Missouri show-me games race

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Alan McClure, Jul 15, 2003.

  1. Alan McClure

    Alan McClure Guest

    Anyone competing in this race? If so, which area, beginner, sport, expert? Lastly, do you know what
    this translates as: "This will be a multi-lap circuit race. "

    How many laps is "multi-lap" and what does "circuit" mean?

    Thanks, Alan McClure

    Tags:

  2. Alan asks:

    >How many laps is "multi-lap" and what does "circuit" mean?

    Multi-lap = more than one........

    "Circuit" = Left turns only. At least, that's what the car guys do.

    Steve

  3. Alan McClure

    Alan McClure Guest

    > Alan asks:
    >
    > >How many laps is "multi-lap" and what does "circuit" mean?
    >
    > Multi-lap = more than one........
    >
    > "Circuit" = Left turns only. At least, that's what the car guys do.
    >
    > Steve

    I kinda figured the more than one part of multi.... I was kinda hopin someone might be able to tell
    me how many more than one--like maybe there is a standard or something. Anyway, I'm good at turning
    left, so this should be just the race for me.

    Alan "Which way do we go? Left!" McClure

  4. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    "Alan McClure" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > "Stephen Baker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Alan asks:
    > >
    > > >How many laps is "multi-lap" and what does "circuit" mean?
    > >
    > > Multi-lap = more than one........
    > >
    > > "Circuit" = Left turns only. At least, that's what the car guys do.
    > >
    > > Steve
    >
    > I kinda figured the more than one part of multi.... I was kinda hopin someone might be able to
    > tell me how many more than one--like maybe there is a standard or something. Anyway, I'm good at
    > turning left, so this should be just the race for me.
    >
    > Alan "Which way do we go? Left!" McClure

    It also says it's a 7.5mile lap so I'm guessing (based on my race experience here in VA) beginners
    will do 1 lap, sport 2 laps and experts 3 laps. I also think there's going to be a bit more to it
    than just turning left. But it sounds like fun! Good luck!

    Mike

  5. Alan McClure

    Alan McClure Guest

    > "Alan McClure" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > "Stephen Baker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > Alan asks:

    > > > Multi-lap = more than one........
    > > >
    > > > "Circuit" = Left turns only. At least, that's what the car guys do.
    > > >
    > > > Steve
    > >
    > > I kinda figured the more than one part of multi.... I was kinda hopin someone might be able to
    > > tell me how many more than one--like maybe there is a standard or something. Anyway, I'm good at
    > > turning left, so this should be just the race for
    me.

    > > Alan "Which way do we go? Left!" McClure
    > >

    > It also says it's a 7.5mile lap so I'm guessing (based on my race
    experience
    > here in VA) beginners will do 1 lap, sport 2 laps and experts 3 laps. I also think there's going
    > to be a bit more to it than just turning left.
    But
    > it sounds like fun! Good luck!
    >
    > Mike

    Wow, if I could get away with one or two laps that would be nice. I actually spend most of my
    regular riding hours on that particular trail, so I know it like the back of my hand, and have
    really been pushing to get my time under 30 minutes for the first lap. Yesterday I almost did it,
    ending up with a 31 minute lap. Of course I don't really know if this is good or bad compared to
    others, but I sure feel good about it. Well, I e-mailed the coordinator, so hopefully she can clear
    things up for me. Well whether there are mostly rights or lefts, like you said, it should be fun.

    n.

  6. Alan McClure

    Alan McClure Guest

    > "Alan McClure" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > "Stephen Baker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > Alan asks:

    > > > Multi-lap = more than one........
    > > >
    > > > "Circuit" = Left turns only. At least, that's what the car guys do.
    > > >
    > > > Steve
    > >
    > > I kinda figured the more than one part of multi.... I was kinda hopin someone might be able to
    > > tell me how many more than one--like maybe there is a standard or something. Anyway, I'm good at
    > > turning left, so this should be just the race for
    me.

    > > Alan "Which way do we go? Left!" McClure
    > >

    > It also says it's a 7.5mile lap so I'm guessing (based on my race
    experience
    > here in VA) beginners will do 1 lap, sport 2 laps and experts 3 laps. I also think there's going
    > to be a bit more to it than just turning left.
    But
    > it sounds like fun! Good luck!
    >
    > Mike

    As I looked over the map I think I found out that the loop I usually ride is about 5 miles long
    instead of 7.5. Once I realized that I would have to be doing a consistent 15 mph to finish a 7.5
    mile loop in 30 minutes, I decided that it sounded pretty tough, so then I found my error after
    looking at the map. It's too bad that almost every map I see of trails is horrible, and hard to
    understand. You almost have to ride the trail many times before the map even makes sense. Alan

  7. Alan McClure

    Alan McClure Guest

    > "Alan McClure" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > "Stephen Baker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > Alan asks:

    > > > Multi-lap = more than one........
    > > >
    > > > "Circuit" = Left turns only. At least, that's what the car guys do.
    > > >
    > > > Steve
    > >
    > > I kinda figured the more than one part of multi.... I was kinda hopin someone might be able to
    > > tell me how many more than one--like maybe there is a standard or something. Anyway, I'm good at
    > > turning left, so this should be just the race for
    me.

    > > Alan "Which way do we go? Left!" McClure
    > >

    > It also says it's a 7.5mile lap so I'm guessing (based on my race
    experience
    > here in VA) beginners will do 1 lap, sport 2 laps and experts 3 laps. I also think there's going
    > to be a bit more to it than just turning left.
    But
    > it sounds like fun! Good luck!
    >
    > Mike

    As I looked over the map I think I found out that the loop I usually ride is about 5 miles long
    instead of 7.5. Once I realized that I would have to be doing a consistent 15 mph to finish a 7.5
    mile loop in 30 minutes, I decided that it sounded pretty tough, so then I found my error after
    looking at the map. It's too bad that almost every map I see of trails is horrible, and hard to
    understand. You almost have to ride the trail many times before the map even makes sense. Alan

  8. Alan McClure

    Alan McClure Guest

    > "Alan McClure" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > "Stephen Baker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > Alan asks:

    > > > Multi-lap = more than one........
    > > >
    > > > "Circuit" = Left turns only. At least, that's what the car guys do.
    > > >
    > > > Steve
    > >
    > > I kinda figured the more than one part of multi.... I was kinda hopin someone might be able to
    > > tell me how many more than one--like maybe there is a standard or something. Anyway, I'm good at
    > > turning left, so this should be just the race for
    me.

    > > Alan "Which way do we go? Left!" McClure
    > >

    > It also says it's a 7.5mile lap so I'm guessing (based on my race
    experience
    > here in VA) beginners will do 1 lap, sport 2 laps and experts 3 laps. I also think there's going
    > to be a bit more to it than just turning left.
    But
    > it sounds like fun! Good luck!
    >
    > Mike

    As I looked over the map I think I found out that the loop I usually ride is about 5 miles long
    instead of 7.5. Once I realized that I would have to be doing a consistent 15 mph to finish a 7.5
    mile loop in 30 minutes, I decided that it sounded pretty tough, so then I found my error after
    looking at the map. It's too bad that almost every map I see of trails is horrible, and hard to
    understand. You almost have to ride the trail many times before the map even makes sense. Alan

  9. Alan McClure

    Alan McClure Guest

    > "Alan McClure" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > "Stephen Baker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > Alan asks:

    > > > Multi-lap = more than one........
    > > >
    > > > "Circuit" = Left turns only. At least, that's what the car guys do.
    > > >
    > > > Steve
    > >
    > > I kinda figured the more than one part of multi.... I was kinda hopin someone might be able to
    > > tell me how many more than one--like maybe there is a standard or something. Anyway, I'm good at
    > > turning left, so this should be just the race for
    me.

    > > Alan "Which way do we go? Left!" McClure
    > >

    > It also says it's a 7.5mile lap so I'm guessing (based on my race
    experience
    > here in VA) beginners will do 1 lap, sport 2 laps and experts 3 laps. I also think there's going
    > to be a bit more to it than just turning left.
    But
    > it sounds like fun! Good luck!
    >
    > Mike

    As I looked over the map I think I found out that the loop I usually ride is about 5 miles long
    instead of 7.5. Once I realized that I would have to be doing a consistent 15 mph to finish a 7.5
    mile loop in 30 minutes, I decided that it sounded pretty tough, so then I found my error after
    looking at the map. It's too bad that almost every map I see of trails is horrible, and hard to
    understand. You almost have to ride the trail many times before the map even makes sense. Alan

  10. Alan McClure

    Alan McClure Guest

    sorry bout that--don't know what happened

    Alan

  11. Alan McClure

    Alan McClure Guest