Moab (& Fruita) RV Parks near the trails?

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Scott G, Sep 24, 2005.

  1. Scott G

    Scott G Guest

    I've been searching the web (and this group) trying to locate the best RV
    parks for trails in Durango, Moab, and Fruita. I'd like to be able to ride
    from the campground to the mountain bike trails. I've got Durango nailed
    down (United). For Fruita, "Highline" has come up a few times, so unless
    there's something better I'll reserve a site this week.

    However, the results for Moab have been elusive. Any suggestions?

    Thanks!
    Scott

    Tags:

  2. JD

    JD Guest

    Fruita, stay at Highline or Fruita State Parks.

    JD

  3. Raptor

    Raptor Guest

    Scott G wrote:
    > I've been searching the web (and this group) trying to locate the best RV
    > parks for trails in Durango, Moab, and Fruita. I'd like to be able to ride
    > from the campground to the mountain bike trails. I've got Durango nailed
    > down (United). For Fruita, "Highline" has come up a few times, so unless
    > there's something better I'll reserve a site this week.
    >
    > However, the results for Moab have been elusive. Any suggestions?
    >
    > Thanks!
    > Scott

    There's a commercial RV park/campground about 5 miles north of Moab on
    the main highway, very close to the Gemini Bridges trailhead. It's good
    enough.

    Conservative dictionary:
    Judicial Activist: n. A judge who tends to rule against your wishes.

  4. Scott G

    Scott G Guest

    > Fruita, stay at Highline or Fruita State Parks.
    >
    > JD

    Thanks. Looks like Fruita State Park (aka Colorado River SP?) made the cut
    since it has hookups. We'll figure out Moab when we get there.

    Scott

  5. JD

    JD Guest

    Scott G wrote:
    > > Fruita, stay at Highline or Fruita State Parks.
    > >
    > > JD

    > Thanks. Looks like Fruita State Park (aka Colorado River SP?) made the cut
    > since it has hookups. We'll figure out Moab when we get there.
    >
    > Scott

    Fruita SP is a piece of the Colorado River State Park,s, along with
    Island Acres, Connected Lakes and Corn Lake.

    JD

  6. Per Löwdin

    Per Löwdin Guest

    > I've got Durango nailed
    > down (United).

    It is good, stayed there two years ago. Still need a ride to do the Hermosa
    trail, but Horse Gulch and a fun section of the Colorado trail are within
    easy reach, well the Colorado Trail takes a lot of climbing.

    > For Fruita, "Highline" has come up a few times, so unless there's
    > something better I'll reserve a site this week.

    We stayed in Monument RV Resort, was a compromise, close to food shops,
    between book cliffs and kokopelli. Clinically clean place, bit German in
    style, would prefer to stay at the state park place just across the road,
    more greenery, ponds, and space.

    > However, the results for Moab have been elusive. Any suggestions?

    None, did not make it there.

    Per
    http://lowdin.nu