Mits/gloves for 1 yo Bike Passenger

Hugh Spicer

Guest
Can anyone recommend mits/gloves for a one y.o. travelling in baby carrier
on back of the bike..... "Normal" mits just get taken off and lost at every
opportunity ! Any advice welcome !

--
Hugh Spicer
___________________________________

msn messenger: [email protected]

check out my blog at:
http://hughspicer.blogspot.com/

check out the latest images at:
http://photos.wanadoo.co.uk/album/1137378

and Scottish Shipping images at:
http://photos.wanadoo.co.uk/album/1450192
___________________________________

Hugh Spicer wrote:
> Can anyone recommend mits/gloves for a one y.o. travelling in baby carrier
> on back of the bike..... "Normal" mits just get taken off and lost at every
> opportunity ! Any advice welcome !

The ones with string going up one sleeve and down the other.

--
Tony

Anon

Tony Raven <[email protected]> writes:

> Hugh Spicer wrote:
>> Can anyone recommend mits/gloves for a one y.o. travelling in baby
>> carrier on back of the bike..... "Normal" mits just get taken off
>> and lost at every opportunity ! Any advice welcome !

> The ones with string going up one sleeve and down the other.

Idiot mittens?

Chris
--
Chris Eilbeck
MARS Flight Crew http://www.mars.org.uk/

> Hugh Spicer wrote:
>> Can anyone recommend mits/gloves for a one y.o. travelling in baby
>> carrier
>> on back of the bike..... "Normal" mits just get taken off and lost at
>> every
>> opportunity ! Any advice welcome !

> The ones with string going up one sleeve and down the other.

Ah memories of the little red mitts, complete with red string that Nathan
used to wear when he was a tot in the bike seat :)

he had some blue ones too...

Cheers, helen s

wafflycat wrote:

> Ah memories of the little red mitts, complete with red string that
> Nathan used to wear when he was a tot in the bike seat :)

Yep, I blinked and our two tots had turned into a couple of teenagers.

--
Tony

Anon

wafflycat wrote:
> "Tony Raven" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Hugh Spicer wrote:
> >> Can anyone recommend mits/gloves for a one y.o. travelling in baby
> >> carrier
> >> on back of the bike..... "Normal" mits just get taken off and lost at
> >> every
> >> opportunity ! Any advice welcome !

> > The ones with string going up one sleeve and down the other.
> >

> Ah memories of the little red mitts, complete with red string that Nathan
> used to wear when he was a tot in the bike seat :)
>
> he had some blue ones too...

Being from a family who like sailing, we had one red one and one green
one.

Lee Ho!

...d

Chris Eilbeck wrote:
> Tony Raven <[email protected]> writes:

>>The ones with string going up one sleeve and down the other.

> Idiot mittens?

I terribly resented not being trusted to not lose my gloves as a
child and refused such aids. I lost my gloves on at least one
occasion.

Though individual wrist loops rather than a line threaded through
the coat, I'm now a happy user on my mountain gloves and mitts.
Can ruin your day, and possibly lose you a hand, if you drop one at
the wrong time winter climbing or the like. You'd be an idiot not
to use them, in fact!

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK

On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 20:52:11 +0100, wafflycat wrote:

> Ah memories of the little red mitts, complete with red string that Nathan
> used to wear when he was a tot in the bike seat :)
>
> he had some blue ones too...

I used to spin mine around and pretend to be an twin engined aeroplane. Ah,
to be 25 again...

--
***My real address is m/ike at u/nmusic d/ot co dot u/k (removing /s)
http://www.unmusic.co.uk - about me, music, geek sitcom etc.

On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 20:28:55 +0100, Tony Raven wrote:

> The ones with string going up one sleeve and down the other.

Where you can pull one glove and they punch themselves with the other hand?
:)

Graeme

Hugh Spicer wrote:
> Can anyone recommend mits/gloves for a one y.o. travelling in baby carrier
> on back of the bike..... "Normal" mits just get taken off and lost at every
> opportunity ! Any advice welcome !

smallish adult socks. You can get coats which have a flap on the end
of the sleeve that can be tucked over the hands. A rain poncho over
the whole seat (keeps the wind off hands). A warmer coat (is it
actually cold enough fro chilly hands to be uncomfortable if the body
is warm enough?). A trailer

best wishes
james