Mizuno Wave Rider - Mizuno Alchemy

Cajunman

Guest
Tried on Mizuno Wave Rider & Mizuno Alchemy & had a good fit. Never ran in Mizuno's. Would like to
some feedback on Mizuno Wave Rider & Mizuno Alchemy. CAJUNMAN

In article <[email protected]>, cajunman wrote:
> Tried on Mizuno Wave Rider & Mizuno Alchemy & had a good fit. Never ran in Mizuno's. Would like to
> some feedback on Mizuno Wave Rider & Mizuno Alchemy.

I have the Wave Rider. I use it for speedwork and racing. The shoe is a nice middle-ground between
the typical lightweight trainer (Mizuno Wave Precision, Nike Spiridon, Asics Verdict/DS Trainer) and
the "normal" cushioned shoes.

Alchemy is a stability shoe, rider is a cushioning shoe. Go with whichever suits your arch/pronation
type better.

Cheers,

cajunman wrote:

> Tried on Mizuno Wave Rider & Mizuno Alchemy & had a good fit. Never ran in Mizuno's. Would like to
> some feedback on Mizuno Wave Rider & Mizuno Alchemy. CAJUNMAN

I switched from Creations to the Rider, and I like the Rider better. Don't know exactly why. It's
also cheaper and lighter. I was afraid of the lighter shoe, but I've run several 10+ mile runs
without problems. However, I'm not heavy (160lbs). I'm hooked on Mizunos. I credit the arch support
with helping to cure a two-year bout with plantar fasciitis.

--
Wake

I stumbled/jogged/drank my way through the Medoc marathon in a pair of
these. I like them a lot tho' I don't think they're quite cushioned enough
for me on runs of over 20 miles/over 4½ hours. That being said, I was able
to walk the streets of Bordeaux all next day, and had no soreness or
discomfort anywhere. So the Rider gets my vote (and I'll be buying another
pair come spring)
"cajunman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Tried on Mizuno Wave Rider & Mizuno Alchemy & had a good fit. Never ran in Mizuno's. Would like to
> some feedback on Mizuno Wave Rider & Mizuno Alchemy. CAJUNMAN

"cajunman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Tried on Mizuno Wave Rider & Mizuno Alchemy & had a good fit. Never ran in Mizuno's. Would like to
> some feedback on Mizuno Wave Rider & Mizuno Alchemy.

Two completely different shoes. The Rider is a lower midsole, lightweight-neutral shoe and the
Alchemy is a very stable, motion control-light shoe. Did a salesclerk pick these for you or did you
pick them off the wall yourself?

Jim Johnson

> In article <[email protected]>, cajunman wrote:
> > Tried on Mizuno Wave Rider & Mizuno Alchemy & had a good fit. Never ran in Mizuno's. Would like
> > to some feedback on Mizuno Wave Rider & Mizuno Alchemy.

As long as it's not nike you'll do ok.

Donovan Rebbechi <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Alchemy is a stability shoe, rider is a cushioning shoe. Go with whichever suits your
> arch/pronation type better.

So how do these models fare on your cute little treadmill jogs Donovan?

In article <[email protected]>, The Messiah wrote:
> Donovan Rebbechi <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
>> Alchemy is a stability shoe, rider is a cushioning shoe. Go with whichever suits your
>> arch/pronation type better.
>
> So how do these models fare on your cute little treadmill jogs Donovan?

As I said in the other post, I use them for racing and speed work. I do neither of these on the
treadmill. However, I think they'd be fine for treadmill running.

Buddy Guy wrote:
> I love "block sender".

Dingbat. A fat lot of good that will do you. Bill can morph faster that you can say "Nikes suck".

Welcome to rec.running by the way. ;-)

Tim

--
Remove the obvious to reply by email.

In article <[email protected]>, Tim Downie wrote:
> Buddy Guy wrote:
>> I love "block sender".
>
> Dingbat. A fat lot of good that will do you. Bill can morph faster that you can say "Nikes suck".

A while ago, you could just block verizon. Now he uses those google/yahoo accounts, but the headers
still contain the IP addresses for Verizon DSL, so one can use those.