Mods gone soft? Cyberlegend locking threads just because?

swampy1970

Feb 3, 2008
WTF? Locking threads just because the poor ol' modsey wodsey doesn't want potential "troll" and flame wars going on.

What is this, pre-school or has someone got a ****** complex and seeks to exert his mighty POWAH or did their humor bucket develop a leak and now it's running empty?

http://www.cyclingforums.com/cycling-equipment/475467-powercranks-power-meter-revisited.html

http://www.cyclingforums.com/cycling-equipment/475435-powercranks-powermeter.html

I'm surpised you didn't close down the board at sunset and tell everyone to go brush their teeth and go to bed...

I was pretty surprised to find those threads locked as well. I expected a bit more from this place than that.

From whence comes criticism, always consider the source...

The moderator(s) did well in locking those threads as the bickering carousel and those riding on it should be contained in one thread...

I can see why Cyber locked those threads and I would have done the same.

Why have the same endless debate on multiple threads?

What purpose does it serve other than to stir people up again on a subject they clearly will never agree upon?

What's wrong with continuing the debate on the existing threads? That way those of us who aren't interested already know which thread(s) to avoid and it keeps all of the posts easy to find for those who are interested.

Moderators can't please everyone and shouldn't be expected to. Their job is to enforce the rules established by the administrator, which are intended to make the forum a good place for all of us to enjoy. I've been a moderator before and it's a thankless job.

Cyber does a very good job of supporting this forum, he's more tolerant than I would be in many cases, assists people when they need help, keeps the spam cleaned up and I really appreciate his efforts.

Cyber's alright and I've come to just accept what it is he decides to do and move on and we all know that I was never the one to not speak my mind when it used to come to him and his locking of threads as we've had more than a few disputes about this exact same situation. The thing I can say about Cyber's lack of experience parralleled with what one can say to be negligible insight concerning athletes in regards to their petty disputes on these athletic forums is that there tends to remain what has long been lost, a common decency.