Mirrors, are they pointless?

[COLOR= #0000ff]I totally agree, Gus![/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]I've had mine for a couple months now, and I'm really loving how easy it is to check what's behind me without so much as moving my head. It has saved my bacon a couple of times from inattentive drivers, and it didn't take long at all to learn to use just a split-second glance to check it out, which is handy on roads with little dogs running out in front of me, as happened twice this week. I can't imagine not having one at this point.[/COLOR]

[SIZE= 18px]Hindsight is 20/20[/SIZE]

Evan Solida, founder of Cerevellum, was a long-time road-bike rider and racer before an accident in 2007 prompted him to stop competing. Throughout several cosmetic surgeries to restructure his facialfeatures after being hit by the car, his focus instead turned to inventing devices to make road sharing safer.
The result is the Hindsight 30, a rear-view camera for cyclists with a handlebar-mounted 3.5-inch LCD screen to give more reliable and wider-angled views than traditional handlebar mirrors. Both the camera mounted on the seatpost and the screen on the handlebars will have LCD headlights and taillights to aid in visibility when riding at night.
http://www.mobilemag.com/2011/01/25/hindsight-is-2020-with-upcoming-rear-view-cycle-cams/

Pretty cool, but a bit of an overkill maybe?

Originally Posted by Daiho .

[SIZE= 18px]Hindsight is 20/20[/SIZE]

Evan Solida, founder of Cerevellum, was a long-time road-bike rider and racer before an accident in 2007 prompted him to stop competing. Throughout several cosmetic surgeries to restructure his facialfeatures after being hit by the car, his focus instead turned to inventing devices to make road sharing safer.
The result is the Hindsight 30, a rear-view camera for cyclists with a handlebar-mounted 3.5-inch LCD screen to give more reliable and wider-angled views than traditional handlebar mirrors. Both the camera mounted on the seatpost and the screen on the handlebars will have LCD headlights and taillights to aid in visibility when riding at night.
http://www.mobilemag.com/2011/01/25/hindsight-is-2020-with-upcoming-rear-view-cycle-cams/

Seems kind of silly. Maybe but I would think they are kind of a distraction. You need to look ahead and at some of the ground in front of you. I just kind of turn my head a little to look behind. I guess if you are on the road a lot, but I kind of depend upon my hearing for that. Size and sound. Trucks make certain noises and so do buses.