Mirror for drop handlebars required

Smithy

Guest
For donkey's years I used a Mirrycle (one of the best bits of kit I have
ever had) but I've now upgraded to these new-fangled Shimano dual contol
lever thingys to which the Mirrycle cannot be fitted.

I have tried the Blackburn Road Mirror but find the velcro attachment
insecure and uncomfortable on the hand. Does anyone know of a
straightforward "adjustable mirror on a stick" which can be clamped directly
to drop handlebars?

TIA.

"Smithy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> For donkey's years I used a Mirrycle (one of the best bits of kit I have
> ever had) but I've now upgraded to these new-fangled Shimano dual contol
> lever thingys to which the Mirrycle cannot be fitted.
>
> I have tried the Blackburn Road Mirror but find the velcro attachment
> insecure and uncomfortable on the hand. Does anyone know of a
> straightforward "adjustable mirror on a stick" which can be clamped
> directly to drop handlebars?

I like the B&M Cyclestar mirror, though I'm not using drop handlebars, more
like a drop bike. ;)

LSMike wrote:
> "Smithy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> For donkey's years I used a Mirrycle (one of the best bits of kit I
>> have ever had) but I've now upgraded to these new-fangled Shimano
>> dual contol lever thingys to which the Mirrycle cannot be fitted.
>>
>> I have tried the Blackburn Road Mirror but find the velcro attachment
>> insecure and uncomfortable on the hand. Does anyone know of a
>> straightforward "adjustable mirror on a stick" which can be clamped
>> directly to drop handlebars?

> I like the B&M Cyclestar mirror, though I'm not using drop
> handlebars, more like a drop bike. ;)

Like the previous poster I also use a B & M Cyclestar on drop bars.Fits into
the end of the drops with a ball and socket joint.No problems at
all,wouldn't be without it.

Have a look here.

http://www.kinetics.org.uk/html/mirrors.shtml

Sam Salt

"Smithy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> For donkey's years I used a Mirrycle (one of the best bits of kit I have
> ever had) but I've now upgraded to these new-fangled Shimano dual contol
> lever thingys to which the Mirrycle cannot be fitted.
>
> I have tried the Blackburn Road Mirror but find the velcro attachment
> insecure and uncomfortable on the hand. Does anyone know of a
> straightforward "adjustable mirror on a stick" which can be clamped
> directly to drop handlebars?
>
> TIA.

Busch and Muller - mine replaces the bar end plug. If you're using panniers
the one on a stalk may be better.

HTH
Julia