Misery Of Losing Hair

limerickman said:
I go with Eld on this - shave it all off.
If you're losing it - best to keep it very short or take the lot off.
Shaving is high maintenance. Use these steps:

1) Buzz it close to the wood every couple days, Easy. Takes little time.
2) This is super important for white dude: Get a decent tan. Don't get skin cancer or anything, but play golf, hike, or whatever it takes to get some color. It will make the stubble less visible and it just plain looks better.
3) Stay in shape. Lift some weights. Keep thin enough that its obvious by how lean your face is that you are in great condition. You are better off being a fit, bald guy than a soft, pudgy dude with rockstar hair.
4) Dress better. Whatever you usually wear, upgrade it a step.
5) (Optional) Trick out your Honda Civic and change your name to Vin. Chicks dig guys named Vin.

lyotard said:
last summer as well for me...not to be outdone when it comes to a head full of air, er, hair that is.
I take it you are the blonde? couldnt see anyone else in the pic ... :)

wishes said:
I take it you are the blonde? couldnt see anyone else in the pic ... :)
It's one of those "magic illusion" pics...if you stare at it without focusing eventually you can see a short-haired bloke with a squirrel on his shoulder.
Vicious looking thing...the squirrel that is. Looks like it's just about to sink its teeth into Lyotard's unprotected head.

Always wear a helmet.

I discovered it by accident...I was checking out the blonde when I raised my beer and the image of a squirrel appeared through the glass.
Made an interesting change from pink elephants.

I just get it cut shorter and shorter as I lose it...nothing is a sure sign of insecurity as wearing a wig. Not only that it just looks fake. It's a turn off too...I'd rather have a guy with no hair than fake hair. And hair loss treatments...they stuff around with your hormones and make you moody.
To put it simply, it's part of being male.

Nicely put. I've been loosing my hair since I was 18. Ten years later I sport
the buzz cut becuase there's not much left. It's getting really thin. We
bought a tanning bed. As soon as I get this winter weight off and my tan
back...I'm shaving it clean.

I was taking Propecia up till last year. My wife told me she'd love me just as
much if I was bald. She didn't like me taking drugs for vanity. So, I quit. I've
been watching my hair slow receed back into my skull. It's getting thinner and
thinner. It's not falling off from the front to the back or vice versa like most
men. I just look like I've been on kemo(sp?).

Oh yeah, Hey everyone... I'm new to the forum! :D

-J

Bro Deal said:
Shaving is high maintenance. Use these steps:

1) Buzz it close to the wood every couple days, Easy. Takes little time.
2) This is super important for white dude: Get a decent tan. Don't get skin cancer or anything, but play golf, hike, or whatever it takes to get some color. It will make the stubble less visible and it just plain looks better.
3) Stay in shape. Lift some weights. Keep thin enough that its obvious by how lean your face is that you are in great condition. You are better off being a fit, bald guy than a soft, pudgy dude with rockstar hair.
4) Dress better. Whatever you usually wear, upgrade it a step.
5) (Optional) Trick out your Honda Civic and change your name to Vin. Chicks dig guys named Vin.

fanaticbr said:
Nicely put. I've been loosing my hair since I was 18. Ten years later I sport
the buzz cut becuase there's not much left. It's getting really thin. We
bought a tanning bed. As soon as I get this winter weight off and my tan
back...I'm shaving it clean.

I was taking Propecia up till last year. My wife told me she'd love me just as
much if I was bald. She didn't like me taking drugs for vanity. So, I quit. I've
been watching my hair slow receed back into my skull. It's getting thinner and
thinner. It's not falling off from the front to the back or vice versa like most
men. I just look like I've been on kemo(sp?).

Oh yeah, Hey everyone... I'm new to the forum! :D

-J
Welcome....... You made a mistake though by making this your first post....... the guys on here are relentless...... from now on you will be known as the bald guy... But that's OK, the rest of us are known for worse things.........
Just to make things better.......... You have to tell a drug story so we can get a daily update from "Flyer."

Wait....... you did tell us about your use of Propecia. Is that a performance enhancing drug?

wolfix said:
Welcome....... You made a mistake though by making this your first post....... the guys on here are relentless...... from now on you will be known as the bald guy... But that's OK, the rest of us are known for worse things.........
Just to make things better.......... You have to tell a drug story so we can get a daily update from "Flyer."

Wait....... you did tell us about your use of Propecia. Is that a performance enhancing drug?
Doesn't Propecia enhance the performance of your hair?

what misery? just that much less to maintain. my hairline had receded about 1 1/2 inches by the time i was 26; now, over twenty years later, it's even further back toward the top of my head, which is also getting thinner. B-F-D! i've been tossing around the idea of buzzing/shaving my topknot for some time now. no biggie -- my "partner in crime" still rises to the occasion whenever the call goes out. so if your self-worth, sex appeal,or any part of your masculinity rests on top of your head, you have bigger issues than hair loss.

Eldron said:
Shave it all.

It's the only respectable thing to do.
Thread over! I had a fully respectable mohawk until I hit 38. The hair fell out so quickly after that I was bald on top over night. The bald head looks good and is low maintenence. :)