Miyata or KH

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by bigjohn_117, Jun 26, 2005.

  1. bigjohn_117

    bigjohn_117 Guest

    Tags:

  2. James_Potter

    James_Potter Guest

    I don't know who would say Miyata is uncomfortable for seat out....I
    think it's much better than the KH for that. The KH is big and bulky,
    so it can be hard to pull it out of or put it back in between your legs.
    The Miyata is smaller, and lighter, so it's obviously better for seat
    out skills.

    --
    James_Potter - betcha can't stick it!

  3. juggle508

    juggle508 Guest

    I have a KH and it is great... It is kinda bulky for seat out hopping. I
    don't believe i heard a miyata being uncomfortable for seat out.

    --
    juggle508 - Extreme UNIcyclist

    If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.
    juggle508's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6701

  4. I've heard the frame underneath can be sharp and hurt your hand but that
    can be solved with some rubber hosing and some tape.

    --
    TylerHeartless - jud jud FRANK!

    There is a difference between living and existing.
    TylerHeartless's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9797

  5. roadkill

    roadkill Guest

    I have both the KH and Miyata seats.
    For seat out...the Miyata all the way. The KH is very bulky and curved ;
    The Miyata is designed for freestyle, and I have always found it to be
    comfortable.

    --
    roadkill - Crash Test Dummy

    " Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines. "
    roadkill's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9784

  6. leeman180

    leeman180 Guest

    I havn't tried out a Miyata seat yet, but my cut-down KH Fusion seat is
    perfect for seat out. And it is still plenty comfortable to sit on, if
    not more comfy than it was before.

    | Attachment filename: p1010029.sized.jpg |
    |Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/330728|

    leeman180 - i should be out riding

    'My Gallery' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Lees-Uni-Stuff) - last
    updated 5/20/05
    leeman180's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8441

  7. dogbowl

    dogbowl Guest

    KH? Forget em--to big and brick-like.
    Miyata? Forget those too--very wimpy.
    There is one saddle I do recommend.
    Savage. Outstanding comfort like you would not believe....

    :D Just kidding!
    Seriously, I have always used the KH, but already I am sitting here with
    a 20" tube trying to improvise an air seat, so maybe in the long run, a
    miyata-style airseat is the way to go....

    --
    dogbowl - Member, Sun28 appreciation Society

    So I ride a Sun 28. You gotta problem with that?

    All I want out of life is to be able to ride the unicycle while smoking
    a cigar at the same time. Is that too much to ask for?
    www.dogbowl.com / www.eyeballplanet.com

    dogbowl's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6629

  8. Catboy

    Catboy Guest

    I love both saddles, I have a miyata with halfair/half foam with a
    stiffener plate and kinpiort for trials, and its super cushy, and
    awesoem for freestyle and distance as well.
    I havea Kh Fusion on my muni and it performs excellently, although I did
    have to lean the saddle as far upwards as possible, to accomodate long
    rides.

    Both make excellent saddles and are easily customizable. Go with what
    fit's your budget.

    --
    Catboy - I enjoy the taste of dirt!!!

    'I have the amazing power to talk to cats! =^.^='
    (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Catboy)

  9. Schmidty563

    Schmidty563 Guest

    leeman thats a cool seat nice job on the cuts
    i would go with a kh seat cuz theyre really nice and strong and jsut
    good seats

    --
    Schmidty563 - fearless unicyclist

    dude, unicycling is awesome
    Schmidty563's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9867

  10. leeman180

    leeman180 Guest

    Schmidty563 wrote:
    > *leeman thats a cool seat nice job on the cuts
    > *

    Thank you, but it was Kaycee (KacTheAcy) that helped me cut it. He did a
    master job on the cutting, even with a dull bread knife.

    TylerHeartless wrote:
    > *leeman about how much did you cut off that's looks so perfect. *

    We cut off around a 3/8" of the foam, from the middle of the foam, so
    there were two cuts. We did this so the top of the seat would hold its
    shape. I can take a picture of the foam that was cut out tomorrow to
    give you more of an idea if that would help.

    --
    leeman180 - i should be out riding

    'My Gallery' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Lees-Uni-Stuff) - last
    updated 5/20/05
    leeman180's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8441

  11. kapoute

    kapoute Guest

    I dont know about the miyata but I just broke my kh fusion saddle in 2
    months.
    So I would sugest the miyata

    --
    kapoute - Street/Trial unicyclist

    « Don't try it, do it » - Yoda

    Julien Renaud

    kapoute's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8060

  12. bigjohn_117

    bigjohn_117 Guest

    have any suggestions about the tubing. what size tubing? how to install
    it? thanks

    John

    :D Just kidding!
    Seriously, I have always used the KH, but already I am sitting here with
    a 20" tube trying to improvise an air seat, so maybe in the long run, a
    miyata-style airseat is the way to go.... [/B]

    --
    bigjohn_117
    bigjohn_117's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9882

  13. lleberg

    lleberg Guest

    I have.. one Kh, one ONZA and one unicycle.com seat.. in other words, 3
    velo seats, 2 with handles in front, and all with diferent printings on
    the back..

    It would be nice to have a miyata for my freestyle uni..
    But i got my velo-seat for free from Peter at unicycle.se so i just
    don't need a new saddle anymore, pity ;)

    --
    lleberg - Can you ride that.. thing?

    I <3 my unicycle!
    lleberg's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8272

  14. hecklar

    hecklar Guest

    If you search the forum, you'll find about a billion posts with this
    general opinion:

    Trials - 100% Miyata
    Freestyle - 100% Miyata
    Street - 80% Miyata, 20% KH
    Muni - 100% KH
    Commuter - 100% KH

    You'll notice that the styles are in the increasing order of how much
    time your ass is actually on the saddle, and the saddle preference
    reflects this (Miyata = agility; KH = comfort).

    Note: these results don't consider the Koxx 1 Gel saddle, which isn't
    available in N. America as of yet. It seems like a perfect saddle for
    street riding, and i'll be all over it when it becomes available. I
    ride a Miyata on my Street uni, and a KH on my 26" Commuter uni. Both
    of them are great for their purpose.

    --
    hecklar - Street Rider (Level 4)
    hecklar's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6917