Mission Impossible-Finding a Good Doctor

SicknTired

Guest
NOTE: This message was sent thru a mail2news gateway. No effort was made to verify the identity of
the sender.

If anyone can give me some tips on finding a decent doctor, I'd really like to hear them. The
doctors I've seen the last couple of years seem more concerned about what is billable under
insurance than they are about finding out what's wrong with me. I've been sick for some time now and
have avoided seeing a doctor because these guys just don't DO anything unless the diagnosis is easy,
obvious, and billable. I've about given up on Western medicine and am about to start seeing the
quacks. I have an appointment with a doctor whose a graduate of DE LASALLE UNIVERSITY EMILIO
AGUINALDO COLLEGE OF MEDICINE who took his residency here in the states. Maybe a doc from another
country will do better, but then I wonder what kind of program they must have in the Philippines.
I'd really like to get better, but am very disillusioned at this point. Any help is welcome. I think
my relatively weak insurance is playing a part here and I'm willing to pay in cash, but not for some
quickie in and out the door, "your ok" result. I know I'm sick, but they just never find out what it
is. You can call this a troll if you like, but it's not. Are there any interview questions I should
ask a doctor to determine if he/she's really any good? Thanks for reading this.

Dear Anonymous,

The first step in finding a good doctor is to find out how much, he'd be willing to spend on you.
The second thing is that in an age of pharmeceuticals and technology, we have never had the
opportunities we did when we are children, therefore once you find a doctor, stick with him.
Third point, if you care enough about your body, you should as if they provide partial
innoculation to avoid the costly vaccines and strain resistant antibiotics. You should find out
more about this soon.

The question remains as to what type of plan you may have, but as I understand medicare in the
United States is an excellent means of balancing the budget, so you would be surprised as to the
selection of services available. Finally, if you care so much about your health, you should have
regular checkup, take advantage of the service, and it will suite you well.

Best Regards, Patrick Meuser

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> NOTE: This message was sent thru a mail2news gateway. No effort was made to verify the identity of
> the sender.
>
> If anyone can give me some tips on finding a decent doctor, I'd really
like
> to hear them. The doctors I've seen the last couple of years seem more
concerned
> about what is billable under insurance than they are about finding out
what's
> wrong with me. I've been sick for some time now and have avoided seeing a
doctor
> because these guys just don't DO anything unless the diagnosis is easy,
obvious,
> and billable. I've about given up on Western medicine and am about to
start
> seeing the quacks. I have an appointment with a doctor whose a graduate of DE LASALLE UNIVERSITY
> EMILIO AGUINALDO COLLEGE OF MEDICINE who took his
residency
> here in the states. Maybe a doc from another country will do better, but
then
> I wonder what kind of program they must have in the Philippines. I'd
really
> like to get better, but am very disillusioned at this point. Any help is
welcome.
> I think my relatively weak insurance is playing a part here and I'm
willing
> to pay in cash, but not for some quickie in and out the door, "your ok"
result.
> I know I'm sick, but they just never find out what it is. You can call
this
> a troll if you like, but it's not. Are there any interview questions I
should
> ask a doctor to determine if he/she's really any good? Thanks for reading this.

You might want to try getting a referral to a nearby academic medical center for a 2nd opinion...
sooner or later you will need to accept some sort of authoritative opinion on whether or not you
truly have a medical problem...

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> NOTE: This message was sent thru a mail2news gateway. No effort was made to verify the identity of
> the sender.
>
> If anyone can give me some tips on finding a decent doctor, I'd really
like
> to hear them. The doctors I've seen the last couple of years seem more
concerned
> about what is billable under insurance than they are about finding out
what's
> wrong with me. I've been sick for some time now and have avoided seeing a
doctor
> because these guys just don't DO anything unless the diagnosis is easy,
obvious,
> and billable. I've about given up on Western medicine and am about to
start
> seeing the quacks. I have an appointment with a doctor whose a graduate of DE LASALLE UNIVERSITY
> EMILIO AGUINALDO COLLEGE OF MEDICINE who took his
residency
> here in the states. Maybe a doc from another country will do better, but
then
> I wonder what kind of program they must have in the Philippines. I'd
really
> like to get better, but am very disillusioned at this point. Any help is
welcome.
> I think my relatively weak insurance is playing a part here and I'm
willing
> to pay in cash, but not for some quickie in and out the door, "your ok"
result.
> I know I'm sick, but they just never find out what it is. You can call
this
> a troll if you like, but it's not. Are there any interview questions I
should
> ask a doctor to determine if he/she's really any good? Thanks for reading this.

thanks for replying, but your second statement is typical of what's wrong with Western medical
doctors. They automatically assume because they haven't found anything wrong that the patient is
well and/or that it's psychogenic. The newspapers are filled with stories of people who spent YEARS
going from doctor to doctor being told there's nothing wrong until they found a doctor who took the
time and effort to find out AND who had a good diagnostic nose. To give you an example I had to TELL
my last doctor what my diagnosis was because he hadn't thought of it. And, I do not have, nor ever
had any hypochondriacal leanings. He then agreed that that was what was wrong after running a test.
However the blood test for this same ailment at another doctor came back negative. So I'm not really
certain that that is what I have. I really think that most US doctors today don't have time to do a
good job. They simply want to get you in and out the door and bill your insurer. Not only that, they
are now looking up your medical records and making a diagnosis before you even meet them. Doctors in
my town are asking for Social Security numbers prior to first appointment. The last doctor I got
already had a diagnosis for me before he even saw me for the first time. Doctors are becoming as bad
as lawyers in making false assumptions and in generally doing a poor job. I wish I was in Sweden,
France or any civilized N. European country as I am certain I would get better medical treatment
there. As for your suggestion about a medical center, I don't know how I'd get a referral to one as
they seem to be difficult to make appointments with. I once called Mayo and they wouldn't take my
insurance. In one way I think it's very good that doctors are getting sued for big sums alot. It
forces them to do better work or get out of the profession.

(any posts that go through the Frog remailer will have a tag line added by the remailer to which I
have no connection)

-------
"Beachhouse" <[email protected]> replied: >

>You might want to try getting a referral to a nearby academic medical >center
for a 2nd opinion... sooner or later you will need to accept some >sort of authoritative opinion on
whether or not you truly have a medical >problem...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you consider the content of this post to be particularly offensive, disgusting or plain illegal,
it is probably 'designer abuse', a message designed specifically to hurt the remailer's
reputation/existence. http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=6THHPRAL38002.4374074074%40anonymous&oe=UTF-
8&output=gplain Some people hate this remailer so badly that, for example, they did not hesitate to
celebrate the death of 148 French tourists in a plane crash. Those people seceded from the human
race, so don't hesitate to report them directly to the police. 2004/01/03 (contact
<[email protected]>) Blue.Jay celebratesgle.com/groups?selm=Ymx1ZWpheQ%3D%3D.19d787f018eb3019d6fd3faa2125547c%401073158846.cotse.net&oe=UTF-
8&output=gplain 2004/01/19 <[email protected]> Len Sassaman chooses that moment to bring his
support to Blue.Jay http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=Pine.LNX.4.58.0401181826110.31463%40thetis.deor.org&oe=UTF-
8&output=gplain

More about the subject will be available http://frogadmin.yi.org/HOS/

Patrick and Beachhouse are giving good advice. But that's not this guy's problem. Look at his email
address. He's just trying to get some attention.

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> NOTE: This message was sent thru a mail2news gateway. No effort was made to verify the identity of
> the sender.
>
> If anyone can give me some tips on finding a decent doctor, I'd really
like
> to hear them. The doctors I've seen the last couple of years seem more
concerned
> about what is billable under insurance than they are about finding out
what's
> wrong with me. I've been sick for some time now and have avoided seeing a
doctor
> because these guys just don't DO anything unless the diagnosis is easy,
obvious,
> and billable. I've about given up on Western medicine and am about to
start
> seeing the quacks. I have an appointment with a doctor whose a graduate of DE LASALLE UNIVERSITY
> EMILIO AGUINALDO COLLEGE OF MEDICINE who took his
residency
> here in the states. Maybe a doc from another country will do better, but
then
> I wonder what kind of program they must have in the Philippines. I'd
really
> like to get better, but am very disillusioned at this point. Any help is
welcome.
> I think my relatively weak insurance is playing a part here and I'm
willing
> to pay in cash, but not for some quickie in and out the door, "your ok"
result.
> I know I'm sick, but they just never find out what it is. You can call
this
> a troll if you like, but it's not. Are there any interview questions I
should
> ask a doctor to determine if he/she's really any good? Thanks for reading this.

x-approved: <[email protected]> <[email protected]>

What's his handle got to do with his message? From my experience there's some truth to what
he's saying.

on 29 Feb 2004, "Mike" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

> Patrick and Beachhouse are giving good advice. But that's not this guy's problem. Look at his
> email address. He's just trying to get some attention.
>
> <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> NOTE: This message was sent thru a mail2news gateway. No effort was made to verify the identity
>> of the sender.
>>
>> If anyone can give me some tips on finding a decent doctor, I'd really
> like
>> to hear them. The doctors I've seen the last couple of years seem more
> concerned
>> about what is billable under insurance than they are about finding out
> what's
>> wrong with me. I've been sick for some time now and have avoided seeing a
> doctor
>> because these guys just don't DO anything unless the diagnosis is easy,
> obvious,
>> and billable. I've about given up on Western medicine and am about to
> start
>> seeing the quacks. I have an appointment with a doctor whose a graduate of DE LASALLE UNIVERSITY
>> EMILIO AGUINALDO COLLEGE OF MEDICINE who took his
> residency
>> here in the states. Maybe a doc from another country will do better, but
> then
>> I wonder what kind of program they must have in the Philippines. I'd
> really
>> like to get better, but am very disillusioned at this point. Any help is
> welcome.
>> I think my relatively weak insurance is playing a part here and I'm
> willing
>> to pay in cash, but not for some quickie in and out the door, "your ok"
> result.
>> I know I'm sick, but they just never find out what it is. You can call
> this
>> a troll if you like, but it's not. Are there any interview questions I
> should
>> ask a doctor to determine if he/she's really any good? Thanks for reading this.

I agree with alot of what you've said. Another problem is that Western physicians practice "trial
and error" medicine, with YOU as the lab rat. They don't scientifically test to determine the
correct etiology of the disease but instead let their detail (pharm) reps. practice medicine by
proxy and hand you meds without even knowing what your real diagnosis is. This is a form of modern
quackery which they rationalize by telling people it is too costly to use a scientific method of
diagnosis, so instead you use guess and by golly methodology, on drugs that are often not properly
tested or marketed despite their deleterious side effects.