Mondonico front derailer cable route que

teamgomez

Aug 23, 2005
The cable routing for the front derailer on the Mondonico has been nagging at me...it is presently routed over what appears to be a cable guide...but it is metal on a "V" of metal...

I can't help but think this cable is going to saw thru this "V" or the V is going to get the better of the cable over time (which is softer? don't know). Couple pix attached...is this normal for the Mondonico, should the cable be routed in 'front' (or between) this V and the seat tube, or should I find/rig something btwn the cable/frame :confused::confused::confused:

teamgomez said:
The cable routing for the front derailer on the Mondonico has been nagging at me...it is presently routed over what appears to be a cable guide...but it is metal on a "V" of metal...

I can't help but think this cable is going to saw thru this "V" or the V is going to get the better of the cable over time (which is softer? don't know). Couple pix attached...is this normal for the Mondonico, should the cable be routed in 'front' (or between) this V and the seat tube, or should I find/rig something btwn the cable/frame :confused::confused::confused:

Is there a hole between the seat tube and the gusset on that BB bracket cluster? If so pass the cable through the hole. You'll find shifting effort will go down a bit.

Agreed, that cable is supposed to go under and not over the gusset.