General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Mirro matic pressure cooker question

Started by Anne Duhon · · Last activity · 5 posts · 4,112 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
13 June 2004
Last activity
5 July 2004
Original author
Anne Duhon
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
4,112
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I have an old one I bought in the 60s. I need a new gasket
    and safety fuse. Have never had trouble replacing these
    parts til now. Hardware store tells me the part numbers are
    no longer available but can sell me a substitute. Have any
    of you run into this problem? If so, will they perform as
    well as the originals?

    I thought about replacing the cooker with a new one, but the
    quality of those made today just isnt there. Anne

  2. Anne Duhon said:


    I have an old one I bought in the 60s. I need a new gasket
    and safety fuse. Have never had trouble replacing these
    parts til now. Hardware store tells me the part numbers
    are no longer available but can sell me a substitute. Have
    any of you run into this problem? If so, will they perform
    as well as the originals?

    Broaden your search. Goggle gave me this in about 10
    seconds: goodmans.netget dept 588.htm

  3. (Anne Duhon) said:

    I have an old one I bought in the 60s. I need a new gasket
    and safety fuse. Have never had trouble replacing these
    parts til now. Hardware store tells me the part numbers are
    no longer available but can sell me a substitute. Have any
    of you run into this problem? If so, will they perform as
    well as the originals?

    I thought about replacing the cooker with a new one, but
    the quality of those made today just isnt there. Anne

    You might want to consider buying a new pressure cooker.
    Older cookers simply don't have the same quality of safety
    features you find in newer ones. 🙂 Many of them also use
    less water and are much quieter. 🙂

    I recently bought a Kuhn Rikon 5 quart and I'm very pleased
    with how much better it is than the one I bought just seven
    years ago.

    --
    Siobhan Perricone "This isn't right. This isn't even wrong."
    - Wolfgang Pauli, on a paper submitted by a physicist
    colleague

  4. In article said:

    I have an old one I bought in the 60s. I need a new gasket
    and safety fuse. Have never had trouble replacing these
    parts til now. Hardware store tells me the part numbers are
    no longer available but can sell me a substitute. Have any
    of you run into this problem? If so, will they perform as
    well as the originals?

    I thought about replacing the cooker with a new one, but
    the quality of those made today just isnt there. Anne

    Good place for info on pressure cookers

    groups.yahoo.comPressureCookerRecipes

    _ (_) Daniel Warren, RPh _______// Marion NY
    (________) Clinical Pharmacist \ /
    [email hidden]
    | Rx |
    /______\
    (________)

  5. [email hidden] (Anne Duhon) wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    I thought about replacing the cooker with a new one, but
    the quality of those made today just isnt there. Anne

    Dear, you need to get out more! Mirro is very low end. Have
    you seen the new 2nd generation pressure cookers, they are
    so far above the one you're using that there's no
    comparison. Look at these features:
    missvickie.com2ndgenerationvalves.html

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.