Modolo hybrid bars

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

John Gray

Anyone any experience of these? I am considering having them fitted to a new bike, rather then
conventional straight bars ( I don't want drops). Any thoughts/advice? First impressions are it must
be awkward, if not impossible, to fit a barbag, which might be a nuisance.

John Gray

John Gray wrote:
> Anyone any experience of these? I am considering having them fitted to a new bike, rather then
> conventional straight bars ( I don't want drops). Any thoughts/advice? First impressions are it
> must be awkward, if not impossible, to fit a barbag, which might be a nuisance.
>

That sums them up quite well. They give you a lot more places to hold them than straight bars, which
is a good thing, but I haven't found a way to fit a barbag on - which hasn't been a great problem
because I've plenty of rack space for panniers.

Mine aren't Modolo though. Modolo bars were about 50 quid last time I looked - mine were less than
half that.

--
Andrew Pattle

You can buy a bar bag mount extender for £4.00 from www.gearshift.co.uk code number WRKBR2. On the
subject of the bars i have put a set on my Raleigh Randonneur touring frame after i canibalised the
ergo levers and gears for my audax bike, i find them quite comfortable and a nice change. Another
bonus point is being able to use V brakes with out any problems associated with the cable pull of
drop levers. Also highly recommended is the foam sleeves for £6.00 a pair also from gearshift.
Happy cycling.

Thanks for the useful advice chaps!

JG

"MozFranklin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> You can buy a bar bag mount extender for £4.00 from www.gearshift.co.uk
code
> number WRKBR2. On the subject of the bars i have put a set on my Raleigh Randonneur touring frame
> after i canibalised the ergo levers and gears for
my
> audax bike, i find them quite comfortable and a nice change. Another bonus point is being able to
> use V brakes with out any problems associated with
the
> cable pull of drop levers. Also highly recommended is the foam sleeves for £6.00 a pair also from
> gearshift. Happy cycling.

Status
Not open for further replies.