Modern BB for Ofmega cranks

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Tc Rider, Jun 20, 2003.

  1. Tc Rider

    Tc Rider Guest

    I've got a pair of beefy, Campy-knock off Ofmega cranks from the early 80's; now I want to put them
    on a similar vintage Paramount and I doubt my Italian-threaded OMAS bottom bracket (what a gorgeous
    piece of work BTW) will fit. Is there a relatively affordable modern BB that will do as a
    replacement? I don't even know if the square tapers are the same between then and now...

    Thanks! TC

    Tags:

  2. Dan Daniel

    Dan Daniel Guest

    On Fri, 20 Jun 2003 16:30:48 -0700, "TC Rider" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I've got a pair of beefy, Campy-knock off Ofmega cranks from the early 80's; now I want to put them
    >on a similar vintage Paramount and I doubt my Italian-threaded OMAS bottom bracket (what a gorgeous
    >piece of work BTW) will fit. Is there a relatively affordable modern BB that will do as a
    >replacement? I don't even know if the square tapers are the same between then and now...
    >
    >Thanks! TC

    I put mid-80s Ofmega cranks on a Shimano UN-72 bottom bracket. No problem with the taper.

  3. Dianne_1234

    Dianne_1234 Guest

    "TC Rider" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > I've got a pair of beefy, Campy-knock off Ofmega cranks from the early 80's; now I want to put
    > them on a similar vintage Paramount and I doubt my Italian-threaded OMAS bottom bracket (what a
    > gorgeous piece of work BTW) will fit. Is there a relatively affordable modern BB that will do as a
    > replacement? I don't even know if the square tapers are the same between then and now...
    >
    > Thanks! TC

    I used a Sugino bottom bracket from the LBS. The Shimano taper didn't look like full
    engagement to me.