Mixing it

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Botaferro, Jun 24, 2003.

1. Botaferro

Botaferro New Member

Is it possible to be a competitive mountain biker mixing sports all year (cycling 4 times a week and boxing 2 times a week), or should i forget the boxing stuff? I only compete in mtb, but i love Boxing and i don't realy want to drop it...

Tags:

2. RalleighOke

RalleighOke New Member

Let me think....:confused:

The free wind in your hair, speeds in excess of 60km/h. The fresh moring breeze. Hearing the birds. :p

VS.

A bell sound, getting the living daylights hit out of you, black eyes, cuts.:(

Nope biking...definetly. PS. Why not take a fall now and again....same effect as boxing, sometimes you even look worse.

If you feel you can do it, go for it. Remember Jonty Rhodes ... a SA Cricket Player...Well, he is/was (not sure) in the SA Mens Hockey team as well.

3. MGSuarez

MGSuarez New Member

I have the same problem. I train in Muay Thai (Thai Kickboxing) Those days are basically Anaerobic days. Whick makes it really hard to recover for the bike. I am still trying to figure out a good schedule.

4. Botaferro

Botaferro New Member

I don't really fight, it's more like hiting the bag and shadow boxing. Only the moves are from broxing, but in the realitty it's like a hi intensity aerobic class...

5. Scaro

Scaro New Member

well, I try to lift weights and run besides and as a part of training to be in the better condition to ride anda have fun with my mtb.
    What I do is leave 3 days a week to ride.