Missing Parts on Mavic Cosmic Pro?

iRideFixed

Apr 5, 2010
hey, I'm looking to buy a mavic cosmic pro (aluminum) for my fixed gear. i found a place that has it and it is in great condition; no dents, dings and minor scratches, comes with tube and tire. however, as i look at the axle, it looks too long and would protrude from the fork ends about 4mm. also, the axle doesn't seem to have a locknut or something for a quick release to press the fork against, unless it's supposed to be that way? Your answers are appreciated.

iRideFixed said:
hey, I'm looking to buy a mavic cosmic pro (aluminum) for my fixed gear. i found a place that has it and it is in great condition; no dents, dings and minor scratches, comes with tube and tire. however, as i look at the axle, it looks too long and would protrude from the fork ends about 4mm. also, the axle doesn't seem to have a locknut or something for a quick release to press the fork against, unless it's supposed to be that way? Your answers are appreciated.
Have the seller mount the wheel in a frame ... then you can see if there are any anomalies in the axle/dishing/whatever ...
Using your frame for testing the fit would be the best, of course!
What is the rear spacing on your frame? Is it 120mm? 130mm? Something else?

alfeng said:
Have the seller mount the wheel in a frame ... then you can see if there are any anomalies in the axle/dishing/whatever ...
Using your frame for testing the fit would be the best, of course!
What is the rear spacing on your frame? Is it 120mm? 130mm? Something else?
the FRONT spacing is 110mm, i forgot to mention it is a front wheel.

iRideFixed said:
the FRONT spacing is 110mm, i forgot to mention it is a front wheel.
Well then, basically the same suggestion ...

Have the seller mount the wheel in a fork ...

Again, YOUR fork would be best since there can be a small variation in the dropouts.