Missing posts?

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by David E. Belche, Apr 29, 2003.

  1. Anyone else noticed a big "hole" in the NG? Certainly seems to have happened to me (I use Google
    Groups for such things, so could be a fault local to them), as the posts from the weekend have
    apparently gone, though I could certainly read them this time yesterday!

    David E. Belcher

    Dept. of Chemistry, University of York

    Tags:

  2. James Annan

    James Annan Guest

    David E. Belcher wrote:
    > Anyone else noticed a big "hole" in the NG? Certainly seems to have happened to me (I use Google
    > Groups for such things, so could be a fault local to them), as the posts from the weekend have
    > apparently gone, though I could certainly read them this time yesterday!

    Not specific to this NG, but google has just dropped a chunk of my postings over the past week (they
    were definitely in their archive until recently).

    James

  3. Dave Kahn

    Dave Kahn Guest

    [email protected] (David E. Belcher) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Anyone else noticed a big "hole" in the NG? Certainly seems to have happened to me (I use Google
    > Groups for such things, so could be a fault local to them), as the posts from the weekend have
    > apparently gone, though I could certainly read them this time yesterday!

    Yes, Google Groups seems to have mislaid a couple of days worth of posts both from this group
    and r.b.t. It's a fair bet they're aware of the problem and I imagine normal service will be
    resumed shortly.

    --
    Dave...

  4. James Hodson

    James Hodson Guest

    On 29 Apr 2003 05:29:14 -0700, [email protected] (Dave Kahn) wrote:

    >Yes, Google Groups seems to have mislaid a couple of days worth of posts both from this group
    >and r.b.t. It's a fair bet they're aware of the problem and I imagine normal service will be
    >resumed shortly.

    As I've said elsewhere, NTL managed to "lose" all of the comp.* and misc.* hierarchy - and possibly
    some others. URC, being a marvellous NG remained active. I'm not sure how NTL's error would have
    affected the "spread" of NGs over the world wide usenet. Perhaps it wasn't NTL's fault at all. Did I
    really just type that last sentence? ;-0

    James

    --
    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/c.butty/Larrau.jpg

  5. Dave Kahn

    Dave Kahn Guest

    [email protected] (Dave Kahn) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...

    > Yes, Google Groups seems to have mislaid a couple of days worth of posts both from this group and
    > r.b.t. It's a fair bet they're aware of the problem and I imagine normal service will be resumed
    > shortly.

    Maybe I was being optimistic. The 2 day hole - 26/27 April - is still there.

    --
    Dave...

  6. [email protected] (Dave Kahn) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...

    > Yes, Google Groups seems to have mislaid a couple of days worth of posts both from this group and
    > r.b.t. It's a fair bet they're aware of the problem and I imagine normal service will be resumed
    > shortly.

    All seems to be OK now, and the "lost" posts are there again!

    David E. Belcher

    Dept. of Chemistry, University of York

  7. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    On 29 Apr 2003 03:04:55 -0700, [email protected] (David E. Belcher) wrote:

    >Anyone else noticed a big "hole" in the NG?

    Maybe you've just kf'ed me and Smith - that would make it seem like there was no activity ;-)

    Guy
    ===
    dynamic DNS permitting)
    work. Apologies.