rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

Moab 2005

Started by fluffinator007 · · Last activity · 156 posts · 6,162 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
3 January 2005
Last activity
31 March 2005
Original author
fluffinator007
Posts
156
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
6,162
Views / 30 days
15

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 101–120 of 156
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. MarshallStangle2005 said:

    *Hey Ed I Got A Question. Do They Allow Uni's In The Denver Skate
    Park? My Team And I On Our Way To Moab Will Be Staying The Night In
    Denver And We Wanted To Get Some Video Of Local Spots In Denver And
    Thought The Skate Park Would Be Awesome Video. If They Do Allow Uni's
    Do You Know The Price To Get Into The Skate Park Any Help On This
    Would Be Greatly Appreciated.🙂 *

    I live two hours from Denver, so I haven't been there. I just use the
    skate park here in town. But I think Dave already helped you.

    --
    Ed Hansen - You know you want to be me.

    "I do not know what I may appear to the world, but to myself I seem to
    have been only a boy playing on the sea-shore, and diverting myself in
    now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than
    ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before
    me." (Isaac Newton)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ed Hansen's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6013
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37284

  2. I expect Friday will be fairly free-form; I'm kind of expecting to get
    in in the early afternoon, and maybe go out on the practice loop for a
    bit.

    Saturday is the Slickrock Trail, which should start fairly early in the
    morning (9:00 AM or so) and last all day. (It took us 7 hours in 2003).
    You will not want to do another ride on Saturday after Slickrock.

    Sunday will probably get going between 9:00 and 10:00; some of the
    possible rides, like Porcupine Rim, are also all-day affairs, while
    others, like Amasa Back, are probably shorter. Most of the Sunday rides
    will at least have a shorter option that some people will take; in 2003,
    a group of about 6 just went up to the top of Porcupine Rim and then
    back down the same way, instead of doing the whole long trail.

    --
    tholub - Kinetic Sculptor
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    tholub's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/804
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37284

  3. I have been enlightened! the moab 2005 section of the website was just
    updated, with trail info and everything. It's looking like it's going to
    be insanely great.

    Man, I'm soooo pumped, and it's still like a month away.

    --
    Fuego - Unicycle Ninja

    "Unicycling is more about the center of concentration than the center of
    balance."

    'OneWheelNinjaSquad' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/OneWheelNinjaSquad)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Fuego's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6983
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37284

  4. Fuego said:

    *It's looking like it's going to be insanely great.

    Man, I'm soooo pumped, and it's still like a month away.

    *

    Me too.😄

    We will probally get there thursday late afternoon.

    Also,it looks like we will not get to go to the bar-m chuck wagon or the
    sezchaun(sp.?)dinners due to costs.will we be missing anything TOO
    important?

    --
    forrestunifreak - Putting the "f" back in freak

    Old school.new school.Im the bus driver.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    forrestunifreak's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6828
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37284

  5. forrestunifreak said:

    *Also,it looks like we will not get to go to the bar-m chuck wagon or
    the sezchaun(sp.?)dinners due to costs.will we be missing anything TOO
    important? *

    Yes! If you miss the Bar-M chuckwagon, you will never learn why it is
    important to grab your plate under the applesauce compartment. And
    you'll miss the chance to get cool prizes, including the always popular
    "open season on the prize table" that happens after all the actual
    winners have gotten their stuff.

    Start saving now...it's worth the price and frankly it's not a bad
    feed.

    Sezcuan place is more of a crapshoot IMHO. It's a fun hang, but the food
    is so-so at best-best.

    --
    tomblackwood - Registered Nurtz

    Tailgate at your own risk.....

    "By George! The man's a genius!"
    Murde Mental

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    tomblackwood's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3762
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37284

  6. Heey, another question, how fast do the shirts go away? my dad just
    mailed our form, and it didn't have a shirt for me ordered or whatever.

    --
    Fuego - Unicycle Ninja

    "Unicycling is more about the center of concentration than the center of
    balance."

    'OneWheelNinjaSquad' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/OneWheelNinjaSquad)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Fuego's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6983
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37284

  7. Fuego said:

    *Heey, another question, how fast do the shirts go away? my dad just
    mailed our form, and it didn't have a shirt for me ordered or
    whatever. *

    Yeah,me too.If theirs any left when i get there I miiiiggghhhtt get a
    shirt.maybe.

    did you get a Muni yet,fuego?

    --
    forrestunifreak - Putting the "f" back in freak

    Old school.new school.Im the bus driver.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    forrestunifreak's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6828
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37284

  8. Fuego said:

    *Heey, another question, how fast do the shirts go away? my dad just
    mailed our form, and it didn't have a shirt for me ordered or
    whatever. *

    I know the last two years there were extras at the end, but I wouldn't
    count on that, or on the extra being in your correct size.

    For sake of courtesy to Rolf to help him minimize his out of pocket, if
    you want one you should send him an email and ask him to order an extra
    in your size and you'll pay him in Moab. Use the zadig email address
    that is listed on the moab muni fest website.

    --
    tomblackwood - Registered Nurtz

    Tailgate at your own risk.....

    "By George! The man's a genius!"
    Murde Mental

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    tomblackwood's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3762
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37284

  9. Ok. I just might do that. Thanks!

    --
    Fuego - Unicycle Ninja

    "Unicycling is more about the center of concentration than the center of
    balance."

    'OneWheelNinjaSquad' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/OneWheelNinjaSquad)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Fuego's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6983
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37284

  10. Does anybody know if the campsite area will have some kind of shower?
    I'd like to camp this year to save some money but three is a lot of days
    to ride in the desert without showering.

    --
    Ben Plotkin-Swing

    www.benps.com

    "Every truly great accomplishment is at first impossible" -Fortune
    cookie.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ben Plotkin-Swing's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/378
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37284

  11. We are camping right by the river.... That will be my place for a bath.

    --
    Ed Hansen - You know you want to be me.

    "Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit."
    (Edward Abbey)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ed Hansen's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6013
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37284

  12. Since there seems to be a few people who know the area here, does
    anybody know what the ski season is like in Utah? I'm wondering if
    March 31 is a good or bad time. For example, here in my area, late
    march is usually too warm for good skiing. But, I'm hoping its a
    different story in Utah.

    I figure since I have to fly in early on thursday before meeting with my
    carpool and driving down friday, maybe I'll spend half a day
    snowboarding instead of bumming around the motel.

    --
    nbrazzi

    Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong.

    -Carl Sagan
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    nbrazzi's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/917
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37284

  13. A brief glance at today's weather in Park City shows it to be 26 degrees
    F at 12:45 pm. Tha't plenty cold enough for their ski season to be in
    full swing. It still is here in CA, though it can get into the 50s or
    even 60s in the afternoon.

    That sounds like fun...

    --
    johnfoss - The wilder Wilder

    John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone
    "jfoss" at "unicycling.com" -- www.unicycling.com

    "Read the rules!" -- 'IUF Rulebook'
    (http://www.unicycling.org/iuf/rulebook/) -- 'USA Rulebook'
    (http://www.unicycling.org/usa/competition/)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    johnfoss's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/832
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37284

  14. nbrazzi said:

    *Since there seems to be a few people who know the area here, does
    anybody know what the ski season is like in Utah? I'm wondering if
    March 31 is a good or bad time. For example, here in my area, late
    march is usually too warm for good skiing. But, I'm hoping its a
    different story in Utah.*

    I lived in Utah during two different periods, but during the time in
    between those periods, whenever I'd plan a ski trip there it was always
    for the last week of March, first week of April timeframe. It is
    definitely spring conditions by then, but not too late that they don't
    still have new fluffy snowfall happening. The chance of a good snow is
    fair, and the chance of gorgeous sunny spring days is almost guaranteed.

    I'd say boarding will still be quite good, although if you're a powder
    hound you may not get all that much. If you're happy just ripping big
    fast lines in the sun, you're in business.

    I used to love the fact that I could hop on a plane at 7am in Boston's
    freezing drizzle and be enjoying a cold beer in the warm sun on the
    patio at Watson Shelter by 1pm.

    --
    tomblackwood - Registered Nurtz

    Tailgate at your own risk.....

    "By George! The man's a genius!"
    Murde Mental

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    tomblackwood's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3762
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37284

  15. Contact Rolf, he ski patrols in the wasatch.

    nbrazzi said:

    *Since there seems to be a few people who know the area here, does
    anybody know what the ski season is like in Utah? I'm wondering if
    March 31 is a good or bad time. For example, here in my area, late
    march is usually too warm for good skiing. But, I'm hoping its a
    different story in Utah.

    I figure since I have to fly in early on thursday before meeting with
    my carpool and driving down friday, maybe I'll spend half a day
    snowboarding instead of bumming around the motel. *

    --
    aspenmike - unicycling albino
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    aspenmike's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3768
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37284

  16. Hey, Ben, Why not just buy one of those black plastic "Solar showers"
    you can get at Wal-Mart? Or maybe it's forbidden. I don't know, but I
    have a few I'm bringing.

    --
    elmer - uniimpaired

    "At 40 life begins...to show."
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    elmer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5193
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37284

  17. Ben, try this:

    http://www.discovermoab.com/shower.htm

    --
    merrill

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    merrill's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/818
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37284


  18. Quoted message said:

    -Originally posted by Ben Plotkin-Swing- *Does anybody know if the
    campsite area will have some kind of shower?*

    Ben-

    I'm sorry I won't be there this year to ensure that you are showered
    with kisses from cute girls. Someone else will have to take care of your
    showers this year.

    --
    harper - TANKED at GASWORKS

    -Greg Harper

    B L U E S H I F T

    JC is the ONLY main man. (except for Ken Looi)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    harper's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/426
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37284

  19. I rode at Moab last weekend with a few friends who were on spring break.
    I've got a few pics and panoramas online for those of you getting
    anxious for MMF.

    http://www.gb4mfg.com/mtn/panoramas.html

    http://www.gb4mfg.com/temp/moab_preview/

    --
    gbarnes - www.gb4mfg.com

    George C. Barnes IV
    GB4 Manufacturing, L.L.C.
    http://www.gb4mfg.com/
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    gbarnes's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/174
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37284

  20. Great photos, thanks for posting them. The terrain looks
    fantastic...very different to the type of trails we have here. That's
    why I want to go to Moab so much...one year.

    Andrew

    --
    andrew_carter - Learning to unicycle...

    *http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/andrew*
    http://www.unicycles.com.au
    unicycling tips and tutorials - http://www.unicycle.2ya.com
    *'my big movie (51mb, divx)' (http://tinyurl.com/4bxdl)*
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    andrew_carter's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1052
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37284

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.