Modolo or SunTour?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by kranz, Sep 24, 2004.

1. kranz

kranz New Member

I'm refurbishing a early 80s Raleigh Professional and have two sets of brake calipers I'm considering for this bike. I've got a set of Modolo Master Pros and a set of Suntour Superbes. I'm not concerned with having original equipment. Just concerned with the best performance. I will be using NOS Suntour superbe levers. However I confess I have no knowledge or experience with either the Modolo or Suntour calipers.

Is there a clear choice here? Or what might be the pros and cons of using one vs. the other? Any advice from the knowlegable folks on this forum would be much appreciated! Thanks.

Tags:

2. boudreaux

boudreaux New Member

I'd go for the suntours.But, ya got em both so why not try em and find out for yourself.

3. kranz

kranz New Member

I thought of that, but being lazy person that I am I thought I'd solicit opinions on this board in case there was a clear winner here and save myself some work. I guess this question hasn't stirred up much controversy or rabid beliefs for either product. :)

4. Powerful Pete

Powerful Pete New Member

Don't know a thing about the suntours, but the Modolos were one of my dreams bake then as a junior high student.

Try 'em and set them up with the sinterised (sp?) pads, which were all the rage then!

Enjoy the bike-building and riding! :D