"Missed" Heart Beats (PVC's / Ectopic) : Request for contact with others...

Phil Smith

Guest
Hi,

I started getting PVC's about this time last year. The experience was very scarey at first.

I've done some research since then, tried to keep a diary and identify a pattern or trigger for my
missed beats.

So far, I've found no definite trigger or cure.

I've also noticed a lot of other people out there who are worried, confused and unable to get any
really conclusive information about their condition. I think doctors on the whole have been very
helpful but often the end result of consultations is "Don't worry about it - learn to live with it"
or a course of drugs (with mixed results and/or unpleasant side effects).

I'd like to offer anyone with this condition browsing this group the chance to get in contact with
others in an area specifically set up for them.

Would you like to compare notes? Had any success with controlling the condition? Any ideas what
triggers your "missed" beats?

I've just set up http://groups.msn.com/TheMissedBeats.

I hope this will grow to become a useful meeting place/resource for you all...

Best regards, Phil

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 15:27:20 -0800, Phil Smith wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I started getting PVC's about this time last year. The experience was very scarey at first.
>
> I've done some research since then, tried to keep a diary and identify a pattern or trigger for my
> missed beats.
>
> So far, I've found no definite trigger or cure.

MSG and MSG like excitotoxins in food. Malt and **** like that. Food processors etc stick all kinds
of toxic **** into food. You be best making your own from raw produce.

roy

I went through a period when I had PACs (Premature Atrial Contractions). I had a missed/early beat
every 4th beat all day for many weeks. I started taking magnesium and my rhythm eventually became
normal. I can't say for sure that it was the magnesium, but the literature does identify magnesium
for heart rhythms.

--

Herb
Boulder, CO

news:[email protected]...

"Herb" <herbiem@ phony.com> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> I went through a period when I had PACs (Premature Atrial Contractions). I had a missed/early beat
> every 4th beat all day for many weeks. I started taking magnesium and my rhythm eventually became
> normal. I can't say for sure that it was the magnesium, but the literature does identify magnesium
> for heart rhythms.
>
> --
>
> Herb Boulder, CO

Hi Herb,

Thanks very much for your PVC (or PAC's in your case) post .

I'm planning to get a group of people who have had PVC's to more directly share some information
on their experiences.

Would you be willing to take part in an on-line chat sometime in the next few weeks? There's
about a half a dozen of us who would be involved, and the objective is to compare notes and see
if there's anything we can do to help eachother rather than just living with the condition or
relying on prescribed drugs.

I'd really appreciate your help. So let me know if you are interested and I'll keep you in the
loop with the rest of the group.

Cheers again Herb. Have a good weekend!

- Phil (Basingstoke, UK).

Magnesium does wonderful things for most people. I have not established for myself yet whether it is
magnesium or the body pH change that accomplishes such wonderful things.

"Herb" <herbiem@ phony.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I went through a period when I had PACs (Premature Atrial Contractions). I had a missed/early beat
> every 4th beat all day for many weeks. I started taking magnesium and my rhythm eventually became
> normal. I can't say for sure that it was the magnesium, but the literature does identify magnesium
> for heart rhythms.
>
> --
>
> Herb Boulder, CO
>

> "Phil Smith" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I started getting PVC's about this time last year. The experience was very scarey at first.
> >
> > I've done some research since then, tried to keep a diary and identify a pattern or trigger for
> > my missed beats.
> >
> > So far, I've found no definite trigger or cure.
> >
> > I've also noticed a lot of other people out there who are worried, confused and unable to get
> > any really conclusive information about their condition. I think doctors on the whole have been
> > very helpful but often the end result of consultations is "Don't worry about it - learn to live
> > with it" or a course of drugs (with mixed results and/or unpleasant side effects).
> >
> > I'd like to offer anyone with this condition browsing this group the chance to get in contact
> > with others in an area specifically set up for them.
> >
> > Would you like to compare notes? Had any success with controlling the condition? Any ideas what
> > triggers your "missed" beats?
> >
> > I've just set up http://groups.msn.com/TheMissedBeats.
> >
> > I hope this will grow to become a useful meeting place/resource for you all...
> >
> > Best regards, Phil

On 26 Jan 2004 15:27:20 -0800, [email protected] (Phil Smith)
wrote:

>I started getting PVC's about this time last year. The experience was very scarey at first.

hi, I'd be interested in knowing what is the typical symptom of a PVC, compared with that of a PAC,
can you help me? Thanks

--
uplbet
(in email reply delete 01234 from the address)

uplbet <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> On 26 Jan 2004 15:27:20 -0800, [email protected] (Phil Smith) wrote:
>
> >I started getting PVC's about this time last year. The experience was very scarey at first.
>
> hi, I'd be interested in knowing what is the typical symptom of a PVC, compared with that of a
> PAC, can you help me?

There is typically no difference.

> Thanks

You are welcome :)