Moment of divine intevention ? or just lucky

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by MikeyOz, Nov 7, 2007.

1. MikeyOz

MikeyOz New Member

Commuting home today was heading home with the tail wind along Beaconsfield parade, I have not done it for a while but a truck went past I and contemplated for a moment having a "draft" session for the rest of the ride, but decided nah, will just push it along myself, I'm not sure what made me decided to not worry about it, getting older ? who knows.

anyway, about 1 kilometre later, car on inside lane heading towards city, pulled over back completely smashed in, and truck that I was going to draft had then pulled over as well in front of the car.

Rode the last 3 km's home, very glad I decided not to draft the truck, not sure if I will ever do it again either.

Tags:

2. ritcho

ritcho New Member

I gave it up after running up the back of a big tour bus... those things can really stop quickly when they're not carrying passengers! Strangely enough, I didn't think it was as funny as the peak hour motorists... :eek:

Ritch

3. Meeba

Meeba New Member

ooh me too...... l had a car try to barge out of petrol station into st georges rd,(and into my lane as l approached) He saw me and was watching me while he tried to speed out effectively cutting me off,,,, only to clip another car parked near! DIVINE INTERVENTION!! l had to grin the other way cause l travel that route a lot!!

4. MikeyOz

MikeyOz New Member

Ouch..... :(

I actually think I had a nightmare that night, about hitting the back of a truck while riding and had this very intense, slow motion image of my heading hitting it and then the rest of me following into the truck. Can't be a good thing to do, at least you were ok.

5. MikeyOz wrote:
    > ritcho Wrote:
    >> I gave it up after running up the back of a big tour bus... those things
    >> can really stop quickly when they're not carrying passengers! Strangely
    >> enough, I didn't think it was as funny as the peak hour motorists... :eek:
    >>
    >> Ritch

>
    > Ouch..... :(
    >
    > I actually think I had a nightmare that night, about hitting the back
    > of a truck while riding and had this very intense, slow motion image of
    > my heading hitting it and then the rest of me following into the truck.
    > Can't be a good thing to do, at least you were ok.
    >
    >

Was there a dent in the bedroom wall when you woke up?

6. MikeyOz

MikeyOz New Member

Nope..!! But my wife said that I was pretty active last night in bed.... :eek: