Mmm.... Strawberries :-)

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Chris French, Jun 8, 2003.

  1. Chris French

    Chris French Guest

    Ignoring today's rain yesterday was a lovely sunny day round here with just a bit of a breeze.

    Went out with Elinor (2y3m) in the trailer for an afternoon ride, tootled off along the back of the
    Chevin then down into Otley for lunch
    - bought the first lot of English Strawberries of the year - we had about half each - in comparison
    to our sizes Elinor must have been well stuffed- though she did give Daddy the big ones :)

    The strawberries were very yummy, but I'm sure the fact that a bit of cycling had been done made
    them even yummier.

    As anyone familiar without he area will know the only problem left is the climb backup out of Otley
    towards Leeds. The main road is mostly straight and seems to on up and up for ever. Heading east
    though Pool and then climbing back up is my preferred option, but a couple of 1 in 7's (or more)
    with 25kg +of kiddie and trailer ain't fun - and even pushing isn't easy.

    But we did a nice 30 miles, which is about as much as we've ever done , and then had fresh local
    Asparagus for tea.

    Sometime life is just right :)
    --
    Chris French, Leeds

    Tags:

  2. In article <[email protected]>, chris French <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Ignoring today's rain yesterday was a lovely sunny day round here with just a bit of a breeze.
    >
    >Went out with Elinor (2y3m) in the trailer for an afternoon ride, tootled off along the back of the
    >Chevin then down into Otley for lunch
    >- bought the first lot of English Strawberries of the year - we had about half each - in comparison
    > to our sizes Elinor must have been well stuffed- though she did give Daddy the big ones :)
    >
    >The strawberries were very yummy, but I'm sure the fact that a bit of cycling had been done made
    >them even yummier.
    >
    >As anyone familiar without he area will know the only problem left is the climb backup out of Otley
    >towards Leeds. The main road is mostly straight and seems to on up and up for ever. Heading east
    >though Pool and then climbing back up is my preferred option, but a couple of 1 in 7's (or more)
    >with 25kg +of kiddie and trailer ain't fun - and even pushing isn't easy.
    >
    >But we did a nice 30 miles, which is about as much as we've ever done , and then had fresh local
    >Asparagus for tea.
    >
    >Sometime life is just right :)

    glad you had a good time. We haven't tried out our trailer yet but might at the weekend if I can
    (gingerly) lower myself back into the saddle then. Might give Pool bank a wide berth to begin
    with tho!!!

    Becka

  3. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    On Tue, 10 Jun 2003 13:08:17 GMT, [email protected] (Becka Currant) wrote:

    >We haven't tried out our trailer yet but might at the weekend if I can (gingerly) lower myself back
    >into the saddle then.

    Hello, you appear to be back!

    Guy
    ===
    dynamic DNS permitting)
    work. Apologies.

  4. Chris French

    Chris French Guest

    In message <[email protected]>, Becka Currant
    <[email protected]> writes
    >In article <[email protected]>, chris French <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >>Ignoring today's rain yesterday was a lovely sunny day round here with just a bit of a breeze.
    >>
    >>Went out with Elinor (2y3m) in the trailer for an afternoon ride,

    snip>

    >>Sometime life is just right :)
    >
    >glad you had a good time. We haven't tried out our trailer yet but might at the weekend if I can
    >(gingerly) lower myself back into the saddle then. Might give Pool bank a wide berth to begin
    >with tho!!!

    :)

    i take it you sorted fitting the baby seat then.?

    It was some while before I took the trailer down into the Wharfe
    Valley, the thought of pulling it back up was enough to put me off.

    Aren't you planning a trip to the Pyrenees in September ? you'll need to get in some practise :)
    --
    Chris French, Leeds