Mister and Hymie

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by David, Jan 4, 2006.

  1. David

    David Guest

    So, I have a little problem with my neighbours to the left. They have a
    dog - a spaniel named Hymie. (they are of the Hebrew faith, Shelly is a
    bookkeeper at the museum and Herbie is a cantor at the local synogogue.)
    Now our dog 'Mister' (a terrier) is particularly well behaved and we keep
    him in an enclosed fenced in area where he has plenty of room to romp, chase
    birds etc. My neighbours also keep their dog mostly leashed in their lawn.
    (I forgot to say that Mister is a lovely dog and from an excellent family,
    In fact his first cousin is an elite drug sniffer dog who is employed by the
    customs at the airport.) Anyway, getting back to the problem . . .
    occasionally Hymie gets away from his enclosed space and digs his way into
    the yard where we keep Mister. Then they play a little until Hymie is ready
    to go home and more often than not he leads our dog away with him and they
    both go back to his home. Now even though we expressly told Shelley that we
    don't like her to feed our dog, she always secretly does so and when Mister
    comes home he invariably gets sick (vomits) and has no appetite for at
    least a day. So when we confront our neighbour she admitted that she does
    feed Mister and in fact she feeds him with kosher food which is what Hymie
    eats. She says that they have certain customs in their religion and one of
    them is that their dog and his friends all get to share the same meal. I
    forgot to mention that this family does absolutely zero exercise which
    really annoys me (as I love to work out and of course that is my life style.
    I run with Mister tagging along and do free weights as of course that is by
    far the best way to exercise!) - however their children all play musical
    instruments (badly I might add) and Herbie practices his singing really loud
    which rattles our windows and is very annoying. I tell Shelley and Herbie
    that they should get into free weights and offered to help them with a
    program and they just look at me blankly and say 'why'? So, if any of you
    have any experience with neighbours like this and can help me with some
    advice as to how to handle this problem, I would really appreciate it. I
    fear our Mister is turning somewhat racist and that is concerning me as we
    were brought up to believe that most people are equal.

    Tags:

  2. spodosaurus

    spodosaurus Guest

    David wrote:
    > So, I have a little problem with my neighbours to the left. They have a
    > dog - a spaniel named Hymie. (they are of the Hebrew faith, Shelly is a
    > bookkeeper at the museum and Herbie is a cantor at the local synogogue.)
    > Now our dog 'Mister' (a terrier) is particularly well behaved and we keep
    > him in an enclosed fenced in area where he has plenty of room to romp, chase
    > birds etc. My neighbours also keep their dog mostly leashed in their lawn.
    > (I forgot to say that Mister is a lovely dog and from an excellent family,
    > In fact his first cousin is an elite drug sniffer dog who is employed by the
    > customs at the airport.) Anyway, getting back to the problem . . .
    > occasionally Hymie gets away from his enclosed space and digs his way into
    > the yard where we keep Mister. Then they play a little until Hymie is ready
    > to go home and more often than not he leads our dog away with him and they
    > both go back to his home. Now even though we expressly told Shelley that we
    > don't like her to feed our dog, she always secretly does so and when Mister
    > comes home he invariably gets sick (vomits) and has no appetite for at
    > least a day. So when we confront our neighbour she admitted that she does
    > feed Mister and in fact she feeds him with kosher food which is what Hymie
    > eats. She says that they have certain customs in their religion and one of
    > them is that their dog and his friends all get to share the same meal. I
    > forgot to mention that this family does absolutely zero exercise which
    > really annoys me (as I love to work out and of course that is my life style.
    > I run with Mister tagging along and do free weights as of course that is by
    > far the best way to exercise!) - however their children all play musical
    > instruments (badly I might add) and Herbie practices his singing really loud
    > which rattles our windows and is very annoying. I tell Shelley and Herbie
    > that they should get into free weights and offered to help them with a
    > program and they just look at me blankly and say 'why'? So, if any of you
    > have any experience with neighbours like this and can help me with some
    > advice as to how to handle this problem, I would really appreciate it. I
    > fear our Mister is turning somewhat racist and that is concerning me as we
    > were brought up to believe that most people are equal.

    Extend the fence underground about 15 inches on thte border with your
    neighbours. indeed, just use a sledge hammer to put some long spikes
    (point down, please) into the ground where the dog is repeatedly digging
    through. If it chews through those, consider land mines.

    http://www.abmdr.org.au/
    http://www.marrow.org/

  3. JRH

    JRH Guest

    On Wed, 4 Jan 2006 21:14:52 +1000, "David" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >So, I have a little problem with my neighbours to the left. They have a
    >dog - a spaniel named Hymie. (they are of the Hebrew faith, Shelly is a
    >bookkeeper at the museum and Herbie is a cantor at the local synogogue.)
    >Now our dog 'Mister' (a terrier) is particularly well behaved and we keep
    >him in an enclosed fenced in area where he has plenty of room to romp, chase
    >birds etc. My neighbours also keep their dog mostly leashed in their lawn.
    >(I forgot to say that Mister is a lovely dog and from an excellent family,
    >In fact his first cousin is an elite drug sniffer dog who is employed by the
    >customs at the airport.) Anyway, getting back to the problem . . .
    >occasionally Hymie gets away from his enclosed space and digs his way into
    >the yard where we keep Mister. Then they play a little until Hymie is ready
    >to go home and more often than not he leads our dog away with him and they
    >both go back to his home. Now even though we expressly told Shelley that we
    >don't like her to feed our dog, she always secretly does so and when Mister
    >comes home he invariably gets sick (vomits) and has no appetite for at
    >least a day. So when we confront our neighbour she admitted that she does
    >feed Mister and in fact she feeds him with kosher food which is what Hymie
    >eats. She says that they have certain customs in their religion and one of
    >them is that their dog and his friends all get to share the same meal. I
    >forgot to mention that this family does absolutely zero exercise which
    >really annoys me (as I love to work out and of course that is my life style.
    >I run with Mister tagging along and do free weights as of course that is by
    >far the best way to exercise!) - however their children all play musical
    >instruments (badly I might add) and Herbie practices his singing really loud
    >which rattles our windows and is very annoying. I tell Shelley and Herbie
    >that they should get into free weights and offered to help them with a
    >program and they just look at me blankly and say 'why'? So, if any of you
    >have any experience with neighbours like this and can help me with some
    >advice as to how to handle this problem, I would really appreciate it. I
    >fear our Mister is turning somewhat racist and that is concerning me as we
    >were brought up to believe that most people are equal.

    Arrange a Bar Mitzvah for Mister as soon as possible and consider
    having your own appendage re-modelled. If you can't beat them - join
    them! ;o)

  4. David

    David Guest

    "spodosaurus" <[email protected]_yahoo_.com> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > David wrote:
    >> So, I have a little problem with my neighbours to the left. They have a
    >> dog - a spaniel named Hymie. (they are of the Hebrew faith, Shelly is a
    >> bookkeeper at the museum and Herbie is a cantor at the local synogogue.)
    >> Now our dog 'Mister' (a terrier) is particularly well behaved and we
    >> keep him in an enclosed fenced in area where he has plenty of room to
    >> romp, chase birds etc. My neighbours also keep their dog mostly leashed
    >> in their lawn. (I forgot to say that Mister is a lovely dog and from an
    >> excellent family, In fact his first cousin is an elite drug sniffer dog
    >> who is employed by the customs at the airport.) Anyway, getting back to
    >> the problem . . . occasionally Hymie gets away from his enclosed space
    >> and digs his way into the yard where we keep Mister. Then they play a
    >> little until Hymie is ready to go home and more often than not he leads
    >> our dog away with him and they both go back to his home. Now even though
    >> we expressly told Shelley that we don't like her to feed our dog, she
    >> always secretly does so and when Mister comes home he invariably gets
    >> sick (vomits) and has no appetite for at least a day. So when we
    >> confront our neighbour she admitted that she does feed Mister and in fact
    >> she feeds him with kosher food which is what Hymie eats. She says that
    >> they have certain customs in their religion and one of them is that their
    >> dog and his friends all get to share the same meal. I forgot to mention
    >> that this family does absolutely zero exercise which really annoys me (as
    >> I love to work out and of course that is my life style. I run with
    >> Mister tagging along and do free weights as of course that is by far the
    >> best way to exercise!) - however their children all play musical
    >> instruments (badly I might add) and Herbie practices his singing really
    >> loud which rattles our windows and is very annoying. I tell Shelley and
    >> Herbie that they should get into free weights and offered to help them
    >> with a program and they just look at me blankly and say 'why'? So, if
    >> any of you have any experience with neighbours like this and can help me
    >> with some advice as to how to handle this problem, I would really
    >> appreciate it. I fear our Mister is turning somewhat racist and that is
    >> concerning me as we were brought up to believe that most people are
    >> equal.
    >>

    > Extend the fence underground about 15 inches on thte border with your
    > neighbours. indeed, just use a sledge hammer to put some long spikes
    > (point down, please) into the ground where the dog is repeatedly digging
    > through. If it chews through those, consider land mines.

    Actually there is also an odd odour emanating from their place and drives me
    nuts - always around midnight. I think it has to do with some religious
    ritual. Might have to seriously consider the land mine idea. Thanks for
    your input

  5. David

    David Guest

    "JRH" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On Wed, 4 Jan 2006 21:14:52 +1000, "David" <[email protected]>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>So, I have a little problem with my neighbours to the left. They have a
    >>dog - a spaniel named Hymie. (they are of the Hebrew faith, Shelly is a
    >>bookkeeper at the museum and Herbie is a cantor at the local synogogue.)
    >>Now our dog 'Mister' (a terrier) is particularly well behaved and we keep
    >>him in an enclosed fenced in area where he has plenty of room to romp,
    >>chase
    >>birds etc. My neighbours also keep their dog mostly leashed in their
    >>lawn.
    >>(I forgot to say that Mister is a lovely dog and from an excellent family,
    >>In fact his first cousin is an elite drug sniffer dog who is employed by
    >>the
    >>customs at the airport.) Anyway, getting back to the problem . . .
    >>occasionally Hymie gets away from his enclosed space and digs his way into
    >>the yard where we keep Mister. Then they play a little until Hymie is
    >>ready
    >>to go home and more often than not he leads our dog away with him and they
    >>both go back to his home. Now even though we expressly told Shelley that
    >>we
    >>don't like her to feed our dog, she always secretly does so and when
    >>Mister
    >>comes home he invariably gets sick (vomits) and has no appetite for at
    >>least a day. So when we confront our neighbour she admitted that she does
    >>feed Mister and in fact she feeds him with kosher food which is what Hymie
    >>eats. She says that they have certain customs in their religion and one
    >>of
    >>them is that their dog and his friends all get to share the same meal. I
    >>forgot to mention that this family does absolutely zero exercise which
    >>really annoys me (as I love to work out and of course that is my life
    >>style.
    >>I run with Mister tagging along and do free weights as of course that is
    >>by
    >>far the best way to exercise!) - however their children all play musical
    >>instruments (badly I might add) and Herbie practices his singing really
    >>loud
    >>which rattles our windows and is very annoying. I tell Shelley and Herbie
    >>that they should get into free weights and offered to help them with a
    >>program and they just look at me blankly and say 'why'? So, if any of you
    >>have any experience with neighbours like this and can help me with some
    >>advice as to how to handle this problem, I would really appreciate it. I
    >>fear our Mister is turning somewhat racist and that is concerning me as we
    >>were brought up to believe that most people are equal.
    >>

    > Arrange a Bar Mitzvah for Mister as soon as possible and consider
    > having your own appendage re-modelled. If you can't beat them - join
    > them! ;o)

    Now that's funny!

  6. Russ

    Russ Guest

    On Wed, 04 Jan 2006 19:21:33 +0800, spodosaurus
    <[email protected]_yahoo_.com> wrote:

    >David wrote:
    >> So, I have a little problem with my neighbours to the left. They have a
    >> dog - a spaniel named Hymie. (they are of the Hebrew faith, Shelly is a
    >> bookkeeper at the museum and Herbie is a cantor at the local synogogue.)
    >> Now our dog 'Mister' (a terrier) is particularly well behaved and we keep
    >> him in an enclosed fenced in area where he has plenty of room to romp, chase
    >> birds etc. My neighbours also keep their dog mostly leashed in their lawn.
    >> (I forgot to say that Mister is a lovely dog and from an excellent family,
    >> In fact his first cousin is an elite drug sniffer dog who is employed by the
    >> customs at the airport.) Anyway, getting back to the problem . . .
    >> occasionally Hymie gets away from his enclosed space and digs his way into
    >> the yard where we keep Mister. Then they play a little until Hymie is ready
    >> to go home and more often than not he leads our dog away with him and they
    >> both go back to his home. Now even though we expressly told Shelley that we
    >> don't like her to feed our dog, she always secretly does so and when Mister
    >> comes home he invariably gets sick (vomits) and has no appetite for at
    >> least a day. So when we confront our neighbour she admitted that she does
    >> feed Mister and in fact she feeds him with kosher food which is what Hymie
    >> eats. She says that they have certain customs in their religion and one of
    >> them is that their dog and his friends all get to share the same meal. I
    >> forgot to mention that this family does absolutely zero exercise which
    >> really annoys me (as I love to work out and of course that is my life style.
    >> I run with Mister tagging along and do free weights as of course that is by
    >> far the best way to exercise!) - however their children all play musical
    >> instruments (badly I might add) and Herbie practices his singing really loud
    >> which rattles our windows and is very annoying. I tell Shelley and Herbie
    >> that they should get into free weights and offered to help them with a
    >> program and they just look at me blankly and say 'why'? So, if any of you
    >> have any experience with neighbours like this and can help me with some
    >> advice as to how to handle this problem, I would really appreciate it. I
    >> fear our Mister is turning somewhat racist and that is concerning me as we
    >> were brought up to believe that most people are equal.
    >>

    >Extend the fence underground about 15 inches on thte border with your
    >neighbours. indeed, just use a sledge hammer to put some long spikes
    >(point down, please) into the ground where the dog is repeatedly digging
    >through. If it chews through those, consider land mines.

    Ari
    ------------
    I'm going to die not soon enough.I tried butt sex from my
    neighbours, and became the victim of AIDS. Complications in
    hospital following this resulted in full blown (pun intended) AIDS. I now need a boner
    transplant. Many people around the world are waiting for a boner
    transplant, too. Please volunteer to be a boner donor:
    http://www.IGotAidsFromButSex.org.

  7. Dally

    Dally Guest

    spodosaurus wrote:
    > David trolled:
    >
    > Extend the fence underground about 15 inches on thte border with your
    > neighbours. indeed, just use a sledge hammer to put some long spikes
    > (point down, please) into the ground where the dog is repeatedly digging
    > through. If it chews through those, consider land mines.

    Troll, Ari.

    Dally

  8. David

    David Guest

    "Dally" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > spodosaurus wrote:
    >> David trolled:
    >>
    >> Extend the fence underground about 15 inches on thte border with your
    >> neighbours. indeed, just use a sledge hammer to put some long spikes
    >> (point down, please) into the ground where the dog is repeatedly digging
    >> through. If it chews through those, consider land mines.

    > Troll, Ari.

    No Ari. You know better. I am NOT a troll. (a troll enabler maybe but
    certainly NOT a troll)

  9. David  Cohen

    David Cohen Guest

    "David" <[email protected]> wrote
    > So, I have a little problem with my neighbours to the left. They have a
    > dog - a spaniel named Hymie. (they are of the Hebrew faith, Shelly is a
    > bookkeeper at the museum and Herbie is a cantor at the local synogogue.)
    > Now our dog 'Mister' (a terrier) is particularly well behaved and we keep
    > him in an enclosed fenced in area where he has plenty of room to romp,
    > chase birds etc. My neighbours also keep their dog mostly leashed in
    > their lawn. (I forgot to say that Mister is a lovely dog and from an
    > excellent family, In fact his first cousin is an elite drug sniffer dog
    > who is employed by the customs at the airport.) Anyway, getting back to
    > the problem . . . occasionally Hymie gets away from his enclosed space
    > and digs his way into the yard where we keep Mister. Then they play a
    > little until Hymie is ready to go home and more often than not he leads
    > our dog away with him and they both go back to his home. Now even though
    > we expressly told Shelley that we don't like her to feed our dog, she
    > always secretly does so and when Mister comes home he invariably gets
    > sick (vomits) and has no appetite for at least a day. So when we confront
    > our neighbour she admitted that she does feed Mister and in fact she feeds
    > him with kosher food which is what Hymie eats. She says that they have
    > certain customs in their religion and one of them is that their dog and
    > his friends all get to share the same meal. I forgot to mention that this
    > family does absolutely zero exercise which really annoys me (as I love to
    > work out and of course that is my life style. I run with Mister tagging
    > along and do free weights as of course that is by far the best way to
    > exercise!) - however their children all play musical instruments (badly I
    > might add) and Herbie practices his singing really loud which rattles our
    > windows and is very annoying. I tell Shelley and Herbie that they should
    > get into free weights and offered to help them with a program and they
    > just look at me blankly and say 'why'? So, if any of you have any
    > experience with neighbours like this

    Do any of us have experience with orthodox jews whose dog invites our dog
    over to share a kosher meal which makes our dog sick?

    Common occurance. You should get lots of advice :)

    David

  10. Russ

    Russ Guest

    On Thu, 5 Jan 2006 00:15:14 +1000, "David" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >No Ari. You know better. I am NOT a troll. (a troll enabler maybe but
    >certainly NOT a troll)

    Liar, you are the very definition of a troll. You troll just until you
    piss off a few twats, then repent in time to keep from being
    killfiled, then repeat it all over again.

    / ~ .\
    |\__/
    | |
    | . |
    | `.` |
    __| `` | `.` |/~~\
    / | | | `` |/~~\
    \ ` . . | |
    \ . . ` /
    \ . . /
    \ . /
    | . |
    | |
    | |

  11. David

    David Guest

    "David Cohen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:CpVuf.4685$M%[email protected]

    > "David" <[email protected]> wrote
    >> So, I have a little problem with my neighbours to the left. They have a
    >> dog - a spaniel named Hymie. (they are of the Hebrew faith, Shelly is a
    >> bookkeeper at the museum and Herbie is a cantor at the local synogogue.)
    >> Now our dog 'Mister' (a terrier) is particularly well behaved and we
    >> keep him in an enclosed fenced in area where he has plenty of room to
    >> romp, chase birds etc. My neighbours also keep their dog mostly leashed
    >> in their lawn. (I forgot to say that Mister is a lovely dog and from an
    >> excellent family, In fact his first cousin is an elite drug sniffer dog
    >> who is employed by the customs at the airport.) Anyway, getting back to
    >> the problem . . . occasionally Hymie gets away from his enclosed space
    >> and digs his way into the yard where we keep Mister. Then they play a
    >> little until Hymie is ready to go home and more often than not he leads
    >> our dog away with him and they both go back to his home. Now even though
    >> we expressly told Shelley that we don't like her to feed our dog, she
    >> always secretly does so and when Mister comes home he invariably gets
    >> sick (vomits) and has no appetite for at least a day. So when we
    >> confront our neighbour she admitted that she does feed Mister and in fact
    >> she feeds him with kosher food which is what Hymie eats. She says that
    >> they have certain customs in their religion and one of them is that their
    >> dog and his friends all get to share the same meal. I forgot to mention
    >> that this family does absolutely zero exercise which really annoys me (as
    >> I love to work out and of course that is my life style. I run with
    >> Mister tagging along and do free weights as of course that is by far the
    >> best way to exercise!) - however their children all play musical
    >> instruments (badly I might add) and Herbie practices his singing really
    >> loud which rattles our windows and is very annoying. I tell Shelley and
    >> Herbie that they should get into free weights and offered to help them
    >> with a program and they just look at me blankly and say 'why'? So, if
    >> any of you have any experience with neighbours like this

    > Do any of us have experience with orthodox jews whose dog invites our dog
    > over to share a kosher meal which makes our dog sick?
    >
    > Common occurance. You should get lots of advice :)

    No David. You missed the point. This has nothing to do with our dog getting
    sick with kosher food. Of course that would not be a common occurrence! My
    point is that Herbie and Shelley are totally sedentary and I am trying to
    encourage them to purchase a power cage and get into free weights. As they
    are not interested, I was hoping to get advice on how to insipire them

  12. David

    David Guest

    "Russ" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On Thu, 5 Jan 2006 00:15:14 +1000, "David" <[email protected]>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>No Ari. You know better. I am NOT a troll. (a troll enabler maybe but
    >>certainly NOT a troll)

    > Liar, you are the very definition of a troll. You troll just until you
    > piss off a few twats, then repent in time to keep from being
    > killfiled, then repeat it all over again.
    >
    > / ~ .\
    > |\__/
    > | |
    > | . |
    > | `.` |
    > __| `` | `.` |/~~\
    > / | | | `` |/~~\
    > \ ` . . | |
    > \ . . ` /
    > \ . . /
    > \ . /
    > | . |
    > | |
    > | |

    I like the finger. How long does it take you to input that?

  13. David

    David Guest

    Looking for advice from Cohen - my dog Mister is normally well behaved.But
    anytime he hears barking or any sounds a dog makes on T.V. for instance he
    gets nervous and thinks there is a dog nearby and wants to check it out. How
    can I tell him not to worry about T.V. dogs?

  14. In article <[email protected]>,
    "David" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Looking for advice from Cohen - my dog Mister is normally well behaved.But
    > anytime he hears barking or any sounds a dog makes on T.V. for instance he
    > gets nervous and thinks there is a dog nearby and wants to check it out. How
    > can I tell him not to worry about T.V. dogs?

    I'm not Cohen, but I "howl", bark and whine with the dogs and really get
    them going. ;-)

    Then turn it into growly dog playtime.

    I get the WORST reactions when ambulences, fire trucks and police cars
    go by with sirens! I howl with the dogs and get them to play with me.

    Calms their anxiety a lot and puts them into play mode.

    This works for me, don't know if it'll work for you........

    Cheers!
    --
    Om.

  15. JRH

    JRH Guest

    On Thu, 5 Jan 2006 07:27:25 +1000, "David" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Looking for advice from Cohen - my dog Mister is normally well behaved.But
    >anytime he hears barking or any sounds a dog makes on T.V. for instance he
    >gets nervous and thinks there is a dog nearby and wants to check it out. How
    >can I tell him not to worry about T.V. dogs?

    Give him the remote control and teach him how to use the mute button!
    ;o)

  16. David

    David Guest

    "OmManiPadmeOmelet" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > "David" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> Looking for advice from Cohen - my dog Mister is normally well
    >> behaved.But
    >> anytime he hears barking or any sounds a dog makes on T.V. for instance
    >> he
    >> gets nervous and thinks there is a dog nearby and wants to check it out.
    >> How
    >> can I tell him not to worry about T.V. dogs?
    >>

    > I'm not Cohen, but I "howl", bark and whine with the dogs and really get
    > them going. ;-)

    But I'm trying *not* to get him going - trying to settle him down
    It must create anxiety when he hears a dog now knowing if the dog might be
    in the next room even.

    > Then turn it into growly dog playtime.
    >
    > I get the WORST reactions when ambulences, fire trucks and police cars
    > go by with sirens! I howl with the dogs and get them to play with me.

    My dog is ok with sirens

    > Calms their anxiety a lot and puts them into play mode.
    >
    > This works for me, don't know if it'll work for you........

    Thanks!

  17. DZ

    DZ Guest

    Dally <[email protected]> wrote:
    > spodosaurus wrote:
    >> David trolled:
    >> Extend the fence underground about 15 inches on thte border with your
    >> neighbours. indeed, just use a sledge hammer to put some long spikes
    >> (point down, please) into the ground where the dog is repeatedly digging
    >> through. If it chews through those, consider land mines.

    > Troll, Ari.
    > Dally

    Not as skillful as you're, or he'd put bowflex, dogs, something
    negative like "imprisoned" in the subject, and generate 100+ followups
    in an hour.

    Do your neighbors even own bowflex? Fessup!

  18. Dally

    Dally Guest

    DZ wrote:
    > Dally <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>spodosaurus wrote:
    >>
    >>>David trolled:
    >>>Extend the fence underground about 15 inches on thte border with your
    >>>neighbours. indeed, just use a sledge hammer to put some long spikes
    >>>(point down, please) into the ground where the dog is repeatedly digging
    >>>through. If it chews through those, consider land mines.

    >>Troll, Ari.
    >>Dally

    > Not as skillful as you're, or he'd put bowflex, dogs, something
    > negative like "imprisoned" in the subject, and generate 100+ followups
    > in an hour.

    Oh, I'm not trolling. My scenario is real. That's what makes it so
    provocative. His is just a stupid parody, more of a homage, really. I
    am a bit flattered that he goes to the bother. But it's sort of like
    Bill's sock-puppet imposter... taking trolling to a newly insipid level.

    > Do your neighbors even own bowflex? Fessup!

    They aren't my neighbors, they're my friends. They live three hours
    away and we occasionally go visit them for a week-end. I usually use
    their Bowflex while I'm there. This time I didn't. (And neither did they.)

    Dally

  19. David  Cohen

    David Cohen Guest

    "David" <[email protected]> wrote
    > Looking for advice from Cohen - my dog Mister is normally well behaved.But
    > anytime he hears barking or any sounds a dog makes on T.V. for instance he
    > gets nervous and thinks there is a dog nearby and wants to check it out.
    > How can I tell him not to worry about T.V. dogs?

    Sheba does the same thing. I tell her to SETTLE and she does, because I've
    taught her that command.

    Try teaching her to do something else when she hears ghost dogs on the TV.
    Teach her to come to you and sit when she hears the ghost dog, to get a
    treat. Bark at TV, no treat. Sit in front of you, treat.

    Basic canine training. Works in almost all circumstances. Just requires the
    owner to be a bit creative.

    David

  20. David  Cohen

    David Cohen Guest

    "David" <[email protected]> wrote
    > "David Cohen" <[email protected]> wrote
    >> "David" <[email protected]> wrote
    >>> So, I have a little problem with my neighbours to the left. They have a
    >>> dog - a spaniel named Hymie. (they are of the Hebrew faith, Shelly is a
    >>> bookkeeper at the museum and Herbie is a cantor at the local synogogue.)
    >>> Now our dog 'Mister' (a terrier) is particularly well behaved and we
    >>> keep him in an enclosed fenced in area where he has plenty of room to
    >>> romp, chase birds etc. My neighbours also keep their dog mostly leashed
    >>> in their lawn. (I forgot to say that Mister is a lovely dog and from an
    >>> excellent family, In fact his first cousin is an elite drug sniffer dog
    >>> who is employed by the customs at the airport.) Anyway, getting back to
    >>> the problem . . . occasionally Hymie gets away from his enclosed space
    >>> and digs his way into the yard where we keep Mister. Then they play a
    >>> little until Hymie is ready to go home and more often than not he leads
    >>> our dog away with him and they both go back to his home. Now even though
    >>> we expressly told Shelley that we don't like her to feed our dog, she
    >>> always secretly does so and when Mister comes home he invariably gets
    >>> sick (vomits) and has no appetite for at least a day. So when we
    >>> confront our neighbour she admitted that she does feed Mister and in
    >>> fact she feeds him with kosher food which is what Hymie eats. She says
    >>> that they have certain customs in their religion and one of them is that
    >>> their dog and his friends all get to share the same meal. I forgot to
    >>> mention that this family does absolutely zero exercise which really
    >>> annoys me (as I love to work out and of course that is my life style. I
    >>> run with Mister tagging along and do free weights as of course that is
    >>> by far the best way to exercise!) - however their children all play
    >>> musical instruments (badly I might add) and Herbie practices his singing
    >>> really loud which rattles our windows and is very annoying. I tell
    >>> Shelley and Herbie that they should get into free weights and offered
    >>> to help them with a program and they just look at me blankly and say
    >>> 'why'? So, if any of you have any experience with neighbours like this

    >> Do any of us have experience with orthodox jews whose dog invites our dog
    >> over to share a kosher meal which makes our dog sick?
    >>
    >> Common occurance. You should get lots of advice :)

    > No David. You missed the point.

    I frequently do.

    > This has nothing to do with our dog getting sick with kosher food. Of
    > course that would not be a common occurrence!

    It might be, in a kibbutz.

    > My point is that Herbie and Shelley are totally sedentary and I am trying
    > to encourage them to purchase a power cage and get into free weights. As
    > they are not interested, I was hoping to get advice on how to insipire
    > them

    That has NOTHING to do with dogs, so, why am I even having this
    conversation?

    David