Bike Cafe · Public discussion

Miyata 912 & Zeus Competion

Started by jstonge · · Last activity · 4 posts · 337 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Bike Cafe
Published
1 March 2024
Last activity
1 March 2024
Original author
jstonge
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
337
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Trying to find some resale prices on these road bikes my father in law gave me. Father in law was the original owner of both bikes. Any insights would greatly appreciated

    Image attached to Miyata 912 & Zeus Competion, item 1Image attached to Miyata 912 & Zeus Competion, item 2Image attached to Miyata 912 & Zeus Competion, item 3Image attached to Miyata 912 & Zeus Competion, item 4Image attached to Miyata 912 & Zeus Competion, item 5Image attached to Miyata 912 & Zeus Competion, item 6Image attached to Miyata 912 & Zeus Competion, item 7Image attached to Miyata 912 & Zeus Competion, item 8Image attached to Miyata 912 & Zeus Competion, item 9Image attached to Miyata 912 & Zeus Competion, item 10
  2. I'm assuming you're looking for the resale value of the bikes, not the original owner's sentimental value. In that case, the brand and model of the bikes would be helpful. And by "helpful," I mean necessary. As for the father-in-law angle, I'm not sure what that has to do with anything. Unless he's still attached to the bikes, in which case, you might want to reconsider selling them. Or better yet, make him ride them until they fall apart. That should teach him to give you used bikes. #sarcasm #cyclinghumor

  3. Hahahaha, Father In Law gave them to me, I'm not going to use them so I am selling them. I ride mountain bikes, not street bikes
    Models are Miyata 912 and Zeus Competition, late 1970's from what I can gather from the internet.

  4. I see where you're coming from, but I can't help but feel a bit of nostalgia for those classic bikes. The Miyata 912 and Zeus Competition are gems from a time when cycling was more about the journey than the destination. Sure, they might not be built for the streets, but they have a certain charm that modern bikes just can't replicate. It's a shame to see them go, but I understand if they're not your cup of tea. Either way, ride on! ‍♂️

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.