Modolo hybrid bars

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by John Gray, Jan 26, 2003.

  1. John Gray

    John Gray Guest

    Anyone any experience of these? I am considering having them fitted to a new bike, rather then
    conventional straight bars ( I don't want drops). Any thoughts/advice? First impressions are it must
    be awkward, if not impossible, to fit a barbag, which might be a nuisance.

    John Gray

    Tags:

  2. Pattledom

    Pattledom Guest

    John Gray wrote:
    > Anyone any experience of these? I am considering having them fitted to a new bike, rather then
    > conventional straight bars ( I don't want drops). Any thoughts/advice? First impressions are it
    > must be awkward, if not impossible, to fit a barbag, which might be a nuisance.

    That sums them up quite well. They give you a lot more places to hold them than straight bars, which
    is a good thing, but I haven't found a way to fit a barbag on - which hasn't been a great problem
    because I've plenty of rack space for panniers.

    Mine aren't Modolo though. Modolo bars were about 50 quid last time I looked - mine were less than
    half that.

    --
    Andrew Pattle

  3. Mozfranklin

    Mozfranklin Guest

    You can buy a bar bag mount extender for £4.00 from www.gearshift.co.uk code number WRKBR2. On the
    subject of the bars i have put a set on my Raleigh Randonneur touring frame after i canibalised the
    ergo levers and gears for my audax bike, i find them quite comfortable and a nice change. Another
    bonus point is being able to use V brakes with out any problems associated with the cable pull of
    drop levers. Also highly recommended is the foam sleeves for £6.00 a pair also from gearshift.
    Happy cycling.

  4. John Gray

    John Gray Guest

    Thanks for the useful advice chaps!