modern heart rate monitors

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Mike, Jun 18, 2003.

  1. Mike

    Mike Guest

    Polar® S-510 Heart Rate Monitor/Cyclometer how is this one or others that uploads to computers? do
    they work easily and is the software they come with good enough or do u need to purchase better
    software? i really want to just be able to program via the computer , rather than trying to push
    little buttons on the watch. i see some of the polar use cord free sonic or infrared uplinks , be
    nice to easily keep progress of daily rides and heart rates

    Tags:

  2. [email protected] (mike) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Polar® S-510 Heart Rate Monitor/Cyclometer how is this one or others that uploads to computers? do
    > they work easily and is the software they come with good enough or do u need to purchase better
    > software? i really want to just be able to program via the computer , rather than trying to push
    > little buttons on the watch. i see some of the polar use cord free sonic or infrared uplinks , be
    > nice to easily keep progress of daily rides and heart rates

    Hi Mike, I have the S-610 and can recommend it highly. The infrared interface is flawless, and the
    software is awesome. You can track and record multiple exercise sessions, and download them later in
    the week. They then appear on the diary in the proper date and time. Cool! I would check out their
    website for information. Polar is the leader in HRM technology. If you need or want a HRM at this
    level, go Polar. They now have two year warranties. I've had problems with powerline interference as
    is sometimes mentioned on this NG. The transmitter strap has a two year warranty also, and you need
    to replace this as a unit when the battery goes. But again, this is a minor issue IMO. I've had
    problems with nonsealed transmitter straps in the past. Excellent product!! Regards, Greg Dorfmeier,
    Smyrna Ga RANS V2 #005

  3. Jim Verheul

    Jim Verheul Guest

    I have had great success with Polars. I am now using the S720 and am loving
    it. A couple of points:

    The S series models ending in 10 don't have as visible a display as the ones ending in 20. This was
    enough to make me change to the 720 from the 710. I had a hard time reading the cadence on the 710
    mounted between my legs on a USS R40. On my Bachetta I have it on the bars where I think either
    display would work for me.

    My wife has the 510 with Sonic interface. I tried every trick in the book, and called customer
    service a few times, and bought a few external microphones but the watch would just not generate
    enough sound to get through to her HP laptop. I never got around to testing on any other computers.
    The IR interface on the 710 and 720 have worked fine with my desktop computer and Polar's USB-IR
    interface.

    The software is great! The only downside to Polar S series monitors is learning how to use all the
    features of the watch. I am still learning new things.

    Wanna buy a month old S710 in perfect condition? JV

    news:[email protected]...