Mister and Hymie

geek_girl wrote:
> David Cohen wrote:

> > If he shows up in Las Vegas next week, I'm going to literally feed him, so,
> > cyberfeeding seems less critical.

> Are you also going to force him to drink giant margaritas?

I would never force some one to drink giant margaritas, especially some
one who does it REALLY well.

I may sneek up behind him while he's on his cell phone, but, it won't
be NEARLY as much fun :)

David

On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 08:46:13 +0000, JRH <[email protected]> wrote:

>On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 02:03:49 GMT, [email protected] wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 5 Jan 2006 06:46:01 +1000, "David" <[email protected]>
>>wrote:
>>

>>>"David Cohen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>>news:CpVuf.4685$M%[email protected]...

>>>No David. You missed the point. This has nothing to do with our dog getting
>>>sick with kosher food. Of course that would not be a common occurrence! My
>>>point is that Herbie and Shelley are totally sedentary and I am trying to
>>>encourage them to purchase a power cage and get into free weights. As they
>>>are not interested, I was hoping to get advice on how to insipire them

>>Your Jewish neighbors have a dog named Hymie (an anti-Semitic term)?
>>
>>Shelley's "Jewish customs" include continuing to feed a dog owned by
>>non-Jewish neighbors kosher food which makes him sick over the
>>objections of her non-Jewish neighbors?
>>
>>Despite the fact that you sell exercise machines (and I have no
>>problems with well-designed ones), you write that free weights are of
>>course by far the best way to exercise and you want advice on getting
>>your sedentary neighbors who annoy you to no end to work out with free
>>weights in accordance with a program that you'd design?
>>
>>You fear that Mister (your dog) is turning somewhat racist and that
>>iconcerns you as you were brought up to believe that most people are
>>equal?
>>

>>. . . . .All of which prompts me to ask two questions:
>>
>>why you think that kosher food is making Mister sick? What do you
>>think might be in it?
>>
>>What kind of free weight program would you design for these people
>>that would finally put an end to the annoying behavior they are
>>displaying?

>Whooosh! ;o)

"Whoosh!" is a sound made by flames.

So I have several questions for you -

Are you recommending that the free weight exercise area be located
inside a giant oven?

and/or

Are you suggesting that -

(a) one or more posts on this thread are "flame" messages intended to
insult and provoke? If so, which ones?
)b) Is someone writing rabidly on some relatively uninteresting
subject or with a patently ridiculous attitude? If so, who would that
be?
(c) If (a) or (b) is the case, is the "flame" being directed at a
particular person or people? If so, who is/are the target(s)?

On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 12:49:36 GMT, [email protected] wrote:

>On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 08:46:13 +0000, JRH <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 02:03:49 GMT, [email protected] wrote:

>>>Your Jewish neighbors have a dog named Hymie (an anti-Semitic term)?
>>>
>>>Shelley's "Jewish customs" include continuing to feed a dog owned by
>>>non-Jewish neighbors kosher food which makes him sick over the
>>>objections of her non-Jewish neighbors?
>>>
>>>Despite the fact that you sell exercise machines (and I have no
>>>problems with well-designed ones), you write that free weights are of
>>>course by far the best way to exercise and you want advice on getting
>>>your sedentary neighbors who annoy you to no end to work out with free
>>>weights in accordance with a program that you'd design?
>>>
>>>You fear that Mister (your dog) is turning somewhat racist and that
>>>iconcerns you as you were brought up to believe that most people are
>>>equal?
>>>

>>>. . . . .All of which prompts me to ask two questions:
>>>
>>>why you think that kosher food is making Mister sick? What do you
>>>think might be in it?
>>>
>>>What kind of free weight program would you design for these people
>>>that would finally put an end to the annoying behavior they are
>>>displaying?

>>Whooosh! ;o)

>"Whoosh!" is a sound made by flames.

It can be, but in Usenet it usually indicates that something has gone
over someone's head.

>So I have several questions for you -
>
>Are you recommending that the free weight exercise area be located
>inside a giant oven?

Only you if you want to include a warm-up to your free weight
exercise.

>and/or
>
> Are you suggesting that -
>
>(a) one or more posts on this thread are "flame" messages intended to
>insult and provoke?

Absolutely not; it contains spoof messages which are entirely
different and aimed at being humorous.

>)b) Is someone writing rabidly on some relatively uninteresting
>subject or with a patently ridiculous attitude?
>be?

Yes.

> If so, who would that

I can't tell a lie, it's that "troll enabler" David the Oz! ;o)

> (c) If (a) or (b) is the case, is the "flame" being directed at a
>particular person or people? If so, who is/are the target(s)?

I think it was aimed at us all in the hopes that some of us would take
the bait. It was only in fun Old Man so don't take offence; there was
none intended. ;o)

On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 14:57:55 +0000, JRH <[email protected]> wrote:

>>"Whoosh!" is a sound made by flames.

>It can be, but in Usenet it usually indicates that something has gone
>over someone's head.

In his case it was the BJ you got.

David Cohen wrote:
> geek_girl wrote:
> > David Cohen wrote:

> > > If he shows up in Las Vegas next week, I'm going to literally feed him, so,
> > > cyberfeeding seems less critical.

> > Are you also going to force him to drink giant margaritas?

> I would never force some one to drink giant margaritas, especially some
> one who does it REALLY well.

Of course. People who do it REALLY well tend not to need forcing.

> I may sneek up behind him while he's on his cell phone, but, it won't
> be NEARLY as much fun :)

Probably less screaming, and one would hope, less jiggling.

Dally <[email protected]> wrote:
> DZ wrote:
>> Do your neighbors even own bowflex? Fessup!

> They aren't my neighbors, they're my friends.

Sorry, another gross generalization (aka thinking, per Hegel,
http://tinyurl.com/dfaxt). I thought one can walk around your entire
bunch of little states jammed up there in 10 min and that you say
howdyneighbor to WillBrink etc every morning.

On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 14:57:55 +0000, JRH <[email protected]> wrote:

>On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 12:49:36 GMT, [email protected] wrote:
>

>>>Whooosh! ;o)

>>"Whoosh!" is a sound made by flames.

>It can be, but in Usenet it usually indicates that something has gone
>over someone's head.

I'd prefer it be a free weight under my control

>>So I have several questions for you -
>>
>>Are you recommending that the free weight exercise area be located
>>inside a giant oven?

>Only you if you want to include a warm-up to your free weight
>exercise.

lol!

>>and/or
>>
>> Are you suggesting that -
>>
>>(a) one or more posts on this thread are "flame" messages intended to
>>insult and provoke?

>Absolutely not; it contains spoof messages which are entirely
>different and aimed at being humorous.

What was the funniest part of the spoof for you?

>>)b) Is someone writing rabidly on some relatively uninteresting
>>subject or with a patently ridiculous attitude?
>>be?

>Yes.
>
>> If so, who would that

>I can't tell a lie, it's that "troll enabler" David the Oz! ;o)

II don't care about that ****.

If some people here like throwing **** at each other, that's their
business and they can do it as long as they like.

The only people I see here are those who post interesting on-topic and
off-topic stuff - at least some of the time - and those who almost
never do.

>> (c) If (a) or (b) is the case, is the "flame" being directed at a
>>particular person or people? If so, who is/are the target(s)?

>I think it was aimed at us all in the hopes that some of us would take
>the bait. It was only in fun Old Man so don't take offence; there was
>none intended. ;o)

ok-dokey

On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 23:26:23 GMT, [email protected] wrote:

>>>"Whoosh!" is a sound made by flames.

>>It can be, but in Usenet it usually indicates that something has gone
>>over someone's head.

>I'd prefer it be a free weight under my control

I can recommend a clean and jerk, or a simpler military press.

>>>So I have several questions for you -
>>>
>>>Are you recommending that the free weight exercise area be located
>>>inside a giant oven?

>>Only you if you want to include a warm-up to your free weight
>>exercise.

>lol!
>>

>>>and/or
>>>
>>> Are you suggesting that -
>>>
>>>(a) one or more posts on this thread are "flame" messages intended to
>>>insult and provoke?

>>Absolutely not; it contains spoof messages which are entirely
>>different and aimed at being humorous.

>What was the funniest part of the spoof for you?

That the Oz's dog was being seduced yet sickened by Kosher food.

>>>)b) Is someone writing rabidly on some relatively uninteresting
>>>subject or with a patently ridiculous attitude?
>>>be?

>>Yes.
>>
>>> If so, who would that

>>I can't tell a lie, it's that "troll enabler" David the Oz! ;o)

>II don't care about that ****.

It was another joke at the Oz's expense, which will amuse him! ;o)

>If some people here like throwing **** at each other, that's their
>business and they can do it as long as they like.

It is perhaps symptomatic of not just MFW but the whole of Usenet.
Personally, I don't mind particularly, other than when those guilty of
provoking the "**** slinging" attempt to pass the blame to those that
respond to them.

>The only people I see here are those who post interesting on-topic and
>off-topic stuff - at least some of the time - and those who almost
>never do.

It has for some time developed to where off-topic posts dominate.
However, after a few years here most of the on-topic posts are all too
familiar, and it is difficult to sum up enthusiasm to respond
repeatedly on the same subjects.

>>> (c) If (a) or (b) is the case, is the "flame" being directed at a
>>>particular person or people? If so, who is/are the target(s)?

>>I think it was aimed at us all in the hopes that some of us would take
>>the bait. It was only in fun Old Man so don't take offence; there was
>>none intended. ;o)

>ok-dokey

Cheers! ;o)

On Fri, 06 Jan 2006 00:09:03 +0000, JRH <[email protected]> wrote:

>On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 23:26:23 GMT, [email protected] wrote:

>>>It can be, but in Usenet it usually indicates that something has gone
>>>over someone's head.

>>I'd prefer it be a free weight under my control

>I can recommend a clean and jerk, or a simpler military press.

Two good ones

>>>Only you if you want to include a warm-up to your free weight
>>>exercise.

>>lol!

>>>Absolutely not; it contains spoof messages which are entirely
>>>different and aimed at being humorous.

>>What was the funniest part of the spoof for you?

>That the Oz's dog was being seduced yet sickened by Kosher food.

I didn't see the part where Oz's dog was being seduced by kosher food.

As a dog owner, I won't buy kosher dog food unless it gets great
reviews in The Whole Dog Journal. Still, I wonder why kosher food
would sicken a dog.

http://www.kosherpetfoods.com/fordogs.html
http://www.kosherpetfoods.com/why.html
(the thing about kosher species is nonsensical as far as I'm
concerned. Still, I don't see how avoiding protein from scavengers
would make a dog sick.

I realize I'm "missing the point" about the humor in this "funny"
story. I'm trying to move it to something that interests me - dog
food, the role of protein, amino acids in maintaining good health,
and, what's particularly germane to this ng, the
the relationship between humor and civility

>>>Yes.

>>>I can't tell a lie, it's that "troll enabler" David the Oz! ;o)

>>II don't care about that ****.

>It was another joke at the Oz's expense, which will amuse him! ;o)
>

>>If some people here like throwing **** at each other, that's their
>>business and they can do it as long as they like.

>It is perhaps symptomatic of not just MFW but the whole of Usenet.
>Personally, I don't mind particularly, other than when those guilty of
>provoking the "**** slinging" attempt to pass the blame to those that
>respond to them.
>

>>The only people I see here are those who post interesting on-topic and
>>off-topic stuff - at least some of the time - and those who almost
>>never do.

>It has for some time developed to where off-topic posts dominate.
>However, after a few years here most of the on-topic posts are all too
>familiar, and it is difficult to sum up enthusiasm to respond
>repeatedly on the same subjects.

If one is no longer interested in lifting and strength conditioning or
participating in a ng emphasizing this subject, it may be time to move
on to another ng

>>>I think it was aimed at us all in the hopes that some of us would take
>>>the bait. It was only in fun Old Man so don't take offence; there was
>>>none intended. ;o)

>>ok-dokey

>Cheers! ;o)

On Fri, 06 Jan 2006 00:09:03 +0000, JRH <[email protected]> wrote:

>I can recommend a clean and jerk, or a simpler military press.

You do plenty of jerking, but dirty up the place rapidly.

"JRH" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 23:26:23 GMT, [email protected] wrote:

>>>It can be, but in Usenet it usually indicates that something has gone
>>>over someone's head.

>>I'd prefer it be a free weight under my control

> I can recommend a clean and jerk, or a simpler military press.

>>>Only you if you want to include a warm-up to your free weight
>>>exercise.

>>lol!

>>>Absolutely not; it contains spoof messages which are entirely
>>>different and aimed at being humorous.

>>What was the funniest part of the spoof for you?

> That the Oz's dog was being seduced yet sickened by Kosher food.

For something to be funny it is normally a prerequisite that there be a
sense of humour

"JRH" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 12:49:36 GMT, [email protected] wrote:

>>>Whooosh! ;o)

>>"Whoosh!" is a sound made by flames.

> It can be, but in Usenet it usually indicates that something has gone
> over someone's head.
>

>>So I have several questions for you -
>>
>>Are you recommending that the free weight exercise area be located
>>inside a giant oven?

> Only you if you want to include a warm-up to your free weight
> exercise.

Good one!

[........]

On Fri, 6 Jan 2006 12:49:40 +1000, "David" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>"JRH" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...

>>>I'd prefer it be a free weight under my control

>> I can recommend a clean and jerk, or a simpler military press.

>>>lol!

>>>What was the funniest part of the spoof for you?

>> That the Oz's dog was being seduced yet sickened by Kosher food.
>>

>For something to be funny it is normally a prerequisite that there be a
>sense of humour

Right you are . . This applies to the listeners/readers as well as the
person who wants to be seen as telling a funny story.

There is some irony in all of this. Viewed from a historical
perspective, there was at one time a larger group of people
on MFW who took delight in savaging newbies, clueless folk, people
with thin skins, and other miscellaneous, hapless creatures. They
were the butt of many a cruel joke. Many left. Some fought back or
otherwise figured out how to get what they want from this ng. Your
English buddy took umbrage at all of this and this was understandable
as he was receiving a fair share of abuse himself. So he embarked on
a noble quest to dish out it to people whose "jokes" at other people's
expense he didn't find particularly funny. He became a champion of
the underdog and the leading exponent of civility on MFW. The
jokesters were quite naturally amused at all of this and didn't want
to be deprived of their bits of bleating, risible beef. Eventually a
lot of them left for another playground and, aside from their dubious
"sense of humor," their departure was clearly a loss for MFW

It's OK to see another breed of jokester on MFW

Please continue to share your funny stories for all of us and sling
your barbs and arrows at whomever you like. All I'm asking is that
you at least occasionally contribute helpful on-topic posts or
interesting off-topic posts.

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Fri, 6 Jan 2006 12:49:40 +1000, "David" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>

>>"JRH" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]...

>>> I can recommend a clean and jerk, or a simpler military press.

>>> That the Oz's dog was being seduced yet sickened by Kosher food.
>>>

>>For something to be funny it is normally a prerequisite that there be a
>>sense of humour

> Right you are . . This applies to the listeners/readers as well as the
> person who wants to be seen as telling a funny story.
>
> There is some irony in all of this. Viewed from a historical
> perspective, there was at one time a larger group of people
> on MFW who took delight in savaging newbies, clueless folk, people
> with thin skins, and other miscellaneous, hapless creatures. They
> were the butt of many a cruel joke. Many left. Some fought back or
> otherwise figured out how to get what they want from this ng. Your
> English buddy took umbrage at all of this and this was understandable
> as he was receiving a fair share of abuse himself. So he embarked on
> a noble quest to dish out it to people whose "jokes" at other people's
> expense he didn't find particularly funny. He became a champion of
> the underdog and the leading exponent of civility on MFW. The
> jokesters were quite naturally amused at all of this and didn't want
> to be deprived of their bits of bleating, risible beef. Eventually a
> lot of them left for another playground and, aside from their dubious
> "sense of humor," their departure was clearly a loss for MFW
>
> It's OK to see another breed of jokester on MFW
>
> Please continue to share your funny stories for all of us and sling
> your barbs and arrows at whomever you like. All I'm asking is that
> you at least occasionally contribute helpful on-topic posts or
> interesting off-topic posts.

I didn't mean my last post as a gibe directed at you - I appreciate your
contributions in fact.(Plus I do post on topic occasionally - haven't you
seen it?)

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Fri, 6 Jan 2006 12:49:40 +1000, "David" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>

>>"JRH" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]...

>>> I can recommend a clean and jerk, or a simpler military press.

>>> That the Oz's dog was being seduced yet sickened by Kosher food.
>>>

>>For something to be funny it is normally a prerequisite that there be a
>>sense of humour

> Right you are . . This applies to the listeners/readers as well as the
> person who wants to be seen as telling a funny story.
>
> There is some irony in all of this. Viewed from a historical
> perspective, there was at one time a larger group of people
> on MFW who took delight in savaging newbies, clueless folk, people
> with thin skins, and other miscellaneous, hapless creatures. They
> were the butt of many a cruel joke. Many left. Some fought back or
> otherwise figured out how to get what they want from this ng. Your
> English buddy took umbrage at all of this and this was understandable
> as he was receiving a fair share of abuse himself. So he embarked on
> a noble quest to dish out it to people whose "jokes" at other people's
> expense he didn't find particularly funny. He became a champion of
> the underdog and the leading exponent of civility on MFW. The
> jokesters were quite naturally amused at all of this and didn't want
> to be deprived of their bits of bleating, risible beef. Eventually a
> lot of them left for another playground and, aside from their dubious
> "sense of humor," their departure was clearly a loss for MFW

That's a pretty fair assessment of the recent history of MFW. (I was one of
those newbies and my English friend intervened on my behalf at that time.)

> It's OK to see another breed of jokester on MFW
>
> Please continue to share your funny stories for all of us and sling
> your barbs and arrows at whomever you like. All I'm asking is that
> you at least occasionally contribute helpful on-topic posts or
> interesting off-topic posts.

On Fri, 6 Jan 2006 14:03:52 +1000, "David" <[email protected]>
wrote:

><[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> On Fri, 6 Jan 2006 12:49:40 +1000, "David" <[email protected]>
>> wrote:
>>

>>>"JRH" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>>news:[email protected]...

>>>For something to be funny it is normally a prerequisite that there be a
>>>sense of humour

>> Right you are . . This applies to the listeners/readers as well as the
>> person who wants to be seen as telling a funny story.
>>
>> There is some irony in all of this. Viewed from a historical
>> perspective, there was at one time a larger group of people
>> on MFW who took delight in savaging newbies, clueless folk, people
>> with thin skins, and other miscellaneous, hapless creatures. They
>> were the butt of many a cruel joke. Many left. Some fought back or
>> otherwise figured out how to get what they want from this ng. Your
>> English buddy took umbrage at all of this and this was understandable
>> as he was receiving a fair share of abuse himself. So he embarked on
>> a noble quest to dish out it to people whose "jokes" at other people's
>> expense he didn't find particularly funny. He became a champion of
>> the underdog and the leading exponent of civility on MFW. The
>> jokesters were quite naturally amused at all of this and didn't want
>> to be deprived of their bits of bleating, risible beef. Eventually a
>> lot of them left for another playground and, aside from their dubious
>> "sense of humor," their departure was clearly a loss for MFW
>>
>> It's OK to see another breed of jokester on MFW
>>
>> Please continue to share your funny stories for all of us and sling
>> your barbs and arrows at whomever you like. All I'm asking is that
>> you at least occasionally contribute helpful on-topic posts or
>> interesting off-topic posts.

>I didn't mean my last post as a gibe directed at you - I appreciate your
>contributions in fact.(Plus I do post on topic occasionally - haven't you
>seen it?)

I know you do. I look forward to reading more of the kind.

On Fri, 06 Jan 2006 00:49:32 GMT, [email protected] wrote:

>On Fri, 06 Jan 2006 00:09:03 +0000, JRH <[email protected]> wrote:

>>>I'd prefer it be a free weight under my control

>>I can recommend a clean and jerk, or a simpler military press.

>Two good ones

>>>lol!

>>>What was the funniest part of the spoof for you?

>>That the Oz's dog was being seduced yet sickened by Kosher food.

>I didn't see the part where Oz's dog was being seduced by kosher food.

Ah... that may be why you failed to see the humour, as that part was
central to the post's humorous content.

>As a dog owner, I won't buy kosher dog food unless it gets great
>reviews in The Whole Dog Journal. Still, I wonder why kosher food
>would sicken a dog.
>
>http://www.kosherpetfoods.com/fordogs.html
>http://www.kosherpetfoods.com/why.html
>(the thing about kosher species is nonsensical as far as I'm
>concerned. Still, I don't see how avoiding protein from scavengers
>would make a dog sick.

There *is* no reason which is where the alarm bells should have been
ringing that it was a spoof post.

>I realize I'm "missing the point" about the humor in this "funny"
>story. I'm trying to move it to something that interests me - dog
>food, the role of protein, amino acids in maintaining good health,
>and, what's particularly germane to this ng, the
>the relationship between humor and civility

We have managed to generate low-level humour Old Man, while still
maintaining a civility befitting gentlemen of our mature years. ;o)

>>>II don't care about that ****.

>>It was another joke at the Oz's expense, which will amuse him! ;o)
>>

>>>If some people here like throwing **** at each other, that's their
>>>business and they can do it as long as they like.

>>It is perhaps symptomatic of not just MFW but the whole of Usenet.
>>Personally, I don't mind particularly, other than when those guilty of
>>provoking the "**** slinging" attempt to pass the blame to those that
>>respond to them.
>>

>>>The only people I see here are those who post interesting on-topic and
>>>off-topic stuff - at least some of the time - and those who almost
>>>never do.

>>It has for some time developed to where off-topic posts dominate.
>>However, after a few years here most of the on-topic posts are all too
>>familiar, and it is difficult to sum up enthusiasm to respond
>>repeatedly on the same subjects.

>If one is no longer interested in lifting and strength conditioning or
>participating in a ng emphasizing this subject,

I am, and I still enjoy this Group having been here many years.

>it may be time to move
>on to another ng

I have but my stalker found me again and continued his harassment
there and here, provoking me yet again into retaliation. I have since
gone up a gear with sensitive information about his own personal life,
and he has since backed off, which you will note has reduced the
"trolling" to almost zero.

On Fri, 06 Jan 2006 03:45:05 GMT, [email protected] wrote:

>On Fri, 6 Jan 2006 12:49:40 +1000, "David" <[email protected]>
>wrote:
>

>>"JRH" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]...

>>> I can recommend a clean and jerk, or a simpler military press.

>>> That the Oz's dog was being seduced yet sickened by Kosher food.
>>>

>>For something to be funny it is normally a prerequisite that there be a
>>sense of humour

>Right you are . . This applies to the listeners/readers as well as the
>person who wants to be seen as telling a funny story.
>
>There is some irony in all of this. Viewed from a historical
>perspective, there was at one time a larger group of people
>on MFW who took delight in savaging newbies, clueless folk, people
>with thin skins, and other miscellaneous, hapless creatures. They
>were the butt of many a cruel joke. Many left. Some fought back or
>otherwise figured out how to get what they want from this ng. Your
>English buddy took umbrage at all of this and this was understandable
>as he was receiving a fair share of abuse himself. So he embarked on
>a noble quest to dish out it to people whose "jokes" at other people's
>expense he didn't find particularly funny. He became a champion of
>the underdog and the leading exponent of civility on MFW. The
>jokesters were quite naturally amused at all of this and didn't want
>to be deprived of their bits of bleating, risible beef. Eventually a
>lot of them left for another playground and, aside from their dubious
>"sense of humor," their departure was clearly a loss for MFW
>
>It's OK to see another breed of jokester on MFW
>
>Please continue to share your funny stories for all of us and sling
>your barbs and arrows at whomever you like. All I'm asking is that
>you at least occasionally contribute helpful on-topic posts or
>interesting off-topic posts.

An interesting perspective and not much to dispute. It will be of
interest to others here to learn an unbiased potted history of what
has gone before.

On Fri, 06 Jan 2006 08:29:54 +0000, JRH <[email protected]> wrote:

>On Fri, 06 Jan 2006 00:49:32 GMT, [email protected] wrote:

>>>I can recommend a clean and jerk, or a simpler military press.

>>Two good ones

>>>That the Oz's dog was being seduced yet sickened by Kosher food.

>>I didn't see the part where Oz's dog was being seduced by kosher food.

>Ah... that may be why you failed to see the humour, as that part was
>central to the post's humorous content.

I still fail to see where that was made clear. Mister could have been
following the neighbor's dog because he wanted to continue playing and
exploring. An offer of a free meal is, of course always tempting to a
dog, whether it is kosher or not. I don't get the point why a kosher
meal would make a dog sick, unless, of course, it was deliberately
poisoned

For future re-telling of this very amusing story, I suggest a line be
added somewhat like the following: "Mister eagerly followed Hymie
back to Hymie's house because he knew he would receive a wonderful
meal there from the hook-nosed, female two-legged . . .although he
couldn't quite place the odor of an ingredient he'd never eaten
before."

>>As a dog owner, I won't buy kosher dog food unless it gets great
>>reviews in The Whole Dog Journal. Still, I wonder why kosher food
>>would sicken a dog.
>>
>>http://www.kosherpetfoods.com/fordogs.html
>>http://www.kosherpetfoods.com/why.html
>>(the thing about kosher species is nonsensical as far as I'm
>>concerned. Still, I don't see how avoiding protein from scavengers
>>would make a dog sick.

>There *is* no reason which is where the alarm bells should have been
>ringing that it was a spoof post.

IYou and David are emphasizing the spoof component. I never cared
whether this was a spoof or not. The anti-Semitic nature of the
story is the only thing I've pointed out. Check back and see whether
I ever took the story seriously enough to offer real advice to David
as to what he should do about his neighborss. Read carefully to see
what questions I asked on 1/4 and where the answers to these would
lead

>>I realize I'm "missing the point" about the humor in this "funny"
>>story. I'm trying to move it to something that interests me - dog
>>food, the role of protein, amino acids in maintaining good health,
>>and, what's particularly germane to this ng, the
>>the relationship between humor and civility

>We have managed to generate low-level humour Old Man, while still
>maintaining a civility befitting gentlemen of our mature years. ;o)

I will be the judge of what I deem to be civil behavior.

>>>It was another joke at the Oz's expense, which will amuse him! ;o)

>>>It is perhaps symptomatic of not just MFW but the whole of Usenet.
>>>Personally, I don't mind particularly, other than when those guilty of
>>>provoking the "**** slinging" attempt to pass the blame to those that
>>>respond to them.

>>>It has for some time developed to where off-topic posts dominate.
>>>However, after a few years here most of the on-topic posts are all too
>>>familiar, and it is difficult to sum up enthusiasm to respond
>>>repeatedly on the same subjects.

>>If one is no longer interested in lifting and strength conditioning or
>>participating in a ng emphasizing this subject,

>I am, and I still enjoy this Group having been here many years.

I'd like to read more on-topic posts from you.

>>it may be time to move
>>on to another ng

>I have but my stalker found me again and continued his harassment
>there and here, provoking me yet again into retaliation. I have since
>gone up a gear with sensitive information about his own personal life,
>and he has since backed off, which you will note has reduced the
>"trolling" to almost zero.

I told you before that I'm not interested in that **** so you must be
writing that for the benefit of those other guys who are participating
in this boring exercise or for lurkers who watch soap operas when
they're not here.

On Fri, 06 Jan 2006 08:50:26 +0000, JRH <[email protected]> wrote:

>An interesting perspective and not much to dispute. It will be of
>interest to others here to learn an unbiased potted history of what
>has gone before.

I'm trying to be accurate and I'm not trying to exonerate anyone or
take anyone's side. This endlessly stupid and juvenile exchange
about trolling is the least entertaining material I've seen on mfw
since I started coming here.

But please continue if it still entertains you and others.

All I'm asking for is -

(1) more on-topic posts
(2) more interesting off-topic posts
(3) wittier criticisms of others
(4) better comebacks from those who have been criticized