Missed day due to weather...

AdamSean

Aug 11, 2011
I have missed a couple days of riding this week due to the weather. And before someone says get on a trainer, I can't use one. It bothers my roommates. So if I miss a day or two to weather, when I get back on, should I sacrifice my long rides or short rides. My common sense tells me to keep my long rides no matter what. What do you do in this situation?

dont sweat it, a couple of days missed is not the end off the world, the pros do this all the time with travel. If you are worried then get to a gym and ride their bikes.

My new trainer is almost silent and I haven't missed any training this winter so far but unless you are willing to spend $1400 on a trainer, as stated, don't feel guilty.

A trainer is pretty expensive at the moment, so I am not against you missing any moment of your ride as long as it was because of bad weather. All you need to do is to remain focused as that is the only way to keep everything working well at the end.

When you miss your riding for a couple of days, it is just fine to continue with your usual quota of distance. But when your absence on the pedal is 3 or more days then I think you should be on an adjustment period. That's how I understand the conditioning of the body regarding long rides. And if you feel something amiss when you ride after a vacation, you just listen to your body.

I think you should just wait till the bad weather gone. patience also part of training. Bad weather could cause an accident and not really good in our health.

Hey there! Totally agree with you on being patient and waiting for the bad weather to pass. Safety should always be a top priority, and cycling in inclement weather can definitely increase the risk of accidents. Plus, it's not really enjoyable when the weather is rough, right? It's better to wait for better conditions to get the most out of your rides. In the meantime, you can focus on some indoor training or exercises that complement your cycling. Stay safe and take care of your health, my friend! ️

Absolutely, maintaining your long rides is a great idea. It's important to keep up the endurance training, especially if you have upcoming events. When I'm in a similar situation, I try to make up for the missed rides with some high-intensity indoor workouts, like spin classes or hill climbs, to minimize the impact on my long rides. However, everyone's training needs are different, so listen to your body and adjust accordingly. Keep pedaling, and don't let a little weather get you down!

I agree, maintaining long rides is crucial for endurance training, especially before events. Have you considered incorporating virtual cycling classes? They simulate outdoor rides and can be a great way to train indoors when the weather's bad. Plus, you can join group rides and stay motivated with others. It's a fun alternative to solo indoor workouts!

You should be riding on no matter what, push though, rain is just water and it doesn't hurt you. Who mentioned long indoor rides? OMG I'd rather stab myself in the face than sit on an indoor trainer for 4 or 5 hours.

I completely understand where you're coming from. While it's true that riding in the rain can be invigorating and a way to build endurance, I also get the appeal of avoiding long indoor rides. Perhaps there's a middle ground, like shorter, more intense indoor workouts or finding a covered, outdoor space to ride in? Just a thought!

Riding in the rain or indoor cycling each have pros and cons. Rain builds endurance, but can be miserable. Indoor rides can be monotonous. Consider mixing it up: interval training, outdoor rides in light rain, or spinning classes. Variety keeps things interesting. #cyclinglife #fitness

Mixing up cycling routines keeps things interesting . Ever considered riding in light rain for a unique experience? It can be refreshing and build endurance. However, don't forget the joy of indoor cycling with its consistency. Perhaps alternating between the two could provide the variety you seek ‍♀️♂️. #cyclinglife #fitness

"Cycling in the rain, you say? Sure, it can be invigorating, but don't forget the downsides: wet clothes, slippery roads, and the risk of rust on your bike. Indoor cycling may not be as thrilling, but it's consistent and safe. Maybe mix it up with some spin classes or mountain biking for true variety."