Moment of divine intevention ? or just lucky

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by MikeyOz, Nov 7, 2007.

  1. MikeyOz

    MikeyOz New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 12, 2003
    Commuting home today was heading home with the tail wind along Beaconsfield parade, I have not done it for a while but a truck went past I and contemplated for a moment having a "draft" session for the rest of the ride, but decided nah, will just push it along myself, I'm not sure what made me decided to not worry about it, getting older ? who knows.

    anyway, about 1 kilometre later, car on inside lane heading towards city, pulled over back completely smashed in, and truck that I was going to draft had then pulled over as well in front of the car.

    Rode the last 3 km's home, very glad I decided not to draft the truck, not sure if I will ever do it again either.

    Tags:

  2. ritcho

    ritcho New Member

    Joined:
    May 24, 2004
    I gave it up after running up the back of a big tour bus... those things can really stop quickly when they're not carrying passengers! Strangely enough, I didn't think it was as funny as the peak hour motorists... :eek:

    Ritch

  3. Meeba

    Meeba New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 25, 2003
    ooh me too...... l had a car try to barge out of petrol station into st georges rd,(and into my lane as l approached) He saw me and was watching me while he tried to speed out effectively cutting me off,,,, only to clip another car parked near! DIVINE INTERVENTION!! l had to grin the other way cause l travel that route a lot!!

  4. MikeyOz

    MikeyOz New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 12, 2003
    Ouch..... :(

    I actually think I had a nightmare that night, about hitting the back of a truck while riding and had this very intense, slow motion image of my heading hitting it and then the rest of me following into the truck. Can't be a good thing to do, at least you were ok.

  5. MikeyOz wrote:
    > ritcho Wrote:
    >> I gave it up after running up the back of a big tour bus... those things
    >> can really stop quickly when they're not carrying passengers! Strangely
    >> enough, I didn't think it was as funny as the peak hour motorists... :eek:
    >>
    >> Ritch

    > Ouch..... :(
    >
    > I actually think I had a nightmare that night, about hitting the back
    > of a truck while riding and had this very intense, slow motion image of
    > my heading hitting it and then the rest of me following into the truck.
    > Can't be a good thing to do, at least you were ok.

    Was there a dent in the bedroom wall when you woke up?

  6. MikeyOz

    MikeyOz New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 12, 2003