Road Cycling · Public discussion

Modest Improvement on the trail bike

Started by Badger South · · Last activity · 3 posts · 806 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
3 October 2003
Last activity
4 October 2003
Original author
Badger South
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
806
Views / 30 days
4

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Since Aug 12th, looking at my training logs, I've cut a full 4 min off the part of my ride that I
    time, a difficult course through the woods of about 5 miles.

    In Aug I was hitting times around 20". Today I did the timed part of the course in 15:30.

    Would I be best served by trying to schedule 2 a day rides, or should I try to increase the milage?

    I'm a retired 50-something baby-boomer, with a bit of bursitis in one hip, thus the modest goals.

    TIA,

    -B

    --
    [email hidden]

  2. Congradulations on the improvement! Thats 15 to 20 miles per hour!

    My goals is just to go where the spirit moves me for about an hour and hope for improvement. So far
    so good. Can make it up hills with less "out of breathness", speed is increasing. But the most
    important thing is to enjoy the ride and not be too concerned with times and mileage.

    Never too late take care Liz

    Hey! Look what [email hidden] (Badger South) wrote :

    Quoted message said:

    Since Aug 12th, looking at my training logs, I've cut a full 4 min off the part of my ride that I
    time, a difficult course through the woods of about 5 miles.

    In Aug I was hitting times around 20". Today I did the timed part of the course in 15:30.

    Would I be best served by trying to schedule 2 a day rides, or should I try to increase the milage?

    I'm a retired 50-something baby-boomer, with a bit of bursitis in one hip, thus the modest goals.

    TIA,

    -B

  3. In article said:

    Congradulations on the improvement! Thats 15 to 20 miles per hour!

    My goals is just to go where the spirit moves me for about an hour and hope for improvement. So far
    so good. Can make it up hills with less "out of breathness", speed is increasing. But the most
    important thing is to enjoy the ride and not be too concerned with times and mileage.

    Never too late take care Liz

    Hey, that is pretty cool. Uh, but I may have over-estimated the distance a little, b/c I'm pretty
    sure I'm not going that fast. What is the average speed of a 'middle of the pack' rider?

    Anyway, I'm reasonably happy with the time improvement. I didn't expect that much improvement in
    just a few weeks.

    I'm also pleased that I've been riding every day, and haven't missed but two days because of
    Hurricane Isabel. I guess I can be excused, b/c, haha, the trail was under about 3 feet of water.
    Today was the first day the trail had all the trees cleared off and the sand dunes plowed. I
    actually took a tree saw and cut three of the smaller trees into pieces two weeks ago. That was an
    adventure!

    Thanks for the advice. Are you riding the roads or the trails? Street or Trail bike?

    (Cool handle by the way! ;-) )

    -Badger
    --
    [email hidden]

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.