Just thought I'd mention it in case any one was interested.
    >

    >Bob

    Remove nospam from email address to reply

  8. Michael Kent

    Michael Kent Guest

    "Steve Walford" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Fri, 18 Apr 2003 18:20:55 +0100, Call me Bob <[email protected]> wrote: Many thanks
    > for the info, went to my local Halfords today not a bike hut just a small cycling section in the
    > main store. They had one on display and one sealed up, I asked if I could try one of the wheels on
    > display in the stand "No problem sir" Yes I bought one, only comment no dishing stick but I can
    > soon make one up So any one lvig in the Beverley / Hull area there is one left in the Halfords
    > just outside Beverley (next to Morrissons) Steve
    >

    > >Worra bargain!
    > >
    > >Just bagged a Minoura T817 wheel stand in the Halfords sale, down from £40 to £20. Also got a
    > >couple of pairs of Madison padded pants/short liner things for £3.30 each, down from a tenner.
    > >Very pleased :eek:)
    > >
    > >Good reductions on quite a few different components, as well as lots of odds 'n ends buckets to
    > >rummage through. Just thought I'd mention it in case any one was interested.
    > >

    > >Bob
    >
    > Remove nospam from email address to reply

    On the same note i got a camelbak blowfish (3ltr model) for less than half price when the range
    changed £30 well spent!!

    Cheers Michael

  9. Peter

    Peter Guest

    Call me Bob <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Worra bargain!
    >
    > Just bagged a Minoura T817 wheel stand in the Halfords sale, down from £40 to £20. Also got a
    > couple of pairs of Madison padded pants/short liner things for £3.30 each, down from a tenner.
    > Very pleased :eek:)

    Brilliant, just picked one up in the Mile End Road shop, had to ask about the price though as none
    of the cycling stuff was marked down. If anyone in London still wants one they've got four more plus
    the display one there.

  10. Mike

    Mike Guest

    "peter" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Call me Bob <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Worra bargain!
    > >
    > > Just bagged a Minoura T817 wheel stand in the Halfords sale, down from £40 to £20. Also got a
    > > couple of pairs of Madison padded pants/short liner things for £3.30 each, down from a tenner.
    > > Very pleased :eek:)
    > >

    > Brilliant, just picked one up in the Mile End Road shop, had to ask about the price though as none
    > of the cycling stuff was marked down. If anyone in London still wants one they've got four more
    > plus the display one there.

    Same in Rugby and Northampton - marked £39.99 sold at £19.99 - odd way to promote tyhem and a lot
    left on the shelves. I got mine on Saturday and built my first wheel on it yesterday. Mike