Mods / Admin

roadhouse

Aug 2, 2009
I got the old e-mail from one of you so I can log back in from my laptop as roadhouse BUT, and this is ever so fitting to the case at hand and I hope you all find it as humorous as I did frustrating, I can't recall the password for that account and Yahoo, when trying to find the password, can't seem to find any record of that ID, of that e-mail, so in essense that old e-mail no longer exists so I can't log back in as roadhouse because I can't very well find a non existing e-mail to begin with to retrieve that password. If any of you can find my password for this site for "roadhouse" it'd be great because at the current time only when I'm on the home pc am I automatically logged in as roadhouse but I am not always around the pc or have use of it so I'm more often then not on the lap top and that is me as RoadhAuse, recently. In other words, I'm not trying to be funny by having two accounts, I just can't get back on from my laptop as roadhouse. I'm liking RoadhAuse a lot more for some reason nowadays, probably because it's capitalized which brings me to the second point of this thread.

Just one cluster cluck after another from me, huh? /img/vbsmilies/smilies/hissyfit.gif

If any of you could capitalize the first letter of my screename "roadhouse" so it displays as "Roadhouse", that would be great.

Thanks for all the help (*Cyber) the lot of you,

Preston

*found my old e-mail.

No problem. :cool: I tried to go into the area to edit your user name, only to find out that that is an admin-level function that I don't have access to. Depending on which browser you're using on the comp that you can log in with, you may be able to retrieve the password from the browser - Firefox allows you to do that. Also, in accordance with the forum rules allowing only one account per person, I had no choice but to ban your new account.

How do I find out through Firefox which is what I use on the PC but not the lap top, how to find my password for this site? As it stands now, I won't be ale to post much as the lap top is usually what I use.

In Firefox, go to Tools - Options, then click Security at the top of the window, there will be a button in that window to view all of your saved passwords. In Chrome, check out this article : http://www.ehow.com/how_4503738_save-retrieve-passwords-google-chrome.html If you use IE, this might help you: http://www.bing.com/search?q=retrieve+stored+passwords+in+internet+explorer&go=&form=QBRE&qs=n&sk= Once you've gotten that straightened out, you might want to go to your user CP and change the password to one that you can remember more easily. Which browser do you use on the lappy?

On the lap top I've been using regular Internet Explorer but after I just now checked, Mozilla Firefox is also installed on it. Go figure.

You'll find 'Tools' in the Menu Bar (File, Edit, View, History, Bookmarks, Tools, Help) just above the Address Bar. Click on it, then click 'Options' in the drop-down list. This will open the Firefox options window. In the Firefox options window, click 'Security' at the top of the window. After you do that, you should see the 'Saved Passwords' button in the middle on the right side.

Nope, I have none of that listed. I have the refresh button and a Mozilla Firefox home page icon on the very top left just after the forward and backward page arrows, then the address bar, then to the furthest right on the top an AVG Secure Search bar, under all of that and back to the left there is a Foxit name with a Search ASK small address bar, then a Launch icon and a Foxit Message icon and then an options logo which I clicked on but didn't really go anywhere. Under all of that I have another AVG address bar, a Page Status button, a Delete History button, Identity Guard, E-mail, the weather icon and a Facebook icon, I think it is. I don't see the normal Tools button anywhere.

Okay, I clicked on the Options icon and it brought out the File, Edit, View, History, Bookmarks, Tools and Help options but I can't see anything listed concerning security. Under the View button I can get to Toolbars and it goes to AVG Security Toolbar if that tells you anything. Ack.

Hold on, I got it, Security and it shows a button to find passwords and it shows that the box is checked so as the computer will find passwords as the check means it's storing them all but when I click on it, there is nothing in the box, no websites stored or passwords. I tried putting in this site and also my user name but nothing is showing in the box, just blank, as if it hasn't stored anything. I'll try on the lap top and if that comes up empty I'll just ask Steve.

Originally Posted by cyberlegend1994 .

In Firefox, go to Tools - Options, then click Security at the top of the window, there will be a button in that window to view all of your saved passwords.

In Chrome, check out this article : http://www.ehow.com/how_4503738_save-retrieve-passwords-google-chrome.html

If you use IE, this might help you: http://www.bing.com/search?q=retrieve+stored+passwords+in+internet+explorer&go=&form=QBRE&qs=n&sk=

Once you've gotten that straightened out, you might want to go to your user CP and change the password to one that you can remember more easily.

Which browser do you use on the lappy?

Krikey, this is sooooo frustrating. I click on the options under the tools and it takes me to the security feature which explains passwords and the browser saving passwords UNLESS I have clicked "Never for this site" which those sites I've done the "Never for this site" thing, two of them show up when I click on the Exceptions button to show which sites' passwords will not have been saved and this site is not on that list but I'm not receiving an option to be able to find this site or the password, again, acting as if nothing is saved. I enter this site in the search bar but all I can do is type in the name and then I have no option to literally search for it, no button to click to "go" or anything and in all honesty, it's a scroll type bar so as soon as I begin to put letters in it it should pop up on its own if it were in there, and the same for my user name but nothing. The only hope I have left is Steve, I guess.

Ohh, wooooe is me...

OK, here is a complete step-by-step list of how to retrieve your stored passwords in Firefox: 1. Open Firefox. 2. Click 'Tools' in the Menu Bar. 3. Click 'Options' in the drop-down list. The Options wildow will open. 4. Click 'Security' at the top of the Options window. 5. In the Security options, click the 'Saved Passwords' button. A new window will open with a scroll list of all your sites and user names. 6. Click the 'Show Passwords' button at the bottom of the window. A dialog box will ask you to confirm. After you confirm, the list will widen and show your stored passwords. 7. Scroll down the list to the login info for the site password you want to retrieve. 8. When you find it, write it down, then close both the list and Options windows.

After step 5, there is no "show password" feature, as if nothing is there at all. I can get to where the scroll down list for either site or user name SHOULD be but there's nothing there.

"Show passwords" is not available. It's visible but it's shadowed as if nothing is there so there's not point in me begin able to click on it, as if the button is in "off" mode.

I clicked on the Help button and clicked on updates and all I got was "there are no Fire Fox updates available."

If you click Help - About Mozilla Firefox, a window will open with the version information. The latest version is 3.6.12. Also, which OS are you running? (Windows or Mac, XP/Vista/7)

Yuppers, that's what I have, 3.6.12 and Windows XP I think it is.

Originally Posted by cyberlegend1994 .

If you click Help - About Mozilla Firefox, a window will open with the version information. The latest version is 3.6.12.

Also, which OS are you running? (Windows or Mac, XP/Vista/7)