MLMs revisited

Hotmoon

Guest
Some time ago I wrote in general against multilevel
marketing, saying that they tend to be dishonest because of
the layers, and someone accused me of wanting to block other
people's honest efforts to get ahead. This afternoon, I just
thought of one of the main problems with this someone's
idea. With MLMs, you are either being taken advantage of by
others, or else you are taking advantage of other people, or
perhaps both. Since perhaps only 1/6th of all the products
marketed by MLMs are worth a ****, what I just said is
5/6ths of the way towards the truth end of the true/false
continuum. Most of what MLMs are about are pyramid schemes.
If it is OK with you to take advantage of other people, go
right ahead. But watch out, you could be the one being taken
advantage of. What you do to others is what happens to you,
eventually.

"hotmoon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Some time ago I wrote in general against multilevel
> marketing, saying that they tend to be dishonest because
> of the layers, and someone accused me of wanting to block
> other people's honest efforts to get ahead. This
> afternoon, I just thought of one of the main problems with
> this someone's idea. With MLMs, you are either being taken
> advantage of by others, or else you are taking advantage
> of other people, or perhaps both. Since perhaps only 1/6th
> of all the products marketed by MLMs are worth a ****,
> what I just said is 5/6ths of the way towards the truth
> end of the true/false continuum. Most of what MLMs are
> about are pyramid schemes. If it is OK with you to take
> advantage of other people, go right ahead. But watch out,
> you could be the one being taken advantage of. What you do
> to others is what happens to you, eventually.

I think you are dead on target here. But remember, you have
just shot down some other people's pet theory. Actually, you
just pointed out what happens in real life.

--
"The emperor is naked!"
"No he isn't, he's merely endorsing a clothing-optional lifestyle!"

to email me
Please remove "all your clothes"

Doug

Hotmoon

> With MLMs, you are either being taken advantage of by
> others, or else you are taking advantage of other people,
> or perhaps both.

Why wouldn't this be equally true of any buy/sell
situation? In almost every case, each feels as though
they will gain more than they give up, or the transaction
would not be made. It's called capitalism, and it works
very well.

> Since perhaps only 1/6th of all the products marketed
> by > MLMs
are worth a ****

I'd probably agree with you about that. I'd say the same
thing about almost any kind of store or catalog.

Your message seems to me to say nothing at all unique to
MLM. It's just another way of doing business. If you
don't like it, just don't participate. I personally avoid
any type of high pressure sales and anything advertised
in a way that insults my intelligence, even if I might
otherwise buy the product.

marvin

Reply to: [email protected] Using Virtual Access
Windows 2000 build 2600

"hotmoon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Some time ago I wrote in general against multilevel
> marketing, saying that they tend to be dishonest because
> of the layers, and someone accused me of wanting to block
> other people's honest efforts to get ahead. This
> afternoon, I just thought of one of the main problems with
> this someone's idea. With MLMs, you are either being taken
> advantage of by others, or else you are taking advantage
> of other people, or perhaps both. Since perhaps only 1/6th
> of all the products marketed by MLMs are worth a ****,
> what I just said is 5/6ths of the way towards the truth
> end of the true/false continuum. Most of what MLMs are
> about are pyramid schemes. If it is OK with you to take
> advantage of other people, go right ahead. But watch out,
> you could be the one being taken advantage of. What you do
> to others is what happens to you, eventually.

you get a 'A" on this. Now, try to work on other areas.