Mondonico / Torelli Bikes

yogin78

Aug 30, 2006
Any thoughts on Mondonico / Torelli road bike frames? They look pretty nice on the website. Unfortunately I am not able to find a LBS in the chicago area that has them (if anyone knows of one around here, please let me know). I really like the Torelli Countach and the Mondonico Futura Leggero. Okay, I'd really like the Mondonico Foco...but at nearly $1,000 more than the Futura Leggero...just a bit out of my price range (at least that is what my wife tells me!). Any thoughts? Are the bikes respected and a good value? Thanks all!

yogin78 said:
Any thoughts on Mondonico / Torelli road bike frames? They look pretty nice on the website. Unfortunately I am not able to find a LBS in the chicago area that has them (if anyone knows of one around here, please let me know). I really like the Torelli Countach and the Mondonico Futura Leggero. Okay, I'd really like the Mondonico Foco...but at nearly $1,000 more than the Futura Leggero...just a bit out of my price range (at least that is what my wife tells me!). Any thoughts? Are the bikes respected and a good value? Thanks all!

Great bikes, not sure if you ever picked one up. Mondonico does not build any more, but has his name used on frames built by a small shop in Italy. You can find good information on these bikes at Torelli's website.

yogin78 said:
Any thoughts on Mondonico / Torelli road bike frames? They look pretty nice on the website. Unfortunately I am not able to find a LBS in the chicago area that has them (if anyone knows of one around here, please let me know).
Chicagoland Cycling (www.cbike.com).

markrfischer said:
checked their website they do not have any listed are they now carrying Torelli and Mondonico?
Contact them ... I'm pretty sure that they used to carry Torelli frames if you are interested ... if they don't have any, you obviously won't be able to look at one in person; but, they can still probably order one.

I think they used to be on Touhy ...