Mixing Whey Protein with Fruit

Discussion in 'Health Nutrition and Supplements' started by almarzouqi1, Mar 16, 2013.

1. almarzouqi1

almarzouqi1 New Member

Hi Guys ... I would like to know if the mixing Whey protein with ( 2 Banana, 10 almond, one spoon of Honey, one spoon of whey protein, and some water), I'm doing that just to change the taste ... What do u thinks ?

Tags:

2. Dave Cutter

Dave Cutter Active Member

I don't know if I'd mix real food with Whey. Why not some other food-flavored power of some sort?

That's just humor.... of course. I am not a big fan of the waste milk solids (fat), as a human food. Not because it doesn't taste great... but because it isn't real [human] food. Not that whey power doesn't contain some perfectly edible milk fat protein. I am sure the power has everything the label says it has. But highly processed food products aren't complete foods... IMHO.

Why not make a nice smoothie with some milk and fruit? No powers or factory processed crap that has been warehoused for... who knows how long. Just real food. Or maybe.... and this is a totally new idea... just eat some fruit and drink some milk.

Don't pay any attention to me.... sorry.

3. nitricoxide

nitricoxide New Member

I think it is a great idea. I mix berries, bananas, and other fruits with whey protein all the time.

4. melkor1

melkor1 New Member

Whey is a by product of cheese production. And considering how much processing is involved in milk production it's not the most natural food.

5. Kakashi

Kakashi Active Member

I prefer eating natural but I guess mixing whey protein powder with other natural foods like nuts, berries and milk ain't bad. If it has healthy ingredients and tastes good then continue with it.

6. treecko142

treecko142 Active Member

I mix mine too with some fruits just to add a different flavor to it, and they are natural sources of sugar so it isn't so bad to add these ingredients.

7. Kakashi

Kakashi Active Member

If you're objective is to build muscles and mass then Whey Protein Powder is an effective supplement. And anything natural and nutritious can be added in to it augmenting it's benefits. Adding fresh fruits would give you different flavors, vitamins and minerals while enjoying the different tastes.

8. Steve5

Steve5 Member

I don't like whey protein. I prefer drinking non-fat milk. It's great for every day work. I drink it to replenish hydration while enjoying it.

9. reighn

reighn Member

I think that's a good idea, creating, and mixing some ingredients to have delicious and more nutritious whey protein. This is actually very interesting and I think helpful to include the fruits to whey protein.

10. ballyhara

ballyhara Member

Absolutely, in fact that's what I like to do too. I'm lactose intolerant, so I have to eat lactose free dairies, usually they don't taste as good as the regular milk, or maybe I'm too picky about it. Anyway, when you add whey protein and fruit, taste changes completely, and honestly that's a great shake. You can find thousands of delicious recipes on YouTube, and they even calculate calories and suggested amounts, so that way you can worry free about weight.

11. Henrywrites

Henrywrites Member

As long as it is great for your body, then there's nothing wrong with taking it. I have come to notice that when we are taking some fruits that are mixed, getting across to the doctors first is very important on it.

12. Henrywrites

Henrywrites Member

The allergy is something that others are talking about, but I believe that there is need to understand that there are others that are not really fine with taking lactose milk as well.