    I'm currently in a pair of Asics Landreth that are a couple weeks old
    and they seem to be OK. I'm thinking I'd like to try a little more
    cushioning and maybe something in the Mizuno line. The Mizuno site, the
    Roadrunner site and a couple of reviews I've read don't seem to nail
    down how the Nirvana fits into the lineup. Or when one might be
    recommended to go with the Rider over the Creation or vice versa. Other
    than ordering all three and then returning two, any guidance in this?

    Tags:

  2. On 2004-09-30, Dadathome <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I'm currently in a pair of Asics Landreth that are a couple weeks old
    > and they seem to be OK. I'm thinking I'd like to try a little more
    > cushioning and maybe something in the Mizuno line. The Mizuno site, the
    > Roadrunner site and a couple of reviews I've read don't seem to nail
    > down how the Nirvana fits into the lineup.

    Nirvana is either a stability or MC shoe.

    > Or when one might be
    > recommended to go with the Rider over the Creation or vice versa. Other
    > than ordering all three and then returning two, any guidance in this?

    The rider isn't going to have much more cushioning than the landreth -- in
    fact it's a similar shoe from what I know of the landreth (it's certainly
    got less heel cushioning than the Asics Cumulus or Nimbus). The rider is
    on the light end of the spectrum, solid forefoot cushioning but not as much
    on the heels. So you're probably better off with the wave creation.

    Cheers,
    --
    Donovan Rebbechi
    http://pegasus.rutgers.edu/~elflord/

  3. Dadathome

    Dadathome Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    Donovan Rebbechi <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Nirvana is either a stability or MC shoe.
    >
    > > Or when one might be
    > > recommended to go with the Rider over the Creation or vice versa. Other
    > > than ordering all three and then returning two, any guidance in this?

    > The rider isn't going to have much more cushioning than the landreth -- in
    > fact it's a similar shoe from what I know of the landreth (it's certainly
    > got less heel cushioning than the Asics Cumulus or Nimbus). The rider is
    > on the light end of the spectrum, solid forefoot cushioning but not as much
    > on the heels. So you're probably better off with the wave creation.

    Thank you Donovan - I was hoping you'd offer your Mizuno experience.

  4. Wake

    Wake Guest

    Dadathome wrote:

    > Am looking for a second pair of choos. In the neutral arena. I stand 6',
    > weigh just under 170, currently at 5 days/wk for 16 miles with my goal
    > for a month or two out to be at a consistent 20mpw. I'll likely stay
    > there for a while as I work on getting a bit faster.
    >
    > I'm currently in a pair of Asics Landreth that are a couple weeks old
    > and they seem to be OK. I'm thinking I'd like to try a little more
    > cushioning and maybe something in the Mizuno line. The Mizuno site, the
    > Roadrunner site and a couple of reviews I've read don't seem to nail
    > down how the Nirvana fits into the lineup. Or when one might be
    > recommended to go with the Rider over the Creation or vice versa. Other
    > than ordering all three and then returning two, any guidance in this?

    I switched from the Creation to the Rider without really noticing a
    difference, beside the price drop and lower weight. However, I'm around
    155. The Creation is definitely a sturdier shoe and might be a better
    choice until you get a few more miles of experience. Love the Mizuno fit.

    --
    Wake

  5. Etherized

    Etherized Guest

    << Wake >>

    From the dead,
    or waves ripple?
    O, gee, that tickles...

    _______
    <A
    HREF="http://journals.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo">http://journal
    s.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo</A>

  6. Etherized

    Etherized Guest

    << nail
    down how the Nirvana fits into the lineup. Or when one might be
    recommended to go with the Rider over the Creation or vice versa >>

    Recto,
    Or verso?
    Anal-
    Ize intent.
    Pay the rent.
    That waht you meant?
    *Smile*
    How many miles
    Up?
    7-Up, Dr. Pepper, or
    A Mountain Dew?
    Morning Wood -- dappled moisture.
    From all, I'm red.
    Plant a garden of verse
    In that flowering bed.

    _______
    <A
    HREF="http://journals.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo">http://journal
    s.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo</A>

  7. Dadathome

    Dadathome Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected]entary (Etherized) wrote:

    > From the dead

    Jerry Garcia;
    My only Dad;
    And millions unknown.
    --
    The problem in this country is that the bar is constantly being lowered;
    we then cheer clearing the bar as a great accomplishment and achievment.

  8. HardwareLust

    HardwareLust Guest

    Wake wrote:
    > I switched from the Creation to the Rider without really noticing a
    > difference, beside the price drop and lower weight. However, I'm
    > around 155. The Creation is definitely a sturdier shoe and might be a
    > better choice until you get a few more miles of experience. Love the
    > Mizuno fit.

    I am not a shoe expert, but I absolutely love my Creations. Not so good for
    the dirt/gravel trails I use sometimes (no traction), but on roads, they're
    the bomb.

    Regards,
    H.

  9. Jim Johnson

    Jim Johnson Guest

    "Dadathome" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Am looking for a second pair of choos. In the neutral arena. I stand 6',
    > weigh just under 170, currently at 5 days/wk for 16 miles with my goal
    > for a month or two out to be at a consistent 20mpw. I'll likely stay
    > there for a while as I work on getting a bit faster.
    >
    > I'm currently in a pair of Asics Landreth that are a couple weeks old
    > and they seem to be OK. I'm thinking I'd like to try a little more
    > cushioning and maybe something in the Mizuno line. The Mizuno site, the
    > Roadrunner site and a couple of reviews I've read don't seem to nail
    > down how the Nirvana fits into the lineup. Or when one might be
    > recommended to go with the Rider over the Creation or vice versa. Other
    > than ordering all three and then returning two, any guidance in this?

    The Nirvana won't be available until after Oct. 15 and it's going to be
    Mizuno's answer to the Asics Kayano. I've been running in a pair since the
    beginning of summer and I'd call it a highly cushioned shoe with medium
    medial support. Definitely not a motion control shoe just by virtue of it's
    shape and flexibility. Another Mizuno shoe you might want to try is the
    Mustang. It has the same midsole height of the Creation but with a firmer
    arch.

    Jim Johnson

  10. MWL

    MWL Guest

    "HardwareLust" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Wake wrote:
    > > I switched from the Creation to the Rider without really noticing a
    > > difference, beside the price drop and lower weight. However, I'm
    > > around 155. The Creation is definitely a sturdier shoe and might be a
    > > better choice until you get a few more miles of experience. Love the
    > > Mizuno fit.

    > I am not a shoe expert, but I absolutely love my Creations.

    OMG, are you God himself???!!!

    MWL

    ----------

    > Not so good for
    > the dirt/gravel trails I use sometimes (no traction), but on roads, they're
    > the bomb.
    >
    > Regards,
    > H.

  11. Alchemized

    Alchemized Guest

    << > I am not a shoe expert, but I absolutely love my Creations.

    OMG, are you God himself???!!!

    MWL >>

    No, but I know her.

    _______
    <A
    HREF="http://journals.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo">http://journal
    s.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo</A>

  12. Wake

    Wake Guest

    Etherized wrote:

    > << Wake >>
    >
    > From the dead,
    > or waves ripple?
    > O, gee, that tickles...
    >
    > _______
    > Blog, or dog? Who knows. But if you see my lost pup, please ping me!
    > <A
    > HREF="http://journals.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo">http://journal
    > s.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo</A>

    Not morbid; doesn't tickle. It's just short for my middle name, Wakeley. I'd
    use my first name, John, but it's likely to draw flies around this group
    too.

    --
    Wake

  13. Etherized

    Etherized Guest

    <<
    Not morbid; doesn't tickle. It's just short for my middle name, Wakeley. I'd
    use my first name, John, but it's likely to draw flies around this group
    too.

    --
    Wake >>

    Fern, that you?
    Rescue me from Morpehus,
    All all this pain?
    I'm so sorry to hear of Wilbuer ~
    I sincerely understand ~
    I, too, lost my precious pup,
    Leonardo, so long ago.
    Still greiving true,
    And deep,
    Life's just a constant,
    Un official Wake for me,
    No mourners, but me,
    Too. I'm sad.
    N =1,
    Don't you know?
    You told me that
    So long ago.

    _______
    <A
    HREF="http://journals.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo">http://journal
    s.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo</A>

  14. Etherized

    Etherized Guest

    << Wakeley. I'd
    use my first name, John >>

    O dear, I did miss John's wake;
    But you know me,
    I have ADD. So did he.
    But he knows how my garden growns...
    Wild weeds tamed, my own traditions.
    From him, I inherited
    "Devils Dictionary."
    Devil Dog, that you!

    _______
    <A
    HREF="http://journals.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo">http://journal
    s.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo</A>

  15. Etherized

    Etherized Guest

    << Life's just a constant, >>

    Find your center,
    Your balance beam of light ~
    The measure of your mean.

    _______
    <A
    HREF="http://journals.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo">http://journal
    s.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo</A>

  16. DadatHome

    DadatHome Guest

    In article <[email protected]_s54>,
    "Jim Johnson" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > The Nirvana won't be available until after Oct. 15 and it's going to be
    > Mizuno's answer to the Asics Kayano. I've been running in a pair since the
    > beginning of summer and I'd call it a highly cushioned shoe with medium
    > medial support. Definitely not a motion control shoe just by virtue of it's
    > shape and flexibility. Another Mizuno shoe you might want to try is the
    > Mustang. It has the same midsole height of the Creation but with a firmer
    > arch.

    Yeah, I knew the Nirvana wouldn't be available for a couple weeks - I
    was looking for just the insider info you gave. Thanks.

    I bought a pair of Creations a week ago and have put a tad over 13 miles
    on them. They feel very good and I don't think I need anything with more
    support or structure. (I tried some Nike Triax 8 and Asics 1090's a few
    weeks back and I felt twinges of pain/discomfort towards the inside of
    my right ankle and up to the inside of my right knee. I also have a
    newish pair of Asics Landreths and neither they nor the Creations cause
    this discomfort. The Landreths seem to have a wider toe area and are
    definitely lighter in weight than the Creations but otherwise they both
    seem to fit my foot and gait.)

    Something interesting the other day - I also picked up a pair of Wright
    CoolMesh socks to check out in place of my JC Penney white cotton crews
    I wear 100% of the time. I'd never felt a cooling breeze *through* a
    shoe before - very different and a pleasant surprise.

  17. DadatHome

    DadatHome Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    "HardwareLust" <no0n[email protected]> wrote:

    > I am not a shoe expert, but I absolutely love my Creations. Not so good for
    > the dirt/gravel trails I use sometimes (no traction), but on roads, they're
    > the bomb.

    Thanks for the input. The pair I just got seem to be just right for me
    and I very well may come to the same opinion as you.

  18. << The pair I just got seem to be just right for me
    and I very well may come to the same opinion as you.

    What pair?

    _______
    <A
    HREF="http://journals.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo">http://journal
    s.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo</A>

  19. << I use sometimes (no traction), but on roads, they're
    > the bomb.

    Thanks for the input. >>

    A track...

    _______
    <A
    HREF="http://journals.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo">http://journal
    s.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo</A>

  20. Lanceandrew

    Lanceandrew Guest

    x> I am not a shoe expert, but I absolutely love my Creations. Not so good for
    the dirt/gravel trails I use sometimes (no traction), but on roads, they're the
    bomb.
    ____

    care for a countering opinion? it's a lousy shoe that is assisting you in
    becoming a less efficient and worse runner. "bomb" is right and they should be
    detonated asap!

    mizuno's patent 4561195 they so proudly emboss on that plastic wave gimmick on
    that model extends from the heel to the toe embedded within the soles the
    length of the entire shoe. as a consequence, the shoe is not flexible, it's
    very engineering/design counters a flexible shoe in the forefoot.

    if you're serious about running and want to become the best runner you can be,
    if you want to run for a lifetime (as long as you can)...you want to eventually
    become a ball/toe striker. you'll be a faster runner, you'll have a longer
    running career, you'll reduce impact on your physical structure.
    The engineering in the Creation works against/counters those seeking to strike
    on the balls of their feet. The shoe is designed to stay stiff (and does a
    good job in staying stiff). You actually have to fight the shoe, to ball
    strike in Creations (due to the single plastic crap running the length of the
    shoe).

    *notice* Mizuno does not design their other models with this same plastic
    technology running the entire length of the shoe. that Mizuno technology
    extends from the heel to the arch....allowing the forefoot to be flexible. i
    have nothing but praises for the Maverick, I have a brand new pair of Mustangs
    I have yet to even lace up sitting right here with me.

    IMO Creations have no business being characterized as a "cushion" running shoe
    and belong in the Motion Control category right next to Beast and all the other
    "bricks" with laces you can buy.

    It took me approx. 75-85 miles before I even got Creations broken in. They're
    like SUVs of running shoes....inefficient, clumsy with a huge-o-mongous
    platform they're built on incredibly wider than any other shoe on the market,
    including all the motion control anchors out there.

    I'm looking at these SOB's right now...and after 400 mile they still are not
    flexible. I've not ran in them in a year and use them as walk around shoe
    now. However I would not reccommend any level of runner buy a shoe that
    prevents you from ultimately migrating to becoming better as a runner....and
    that's what Creations do. There are other cushion shoes out there that have
    flexibility in the forefoot...hell...Mizuno makes other models that serve you
    better (even you hoofers)...

    Not a shoe pro/expert....but I've bought a lot of running shoes, I am hard on
    shoes, I buy'em all...NB/Asics/Miz, even Saucs, and I will buy Nikes only in
    flats and Adiddas for trails.