Mission Impossible-Finding a Good Doctor

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by SicknTired, Feb 27, 2004.

  1. SicknTired

    SicknTired Guest

    NOTE: This message was sent thru a mail2news gateway. No effort was made to verify the identity of
    the sender.

    If anyone can give me some tips on finding a decent doctor, I'd really like to hear them. The
    doctors I've seen the last couple of years seem more concerned about what is billable under
    insurance than they are about finding out what's wrong with me. I've been sick for some time now and
    have avoided seeing a doctor because these guys just don't DO anything unless the diagnosis is easy,
    obvious, and billable. I've about given up on Western medicine and am about to start seeing the
    quacks. I have an appointment with a doctor whose a graduate of DE LASALLE UNIVERSITY EMILIO
    AGUINALDO COLLEGE OF MEDICINE who took his residency here in the states. Maybe a doc from another
    country will do better, but then I wonder what kind of program they must have in the Philippines.
    I'd really like to get better, but am very disillusioned at this point. Any help is welcome. I think
    my relatively weak insurance is playing a part here and I'm willing to pay in cash, but not for some
    quickie in and out the door, "your ok" result. I know I'm sick, but they just never find out what it
    is. You can call this a troll if you like, but it's not. Are there any interview questions I should
    ask a doctor to determine if he/she's really any good? Thanks for reading this.

    Tags:

  2. Dear Anonymous,

    The first step in finding a good doctor is to find out how much, he'd be willing to spend on you.
    The second thing is that in an age of pharmeceuticals and technology, we have never had the
    opportunities we did when we are children, therefore once you find a doctor, stick with him.
    Third point, if you care enough about your body, you should as if they provide partial
    innoculation to avoid the costly vaccines and strain resistant antibiotics. You should find out
    more about this soon.

    The question remains as to what type of plan you may have, but as I understand medicare in the
    United States is an excellent means of balancing the budget, so you would be surprised as to the
    selection of services available. Finally, if you care so much about your health, you should have
    regular checkup, take advantage of the service, and it will suite you well.

    Best Regards, Patrick Meuser

    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > NOTE: This message was sent thru a mail2news gateway. No effort was made to verify the identity of
    > the sender.
    >
    > If anyone can give me some tips on finding a decent doctor, I'd really
    like
    > to hear them. The doctors I've seen the last couple of years seem more
    concerned
    > about what is billable under insurance than they are about finding out
    what's
    > wrong with me. I've been sick for some time now and have avoided seeing a
    doctor
    > because these guys just don't DO anything unless the diagnosis is easy,
    obvious,
    > and billable. I've about given up on Western medicine and am about to
    start
    > seeing the quacks. I have an appointment with a doctor whose a graduate of DE LASALLE UNIVERSITY
    > EMILIO AGUINALDO COLLEGE OF MEDICINE who took his
    residency
    > here in the states. Maybe a doc from another country will do better, but
    then
    > I wonder what kind of program they must have in the Philippines. I'd
    really
    > like to get better, but am very disillusioned at this point. Any help is
    welcome.
    > I think my relatively weak insurance is playing a part here and I'm
    willing
    > to pay in cash, but not for some quickie in and out the door, "your ok"
    result.
    > I know I'm sick, but they just never find out what it is. You can call
    this
    > a troll if you like, but it's not. Are there any interview questions I
    should
    > ask a doctor to determine if he/she's really any good? Thanks for reading this.

  3. Beachhouse

    Beachhouse Guest

    You might want to try getting a referral to a nearby academic medical center for a 2nd opinion...
    sooner or later you will need to accept some sort of authoritative opinion on whether or not you
    truly have a medical problem...

    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > NOTE: This message was sent thru a mail2news gateway. No effort was made to verify the identity of
    > the sender.
    >
    > If anyone can give me some tips on finding a decent doctor, I'd really
    like
    > to hear them. The doctors I've seen the last couple of years seem more
    concerned
    > about what is billable under insurance than they are about finding out
    what's
    > wrong with me. I've been sick for some time now and have avoided seeing a
    doctor
    > because these guys just don't DO anything unless the diagnosis is easy,
    obvious,
    > and billable. I've about given up on Western medicine and am about to
    start
    > seeing the quacks. I have an appointment with a doctor whose a graduate of DE LASALLE UNIVERSITY
    > EMILIO AGUINALDO COLLEGE OF MEDICINE who took his
    residency
    > here in the states. Maybe a doc from another country will do better, but
    then
    > I wonder what kind of program they must have in the Philippines. I'd
    really
    > like to get better, but am very disillusioned at this point. Any help is
    welcome.
    > I think my relatively weak insurance is playing a part here and I'm
    willing
    > to pay in cash, but not for some quickie in and out the door, "your ok"
    result.
    > I know I'm sick, but they just never find out what it is. You can call
    this
    > a troll if you like, but it's not. Are there any interview questions I
    should
    > ask a doctor to determine if he/she's really any good? Thanks for reading this.

  4. SicknTired

    SicknTired Guest

    thanks for replying, but your second statement is typical of what's wrong with Western medical
    doctors. They automatically assume because they haven't found anything wrong that the patient is
    well and/or that it's psychogenic. The newspapers are filled with stories of people who spent YEARS
    going from doctor to doctor being told there's nothing wrong until they found a doctor who took the
    time and effort to find out AND who had a good diagnostic nose. To give you an example I had to TELL
    my last doctor what my diagnosis was because he hadn't thought of it. And, I do not have, nor ever
    had any hypochondriacal leanings. He then agreed that that was what was wrong after running a test.
    However the blood test for this same ailment at another doctor came back negative. So I'm not really
    certain that that is what I have. I really think that most US doctors today don't have time to do a
    good job. They simply want to get you in and out the door and bill your insurer. Not only that, they
    are now looking up your medical records and making a diagnosis before you even meet them. Doctors in
    my town are asking for Social Security numbers prior to first appointment. The last doctor I got
    already had a diagnosis for me before he even saw me for the first time. Doctors are becoming as bad
    as lawyers in making false assumptions and in generally doing a poor job. I wish I was in Sweden,
    France or any civilized N. European country as I am certain I would get better medical treatment
    there. As for your suggestion about a medical center, I don't know how I'd get a referral to one as
    they seem to be difficult to make appointments with. I once called Mayo and they wouldn't take my
    insurance. In one way I think it's very good that doctors are getting sued for big sums alot. It
    forces them to do better work or get out of the profession.

    (any posts that go through the Frog remailer will have a tag line added by the remailer to which I
    have no connection)

    -------
    "Beachhouse" <[email protected]> replied: >

    >You might want to try getting a referral to a nearby academic medical >center
    for a 2nd opinion... sooner or later you will need to accept some >sort of authoritative opinion on
    whether or not you truly have a medical >problem...

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If you consider the content of this post to be particularly offensive, disgusting or plain illegal,
    it is probably 'designer abuse', a message designed specifically to hurt the remailer's
    reputation/existence. http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=6THHPRAL38002.4374074074%40anonymous&oe=UTF-
    8&output=gplain Some people hate this remailer so badly that, for example, they did not hesitate to
    celebrate the death of 148 French tourists in a plane crash. Those people seceded from the human
    race, so don't hesitate to report them directly to the police. 2004/01/03 (contact
    <[email protected]>) Blue.Jay celebratesgle.com/groups?selm=Ymx1ZWpheQ%3D%3D.19d787f018eb3019d6fd3faa2125547c%401073158846.cotse.net&oe=UTF-
    8&output=gplain 2004/01/19 <[email protected]> Len Sassaman chooses that moment to bring his
    support to Blue.Jay http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=Pine.LNX.4.58.0401181826110.31463%40thetis.deor.org&oe=UTF-
    8&output=gplain

    More about the subject will be available http://frogadmin.yi.org/HOS/

  5. Mike

    Mike Guest

    Patrick and Beachhouse are giving good advice. But that's not this guy's problem. Look at his email
    address. He's just trying to get some attention.

    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > NOTE: This message was sent thru a mail2news gateway. No effort was made to verify the identity of
    > the sender.
    >
    > If anyone can give me some tips on finding a decent doctor, I'd really
    like
    > to hear them. The doctors I've seen the last couple of years seem more
    concerned
    > about what is billable under insurance than they are about finding out
    what's
    > wrong with me. I've been sick for some time now and have avoided seeing a
    doctor
    > because these guys just don't DO anything unless the diagnosis is easy,
    obvious,
    > and billable. I've about given up on Western medicine and am about to
    start
    > seeing the quacks. I have an appointment with a doctor whose a graduate of DE LASALLE UNIVERSITY
    > EMILIO AGUINALDO COLLEGE OF MEDICINE who took his
    residency
    > here in the states. Maybe a doc from another country will do better, but
    then
    > I wonder what kind of program they must have in the Philippines. I'd
    really
    > like to get better, but am very disillusioned at this point. Any help is
    welcome.
    > I think my relatively weak insurance is playing a part here and I'm
    willing
    > to pay in cash, but not for some quickie in and out the door, "your ok"
    result.
    > I know I'm sick, but they just never find out what it is. You can call
    this
    > a troll if you like, but it's not. Are there any interview questions I
    should
    > ask a doctor to determine if he/she's really any good? Thanks for reading this.

  6. X-No-Archive: yes
    x-approved: <[email protected]> <[email protected]>

    What's his handle got to do with his message? From my experience there's some truth to what
    he's saying.

    on 29 Feb 2004, "Mike" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

    > Patrick and Beachhouse are giving good advice. But that's not this guy's problem. Look at his
    > email address. He's just trying to get some attention.
    >
    > <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >> NOTE: This message was sent thru a mail2news gateway. No effort was made to verify the identity
    >> of the sender.
    >>
    >> If anyone can give me some tips on finding a decent doctor, I'd really
    > like
    >> to hear them. The doctors I've seen the last couple of years seem more
    > concerned
    >> about what is billable under insurance than they are about finding out
    > what's
    >> wrong with me. I've been sick for some time now and have avoided seeing a
    > doctor
    >> because these guys just don't DO anything unless the diagnosis is easy,
    > obvious,
    >> and billable. I've about given up on Western medicine and am about to
    > start
    >> seeing the quacks. I have an appointment with a doctor whose a graduate of DE LASALLE UNIVERSITY
    >> EMILIO AGUINALDO COLLEGE OF MEDICINE who took his
    > residency
    >> here in the states. Maybe a doc from another country will do better, but
    > then
    >> I wonder what kind of program they must have in the Philippines. I'd
    > really
    >> like to get better, but am very disillusioned at this point. Any help is
    > welcome.
    >> I think my relatively weak insurance is playing a part here and I'm
    > willing
    >> to pay in cash, but not for some quickie in and out the door, "your ok"
    > result.
    >> I know I'm sick, but they just never find out what it is. You can call
    > this
    >> a troll if you like, but it's not. Are there any interview questions I
    > should
    >> ask a doctor to determine if he/she's really any good? Thanks for reading this.

  7. Freddie

    Freddie Guest

    I agree with alot of what you've said. Another problem is that Western physicians practice "trial
    and error" medicine, with YOU as the lab rat. They don't scientifically test to determine the
    correct etiology of the disease but instead let their detail (pharm) reps. practice medicine by
    proxy and hand you meds without even knowing what your real diagnosis is. This is a form of modern
    quackery which they rationalize by telling people it is too costly to use a scientific method of
    diagnosis, so instead you use guess and by golly methodology, on drugs that are often not properly
    tested or marketed despite their deleterious side effects.