Minoxidil in oral form

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by [email protected], Jun 14, 2005.

  1. hi, i ve started using regaine but would much prefer taking two
    minoxidil tabletts a day than spraying regaine onto my head twice a
    day. its the same chemical and the orginal tests that led to the
    introduction of regaine were based on blood pressure medication
    containing minoxidil so I would nt think that tabletts would have less
    of an effect combating hair loss than regaine would. Does anyone have
    experience in this matter?

    thanks

    Sven

    Tags:

  2. David  Cohen

    David Cohen Guest

    <[email protected]> wrote
    > hi, i ve started using regaine but would much prefer taking two
    > minoxidil tabletts a day than spraying regaine onto my head twice a
    > day. its the same chemical and the orginal tests that led to the
    > introduction of regaine were based on blood pressure medication
    > containing minoxidil so I would nt think that tabletts would have less
    > of an effect combating hair loss than regaine would. Does anyone have
    > experience in this matter?

    Same chemical, different route of administration. You can not just switch
    from topical to oral. Topical tends to limit effect mostly to the site of
    application, in this case. Oral minoxidil is a potent arterial vasodilator
    antihypertensive medication.

    Don't do it.

    David

  3. <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > hi, i ve started using regaine but would much prefer taking two
    > minoxidil tabletts a day than spraying regaine onto my head twice a
    > day. its the same chemical and the orginal tests that led to the
    > introduction of regaine were based on blood pressure medication
    > containing minoxidil so I would nt think that tabletts would have less
    > of an effect combating hair loss than regaine would. Does anyone have
    > experience in this matter?

    What David said.

    There is precedent for following his advice is other areas as well,
    e.g., look at all the bad side effects on asthmatics from oral
    corticosteroids. Switching to inhaling them, which effectively applies
    them topically, makes all the difference in the world.

    I'm sure this isn't a 100% valid comparison but the point remains valid
    nonetheless IMHO. Putting the medicine where it's needed and keeping it
    away from where it's not - and could otherwise cause harm - is a good
    thing.

    -S-
    http://www.kbnj.com

  4. thanks.ok.i ll talk to my doctor and keep that in mind at the same
    time. another thing: many people use different medications at the same
    time to combat hair loss. but i m a bit put off by these `combine this
    and that and smash the pills mix with water and let the full moon shine
    on it´ combinations. is a combination advisable and if so has any
    combo been medically verified or is any combo recommendable?

    thanks

  5. David  Cohen

    David Cohen Guest

    <[email protected]> wrote
    thanks.ok.i ll talk to my doctor and keep that in mind at the same
    time. another thing: many people use different medications at the same
    time to combat hair loss. but i m a bit put off by these `combine this
    and that and smash the pills mix with water and let the full moon shine
    on it´ combinations. is a combination advisable and if so has any
    combo been medically verified or is any combo recommendable?

    http://www.brinkzone.com/hair.html

    David

  6. JimR

    JimR Guest

    Good lord Brink..is this what you are doing in yer old age.
    Hair care,balding stuff?

    Jimmy

  7. The other posters are correct that it's best applied to the area you
    want to grow hair. For you I suggest a hairy enema.

  8. WillBrink

    WillBrink Guest