Missing posts?

David E. Belche

Guest
Anyone else noticed a big "hole" in the NG? Certainly seems to have happened to me (I use Google
Groups for such things, so could be a fault local to them), as the posts from the weekend have
apparently gone, though I could certainly read them this time yesterday!

David E. Belcher

Dept. of Chemistry, University of York

David E. Belcher wrote:
> Anyone else noticed a big "hole" in the NG? Certainly seems to have happened to me (I use Google
> Groups for such things, so could be a fault local to them), as the posts from the weekend have
> apparently gone, though I could certainly read them this time yesterday!

Not specific to this NG, but google has just dropped a chunk of my postings over the past week (they
were definitely in their archive until recently).

James

[email protected] (David E. Belcher) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Anyone else noticed a big "hole" in the NG? Certainly seems to have happened to me (I use Google
> Groups for such things, so could be a fault local to them), as the posts from the weekend have
> apparently gone, though I could certainly read them this time yesterday!

Yes, Google Groups seems to have mislaid a couple of days worth of posts both from this group
and r.b.t. It's a fair bet they're aware of the problem and I imagine normal service will be
resumed shortly.

--
Dave...

On 29 Apr 2003 05:29:14 -0700, [email protected] (Dave Kahn) wrote:

>Yes, Google Groups seems to have mislaid a couple of days worth of posts both from this group
>and r.b.t. It's a fair bet they're aware of the problem and I imagine normal service will be
>resumed shortly.

As I've said elsewhere, NTL managed to "lose" all of the comp.* and misc.* hierarchy - and possibly
some others. URC, being a marvellous NG remained active. I'm not sure how NTL's error would have
affected the "spread" of NGs over the world wide usenet. Perhaps it wasn't NTL's fault at all. Did I
really just type that last sentence? ;-0

James

--
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/c.butty/Larrau.jpg

[email protected] (Dave Kahn) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...

> Yes, Google Groups seems to have mislaid a couple of days worth of posts both from this group and
> r.b.t. It's a fair bet they're aware of the problem and I imagine normal service will be resumed
> shortly.

Maybe I was being optimistic. The 2 day hole - 26/27 April - is still there.

--
Dave...

[email protected] (Dave Kahn) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...

> Yes, Google Groups seems to have mislaid a couple of days worth of posts both from this group and
> r.b.t. It's a fair bet they're aware of the problem and I imagine normal service will be resumed
> shortly.

All seems to be OK now, and the "lost" posts are there again!

On 29 Apr 2003 03:04:55 -0700, [email protected] (David E. Belcher) wrote:

>Anyone else noticed a big "hole" in the NG?

Maybe you've just kf'ed me and Smith - that would make it seem like there was no activity ;-)

Guy
===
dynamic DNS permitting)
work. Apologies.