Missed random test is negotiable

Bill C

Guest
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8227224/T.O.-not-worried-about-missing-random-drug-test

IRVING, Texas (AP) - Terrell Owens acknowledged Monday having missed a
random drug test several weeks ago, blaming it on a "communication
problem involving cell phone numbers."

He also said he was in New York last week talking about his absence
with league officials the day he agreed to a $34 million new contract
with the Dallas Cowboys.

Owens was not suspended or fined, although he could've been, according
to ESPN.com, which first reported the story, citing NFL, team and
player sources. The report also said Owens now could face up to 24
tests per year as part of the league's "reasonable cause" testing
program for performance-enhancing drugs.

More there.
Different strokes for different folks.
Bill C

"Bill C" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8227224/T.O.-not-worried-about-missing-random-drug-test
>
> IRVING, Texas (AP) - Terrell Owens acknowledged Monday having missed a
> random drug test several weeks ago, blaming it on a "communication
> problem involving cell phone numbers."
>
> He also said he was in New York last week talking about his absence
> with league officials the day he agreed to a $34 million new contract
> with the Dallas Cowboys.
>
> Owens was not suspended or fined, although he could've been, according
> to ESPN.com, which first reported the story, citing NFL, team and
> player sources. The report also said Owens now could face up to 24
> tests per year as part of the league's "reasonable cause" testing
> program for performance-enhancing drugs.
>
> More there.
> Different strokes for different folks.
> Bill C

Like I said, cycling is way ahead of everyone else. Right now, Football
(both types) is in the same era as 60s bike racing. You get caught? Big
deal. It's going to be a number of years before it's taken seriously.
Seriously, if we study the evolution of doping in cycling, both testing and
attitudes, I'll bet you'll find some interesting time-delayed parallels.

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

On Jun 10, 3:00 pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky" <[email protected]>
wrote:

> Like I said, cycling is way ahead of everyone else. Right now, Football
> (both types) is in the same era as 60s bike racing. You get caught? Big
> deal. It's going to be a number of years before it's taken seriously.
> Seriously, if we study the evolution of doping in cycling, both testing and
> attitudes, I'll bet you'll find some interesting time-delayed parallels.
>
> --Mike Jacoubowsky
> Chain Reaction Bicycleswww.ChainReaction.com
> Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA- Hide quoted text -

There is the question of course of which way we'd rather have it.
Maybe cycling is finally winning the doping fight, but I've lost a lot
of my interest in cycling due to all the riders I follow getting
kicked out. The teams were always changing and I just couldn't keep
track. Then baseball got draggred through a controversey and does it
make the sport any better?

I hate dallas and all, but I'm perfectly content as a fan to have
lackluster testing policies. Even if we think the NFLs policy is a
joke, its mostly a joke because the players negotiated a joke policy.
If the players don't want to protect their own saftey then I don't
have much desire to see the sport reformed.