Missed day due to weather...

Discussion in 'Cycling Training' started by AdamSean, Jan 8, 2012.

1. AdamSean

AdamSean New Member

I have missed a couple days of riding this week due to the weather. And before someone says get on a trainer, I can't use one. It bothers my roommates. So if I miss a day or two to weather, when I get back on, should I sacrifice my long rides or short rides. My common sense tells me to keep my long rides no matter what. What do you do in this situation?

Tags:

2. rotorua

rotorua New Member

dont sweat it, a couple of days missed is not the end off the world, the pros do this all the time with travel. If you are worried then get to a gym and ride their bikes.

3. jhuskey

jhuskey Moderator

My new trainer is almost silent and I haven't missed any training this winter so far but unless you are willing to spend $1400 on a trainer, as stated, don't feel guilty.

4. Henrywrites

Henrywrites Member

A trainer is pretty expensive at the moment, so I am not against you missing any moment of your ride as long as it was because of bad weather. All you need to do is to remain focused as that is the only way to keep everything working well at the end.

5. Corzhens

Corzhens Well-Known Member

When you miss your riding for a couple of days, it is just fine to continue with your usual quota of distance. But when your absence on the pedal is 3 or more days then I think you should be on an adjustment period. That's how I understand the conditioning of the body regarding long rides. And if you feel something amiss when you ride after a vacation, you just listen to your body.

6. reighn

reighn Member

I think you should just wait till the bad weather gone. patience also part of training. Bad weather could cause an accident and not really good in our health.