modifying thule rack for discs

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Webber Daniel, Feb 15, 2003.

  1. I have a thule bike roof rack which holds the bike by the front forks. Unfortunately now I have hope
    discs (xc4s) the caliper fouls the rack. I think I just need to cut a bit of metal off of the rack.

    Has anyone else done this and any tips?

    MTIA

    Dan

    Tags:

  2. Paul - XXX

    Paul - XXX Guest

    webbe[email protected] deftly scribbled:

    > I have a thule bike roof rack which holds the bike by the front forks. Unfortunately now I have
    > hope discs (xc4s) the caliper fouls the rack. I think I just need to cut a bit of metal off of
    > the rack.
    >
    > Has anyone else done this and any tips?
    >
    > MTIA
    >
    > Dan

    Ours has a swinging clamp piece, we just altered the angle that it swings when we took a friends
    disc braked bike with us ..

    --
    ...................................Paul-xxx Seti 1417 wu in 10303 hours
    http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ http://graffiti.virgin.net/ar.sole/Index.htm

  3. Terry

    Terry Guest

    [email protected] wrote:
    > I have a thule bike roof rack which holds the bike by the front forks. Unfortunately now I have
    > hope discs (xc4s) the caliper fouls the rack. I think I just need to cut a bit of metal off of
    > the rack.
    >
    > Has anyone else done this and any tips?
    >
    > MTIA
    >
    > Dan

    I've got two Thule Tour 510's going spare now that I've ordered a tow bar mounted kit (new car) if
    you're interested?