Mirror

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by John Clarke, Mar 10, 2003.

  1. John Clarke

    John Clarke Guest

    Any suggestions for a mirror for a Strada? How about placement location?

    Thanks

    John Clarke

    Tags:

  2. Tom Thompson

    Tom Thompson Guest

    "John Clarke" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Any suggestions for a mirror for a Strada? How about placement location?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > John Clarke

    John,

    I installed a full length mirror in my garage for my Tour Easy. Had to take it away though, 'cause
    she spent too much time preening. I was always late for group rides.

    Tom Thompson

  3. Tom Thompson

    Tom Thompson Guest

    "John Clarke" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Any suggestions for a mirror for a Strada? How about placement location?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > John Clarke

    John,

    The Mt. Mirrcycle mirror has served me well on 5 different bents. You can adapt a Minoura clamp,
    like used on their Space Bar, to hold the Mirrcycle unit anywhere on your bars you want it.
    Otherwise, it's a bar-end installation, and without seeing how your bars are set-up in the Strada, I
    cannot really tell you how it will work there for knee clearance, etc.

    Tom Thompson

    > Any suggestions for a mirror for a Strada? How about placement location?

    On a helmet has always worked for me. As for type, I prefer Bike Peddler 'Take A Look' or CycleAware

    - Bellaire, TX USA -

  5. I have been using Fahrrad-Spiegle USS Mirror (from Hostel Shoppe) on my Vision. The short extension
    arm ball joint got too loose pretty quickly, but it is possible to use only the remaining short arm.
    The tightness of the ball joint in the mirror can be adjusted, so it can last for years.

  6. Al Kubeluis

    Al Kubeluis Guest

    Good Day John, On my Corsa handlebar end, I use a Mirror Cycle mirror without the mirror
    extension/riser as riser makes grip somewhat uncomfortable. View, and grip, fine.
    --
    ~~~al.kubeluis..md.usa.earth.sun.milkyway.virgo.universe..corsa~~~

    "John Clarke" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Any suggestions for a mirror for a Strada? How about placement location?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > John Clarke

  7. Carl

    Carl Guest

    In article <[email protected]t>, Ken Kobayashi
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I use a 3rd Eye helmet mirror on my Bacchetta. I've been meaning to try the Evolution
    > mirror though:
    >
    > http://www.calhouncycle.com/mirrors.html
    >
    > They recommend the EvoLite mirror for the Bacchetta.

    I like the Evolution mirror (at the link Ken listed above) I've got on my Strada. The EvoLite is
    apparently new and looks like it would also be a good choice.

    -Carl

  8. R2D2

    R2D2 New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 8, 2003

    The Strada (you lucky dog) has the same bar arrangement as my Giro. This is the one I use (Quote from Hostel Shoppe's catalog):

    "B&M Cyclestar Mirror
    Made in Germany, this mirror is our new favorite. It's extremely durable design also includes multiple mounting devices, making it excellent for almost any OSS or USS application. High quality mirror does not distort images. Black.

    Manufacturer: B&M

    Product Notes:
    Long Stalk (6") - fits almost everything!
    Short Stalk (3") - great for Bacchetta bars and perfect for RANS tandem stoker: mount it to the captain's seat. $22"

    http://www.hostelshoppe.com/cgi-bin/readitem.pl?Accessory=987268561

    It's a bit on the smaller side, but works well enough.
    R2

  9. Shortboat

    Shortboat Guest

    The B&M mirror was suggested for my socked TE. Has anyone tried this. If so How was it mounted?

  10. Tbradster

    Tbradster Guest

    Chuck Harris helmet or eyeglass mirror. Chuck sez, "Objects in the mirror are exactly as
    they appear."

    Brad

  11. Brian Martin

    Brian Martin Guest

    I myself use a Zefal Dooback mirror, on both the right and left sides of
    my Rocket's handle bars. http://www.gearlink.com/en-us/dept_232.html

    Brian

    John Clarke wrote:
    > Any suggestions for a mirror for a Strada? How about placement location?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > John Clarke

  12. I use the same mirror but it is attached to a cut down bar end onto my USS vision. this is because
    if it was on the bar end it would be behind my hand.

    news:[email protected]...