Missed the Chicago ride...

Russ Price

Guest
Well, naturally, when the weather gets nice, family errands get in the way. I wasn't going to let
that keep me from getting a ride in this weekend, though. I figured out how to shoehorn my Rocket
into the back of my car, so I wouldn't have to use that @#$%! trunk rack, and took the bike with me
to Midland, MI to see my sister.

Fortunately, Midland's weather turned out to be spectacular today, nice and sunny, with the
temperature hitting a sizzling 60 F. I took off and decided to check out whether or not the Pere
Marquette rail-trail was passable. As it turned out, it was - Midland County plows the trail,
perhaps to keep the snowmobilers off. There were a few slushy patches in shaded spots, but it was
mostly smooth sailing.

The trail has an exceptionally well-cared-for surface, and I even saw two other 'benters out -
one on a Burley Limbo, and one on a faired V2. I stopped and chatted with the Limbo rider a bit,
but didn't get a chance with the guy on the V2, as I was chatting with someone on an MTB who was
going my away.

I got up to Coleman, had lunch, and then found that the plowing stopped at the Isabella County line,
so I turned around and headed back. Still, I managed to get 53 miles in for the day... nice ride!
--
Russ Price * [email protected] * kill the wabbit to email "...remember that
shrink-wrapping the average stick-built suburban bung- alow against anthrax, VX and radioactive

"Russ Price" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:8kSca.99945$3D1.3804@sccrnsc01...
> Well, naturally, when the weather gets nice, family errands get in the way. I wasn't going to let
> that keep me from getting a ride in this weekend, though. I figured out how to shoehorn my Rocket
> into the back of my car, so I wouldn't have to use that @#$%! trunk rack, and took the bike with
> me to Midland, MI to see my sister.
>
><snip>

Small world, Russ. I grew up in Midland. I think another poster here lives there now.

Tom Thompson MHS '74