Mirror for drop handlebars required

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Smithy, Jun 30, 2005.

  1. Smithy

    Smithy Guest

    For donkey's years I used a Mirrycle (one of the best bits of kit I have
    ever had) but I've now upgraded to these new-fangled Shimano dual contol
    lever thingys to which the Mirrycle cannot be fitted.

    I have tried the Blackburn Road Mirror but find the velcro attachment
    insecure and uncomfortable on the hand. Does anyone know of a
    straightforward "adjustable mirror on a stick" which can be clamped directly
    to drop handlebars?

    TIA.

    Tags:

  2. LSMike

    LSMike Guest

    "Smithy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > For donkey's years I used a Mirrycle (one of the best bits of kit I have
    > ever had) but I've now upgraded to these new-fangled Shimano dual contol
    > lever thingys to which the Mirrycle cannot be fitted.
    >
    > I have tried the Blackburn Road Mirror but find the velcro attachment
    > insecure and uncomfortable on the hand. Does anyone know of a
    > straightforward "adjustable mirror on a stick" which can be clamped
    > directly to drop handlebars?

    I like the B&M Cyclestar mirror, though I'm not using drop handlebars, more
    like a drop bike. ;)

  3. Sam Salt

    Sam Salt Guest

    LSMike wrote:
    > "Smithy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> For donkey's years I used a Mirrycle (one of the best bits of kit I
    >> have ever had) but I've now upgraded to these new-fangled Shimano
    >> dual contol lever thingys to which the Mirrycle cannot be fitted.
    >>
    >> I have tried the Blackburn Road Mirror but find the velcro attachment
    >> insecure and uncomfortable on the hand. Does anyone know of a
    >> straightforward "adjustable mirror on a stick" which can be clamped
    >> directly to drop handlebars?

    > I like the B&M Cyclestar mirror, though I'm not using drop
    > handlebars, more like a drop bike. ;)

    Like the previous poster I also use a B & M Cyclestar on drop bars.Fits into
    the end of the drops with a ball and socket joint.No problems at
    all,wouldn't be without it.

    Have a look here.

    http://www.kinetics.org.uk/html/mirrors.shtml

    Sam Salt

  4. JBB

    JBB Guest

    "Smithy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > For donkey's years I used a Mirrycle (one of the best bits of kit I have
    > ever had) but I've now upgraded to these new-fangled Shimano dual contol
    > lever thingys to which the Mirrycle cannot be fitted.
    >
    > I have tried the Blackburn Road Mirror but find the velcro attachment
    > insecure and uncomfortable on the hand. Does anyone know of a
    > straightforward "adjustable mirror on a stick" which can be clamped
    > directly to drop handlebars?
    >
    > TIA.

    Busch and Muller - mine replaces the bar end plug. If you're using panniers
    the one on a stalk may be better.

    HTH
    Julia

  5. Simon Brooke