Modolo Morpho shifters

Ralph Ray

Jun 26, 2003
Hello, I thought I posted this question but it never showed up. I will try again. Has anyone had any experiance with the Modolo Morpho shifters? I have seen them in Nashbar. They claim they will work with Campy or Shimano and will work with 7,8,or 9 speed systems. Kind of neat looking. If you have them or have tried them let me know. Thanks

Originally posted by Ralph Ray
Hello, I thought I posted this question but it never showed up. I will try again. Has anyone had any experiance with the Modolo Morpho shifters? I have seen them in Nashbar. They claim they will work with Campy or Shimano and will work with 7,8,or 9 speed systems. Kind of neat looking. If you have them or have tried them let me know. Thanks

I used them with a seven speed indexed setup and they were OK. Liked the look, and the fact that I could easily shift from the top of the bars. Switched frames, moved to a 9 speed Shimano setup- Ultegra derailleurs, crankset, cassette and chain. Reset Modolos to 9sp Shimano. They worked, but not well. Was very hard to set the cable tension to a setting that worked throughout entire range on the rear. Chain was forever trying to climb from next to largest to largest, or from next to smallest to smallest. Couldn't seem to get it adjusted to a setting that worked. Rechecked that they were set right - yes, 9sp Shimano. The indexing was just OFF. Changed to Ultegra shifters, without doing anything to derailleurs, chainline, limit screws etc. - Flawless shfting, with no extraneous noises, etc. Afraid I can't recommend the Modolos for Shimano...

Thanks jestork, that sounds typical of a product claiming to be a one for every application. I wonder if anyone has used it with Campy? They do look neat though.

Originally posted by Ralph Ray

I've been using the Morpho shifters for about a year with a 9 speed Dura Ace setup I'm using a sram chain but everything else is Shimano. It took a little bit to set them up but they worked fine after the initial setup. I initially had a problem getting the shifting right but finally realized I had the cable on the wrong side of the anchor bolt on the derailler. I like the levers they are very comfortable.

built a bike for my girlfriend. it is equipped with shim dura ace 8speed. it works for about a year without any problems.
shifting is a little bit rougher than ultegra, but works good.
there is a lot of stuff like mounting stuff, cables etc in the box. in germany they are quiet cheap (appr. USD80,-), and there are different colors available.

tobias.

website