Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Mirror for supervising tandem stoker...

Started by davedbk · · Last activity · 4 posts · 1,147 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
7 November 2013
Last activity
12 November 2013
Original author
davedbk
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,147
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Got a Burley MTB tandem so I can go riding with my non-verbal son.

    What's the best mirror set up to see so near field? Wide mirror(s) on the bar? Helmet mirror and a bit more turning of the head?

    What are your thoughts?

  2. Great sharing...!

  3. I'd suggest looking for a bar-end mirror.

  4. I went with a helmet mirror. In the shop I simulated where a mirror would be above the bar, and there'd be no way I could see around my shoulder. With the helmet mirror I can easily see the stoker's face. Not the pedals though, that's a look under the arm job. We've got power straps on the pedals so his feet are usually secure anyway.

    Bar end mirrors would have been looking under the arm, so may have worked fine. The elderly shop assistant (been riding for about 50 yrs) had no idea on mirrors though.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.