Mizuno Wave Rider - Mizuno Alchemy

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Cajunman, Dec 14, 2003.

  1. Cajunman

    Cajunman Guest

    Tried on Mizuno Wave Rider & Mizuno Alchemy & had a good fit. Never ran in Mizuno's. Would like to
    some feedback on Mizuno Wave Rider & Mizuno Alchemy. CAJUNMAN

    Tags:

  2. In article <[email protected]>, cajunman wrote:
    > Tried on Mizuno Wave Rider & Mizuno Alchemy & had a good fit. Never ran in Mizuno's. Would like to
    > some feedback on Mizuno Wave Rider & Mizuno Alchemy.

    I have the Wave Rider. I use it for speedwork and racing. The shoe is a nice middle-ground between
    the typical lightweight trainer (Mizuno Wave Precision, Nike Spiridon, Asics Verdict/DS Trainer) and
    the "normal" cushioned shoes.

    Alchemy is a stability shoe, rider is a cushioning shoe. Go with whichever suits your arch/pronation
    type better.

    Cheers,

  3. cajunman wrote:

    > Tried on Mizuno Wave Rider & Mizuno Alchemy & had a good fit. Never ran in Mizuno's. Would like to
    > some feedback on Mizuno Wave Rider & Mizuno Alchemy. CAJUNMAN

    I switched from Creations to the Rider, and I like the Rider better. Don't know exactly why. It's
    also cheaper and lighter. I was afraid of the lighter shoe, but I've run several 10+ mile runs
    without problems. However, I'm not heavy (160lbs). I'm hooked on Mizunos. I credit the arch support
    with helping to cure a two-year bout with plantar fasciitis.

    --
    Wake

  4. I stumbled/jogged/drank my way through the Medoc marathon in a pair of
    these. I like them a lot tho' I don't think they're quite cushioned enough
    for me on runs of over 20 miles/over 4½ hours. That being said, I was able
    to walk the streets of Bordeaux all next day, and had no soreness or
    discomfort anywhere. So the Rider gets my vote (and I'll be buying another
    pair come spring)
    "cajunman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Tried on Mizuno Wave Rider & Mizuno Alchemy & had a good fit. Never ran in Mizuno's. Would like to
    > some feedback on Mizuno Wave Rider & Mizuno Alchemy. CAJUNMAN

  5. Jim Johnson

    Jim Johnson Guest

    "cajunman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Tried on Mizuno Wave Rider & Mizuno Alchemy & had a good fit. Never ran in Mizuno's. Would like to
    > some feedback on Mizuno Wave Rider & Mizuno Alchemy.

    Two completely different shoes. The Rider is a lower midsole, lightweight-neutral shoe and the
    Alchemy is a very stable, motion control-light shoe. Did a salesclerk pick these for you or did you
    pick them off the wall yourself?

    Jim Johnson

  6. The Messiah

    The Messiah Guest

    > In article <[email protected]>, cajunman wrote:
    > > Tried on Mizuno Wave Rider & Mizuno Alchemy & had a good fit. Never ran in Mizuno's. Would like
    > > to some feedback on Mizuno Wave Rider & Mizuno Alchemy.

    As long as it's not nike you'll do ok.

  7. The Messiah

    The Messiah Guest

    Donovan Rebbechi <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Alchemy is a stability shoe, rider is a cushioning shoe. Go with whichever suits your
    > arch/pronation type better.

    So how do these models fare on your cute little treadmill jogs Donovan?

  8. The Messiah

    The Messiah Guest

  9. In article <[email protected]>, The Messiah wrote:
    > Donovan Rebbechi <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    >> Alchemy is a stability shoe, rider is a cushioning shoe. Go with whichever suits your
    >> arch/pronation type better.
    >
    > So how do these models fare on your cute little treadmill jogs Donovan?

    As I said in the other post, I use them for racing and speed work. I do neither of these on the
    treadmill. However, I think they'd be fine for treadmill running.

  10. The Messiah

    The Messiah Guest

  11. Buddy Guy

    Buddy Guy Guest

  12. Tim Downie

    Tim Downie Guest

    Buddy Guy wrote:
    > I love "block sender".

    Dingbat. A fat lot of good that will do you. Bill can morph faster that you can say "Nikes suck".

    Welcome to rec.running by the way. ;-)

    Tim

    --
    Remove the obvious to reply by email.

  13. In article <[email protected]>, Tim Downie wrote:
    > Buddy Guy wrote:
    >> I love "block sender".
    >
    > Dingbat. A fat lot of good that will do you. Bill can morph faster that you can say "Nikes suck".

    A while ago, you could just block verizon. Now he uses those google/yahoo accounts, but the headers
    still contain the IP addresses for Verizon DSL, so one can use those.