MIXTE to BENT[Metamorph]

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Bill B, Mar 22, 2003.

  1. Bill B

    Bill B Guest

    Got the RANS seat base mounted.Cut seat tube off ,added some square stock,bent down rear stays and
    re brazed. Starting work on seat back. Seat stays will be RANS flutes which will attach to a U that
    is yet to be cut,notched and brazed in the mid area of the seat back. Thinking about using a flip it
    and quill? thing from power on cycle. Boom tube and bottom bracket bla bla bla are next.Think I will
    eliminate the original upright pedals and bottom bracket and go for a direct chain to the rear wheel
    using idlers. Got three pics of the bike in the morph stage.Take a look. Let me know whatcha think.
    Feel free to make suggestions. I've already coasted down the alley with no back rest and it seems
    like its going to be OK.Time will tell though.Any way I'm having fun giving it a go. Pics can be
    seen at http://community.webshots.com/user/recumbentbill look for MIXTE BENT

    Tags:

  2. Shwackman

    Shwackman Guest

    Bill, who told you that was a mixte?

  3. Bill B

    Bill B Guest

    [email protected] (Shwackman) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Bill, who told you that was a mixte?
    Shwack: Looks a heck of a lot like this Mixte by Cannondale

  4. Bill B

    Bill B Guest

  5. Unfortunately, Bill, that style of Cannondale is not what most people refer to as a 'mixte'.

    Typically, on a mixte, the top 'down tube' is a double tube the extends all the way to the rear
    dropout (and the 2 tubes are only about 1/2" dia.)

    Lewis.

    http://home.earthlink.net/~limeylew/index.html

    news:<[email protected]>...